BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #67
sycd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
I wasn't crazy about the low hanging cans and steathly appearance of the tips with the inner tip black paint. So, I just painted the cans black and removed the inner tip paint, easy breezy. I love the results, the tips pop now and the low hangers practically disappeared. Here's a couple of pics I think I've posted before just to give you an idea.
Looks Great!

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #68
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, X5

Is it fair to say that the MPE is the quietest axle back? or is it akra?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #69
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Think Dinan and MPE are more on quiet end, particularly when not revving.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #70
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 M3

Now that sounds amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Here's another:

OEM Exhaust Mod, stock X-pipe
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #71
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

The exhaust mod actually sounds better than the M Performance Exhaust.

I Don't get the whole concept of ghetto vs classy. The fact that you mod things is closer to what they do in races when they have to make a part work better. But if you want to pay more for a Muffler, it's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeM3 View Post

I Don't get the whole concept of ghetto vs classy. The fact that you mod things is closer to what they do in races when they have to make a part work better. But if you want to pay more for a Muffler, it's up to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #72
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
But if you want to pay more for a Muffler, it's up to you.
Exactamundo! If I were on a tighter budget, I would've looked into the perforated mod...but then again, if money was an issue, I probably would've bought a Mustang instead of the M3 to begin with...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #73
highyo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, X5

Quote:

is this your new signature?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #74
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

I don't think is about "money being an issue", it's more about preference, and for some people including myself, I was looking for a particular sound, and I can justify investing a few hundred bucks for a particular "sound" and not $3K and above. Maybe if I would gain some performance (more than 3HP) I could justify the investment, for sound, speed, etc...No problem with that.

Quote:
Exactamundo! If I were on a tighter budget, I would've looked into the perforated mod...but then again, if money was an issue, I probably would've bought a Mustang instead of the M3 to begin with...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #75
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

rookie mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
is this your new signature?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #76
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I don't think is about "money being an issue", it's more about preference, and for some people including myself, I was looking for a particular sound, and I can justify investing a few hundred bucks for a particular "sound" and not $3K and above. Maybe if I would gain some performance (more than 3HP) I could justify the investment, for sound, speed, etc...No problem with that.
Yup, no real performance gains with any axle back. Sound and looks, subjective and just a personal preference thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #77
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Isn't your whole argument about money being the issue lol?

I agree with your logic and money is the issue to me. If I can get the same results (albeit maybe unconventionally by opening the oem exhaust) for $400 as I could for $3k then it's a no brainier to me.

But, if the M perf exhaust was closer in price to the $400 my exhaust mod cost me I would def buy it instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #78
BMWJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Personaly I do not think ANY muffler is worth that price tag however I wanted a better sound than OEM and wanted to stay OEM at the same time so I had to pay what the price was at the time of purchase.

I think the sound is perfect and I have zero regrets with the execption of less money in my bank account .
Well I guess you wanted better sound bad enough that it became worth more to you than you're money (which is usually what people are referring to when they say worth "it")
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #79
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJ View Post
Well I guess you wanted better sound bad enough that it became worth more to you than you're money (which is usually what people are referring to when they say worth "it")
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #80
juice23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW GTI

My car is a 2012 that came with the M Performance exhaust when I bought it. I have driven M3's with stock exhaust before. I will tell you this, I LOVE THIS EXHAUST. The sound is outstanding when I want it to be. There is a drone at a certain RPM but it quickly goes away once you are out of that resonance range. I never notice it, maybe once or twice since I bought the car 5 months ago. I love this exhaust. It is a head turner. It sounds amazing, it is a BMW product, not sure what else to say. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. LOVE is the word I guess, lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #81
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

So much good feedback on this exhaust

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #82
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep

This topic does tend to get a little heated. Bottom line, you've gotta be happy with the route you take. Let us know what you decide on. FYI, if you don't like drone I'd suggest the perforated OEM mod or just get the M Perf. I think you'd be happy with both in the sound dept. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck amigo!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #83
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
I love how in these discussions so many become experts in how others should or shouldn't spend their own money.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #84
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
I love how in these discussions so many become experts in how others should or shouldn't spend their own money.
The OP created this thread for that exact reason...

In case you haven't noticed, half of the threads on this board are which color should I get, which options should I get, which exhaust should I get etc etc
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #85
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Who is claiming to be expert? Nothing but opinions here. So what is your input to the OP's question?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #86
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Who is claiming to be expert? Nothing but opinions here. So what is your input to the OP's question?
I like the MPE. I had it on my previous car. I heard it right next to an OEM mod and preferred the MPE. At >5k rpm the MPE opens up and roars like Godzilla -- a beautiful sound!

As for what's "worth it", that's a personal decision. Some people love exhausts that I really don't like, but I wouldn't say they wasted their money. That's something only they can decide on. Other people's business, you know?

If you want performance, my feeling is it's best to start with better brakes and/or brake pads, better tires, and lightening up the car. But if you're going to track it, you definitely need some kind of louder exhaust than pure OEM so you can hear your engine. One of my first track days I was hearing other people's engines over mine. I had to keep looking at my tach to see where I was in revs.

That's my two cents. But for you, no charge!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #87
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I like the MPE. I had it on my previous car. I heard it right next to an OEM mod and preferred the MPE. At >5k rpm the MPE opens up and roars like Godzilla -- a beautiful sound!

As for what's "worth it", that's a personal decision. Some people love exhausts that I really don't like, but I wouldn't say they wasted their money. That's something only they can decide on. Other people's business, you know?

If you want performance, my feeling is it's best to start with better brakes and/or brake pads, better tires, and lightening up the car. But if you're going to track it, you definitely need some kind of louder exhaust than pure OEM so you can hear your engine. One of my first track days I was hearing other people's engines over mine. I had to keep looking at my tach to see where I was in revs.

Much better, thanks for something constructive.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #88
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 0