BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM
Closed Thread

04-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #397
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

now now everyone no fighting.....

This is more intense than me and my girl.....

I thought men weren't suppose to fight and create drama?
I thought that drama and fighting only starts when the women leave the kitchen?
Don't we men always make fun of women for the drama they have between their friends/employees/etc etc?
Let's not turn into that now..

Go have your gf/wife/etc make you a sandwich, watch some Top Gear, then go for a cruise to calm down :P

(note: I'm not being sexist, just trying to somewhat bring the mood away from people trying to slice people's throats, figuratively speaking of course)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #398
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I just wanted to chime-in quickly and mention how much I like cake.
lols
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #399
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
It is kinda how PC operates on forums. They figure out things aren't going to happen as they want and they start to lose it.

Google Wayne Besanko Powerchip, the guy is a nutjob.
What does Wayne have to do with any of this?

You clearly have an agenda against him and PC. Every single post you make about PC has no contribution to any relevant discussion - it just serves your personal agenda.

No one is losing anyting. In fact, I'm pushing for the test to happen. Last time I checked we weren't the ones to back out. We had the dyno scheduled and ready to go.

James, are you prepared to offer dates that we can dyno your car?

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 04-14-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #400
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post

James, are you prepared to offer dates that we can dyno your car? I thought you would have posted something to that effect instead of laughing about cake.

should I check in with you before I post anything on the forum? Just to make sure its okay?

I am looking over my calendar and will post up a date when i figure it out.
just so you know and everyone else reading this....

*PC and OE must be present at the test session. its fair to you, fair to them and fair to me.

you sure are something Mike....
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #401
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I just wanted to chime-in quickly and mention how much I like cake.
I like bungt cakes

http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/

Just used my groupon last night.

They're freaking delish
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #402
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
should I check in with you before I post anything on the forum? Just to make sure its okay?

I am looking over my calendar and will post up a date when i figure it out.
just so you know and everyone else reading this....

*PC and OE must be present at the test session. its fair to you, fair to them and fair to me.

you sure are something Mike....
James,

Can we please keep this professional?

Like I said I encourage OE to be there as long as they are level headed. No shouting, insults, or anything of that nature.

You can PM me with a list of dates that you are available, and we can finalize the date and then post it up on this thread. Please make it in mid to late May if possible.

There needs to be a standing agreement that absolutely no one will plug into your OBDII port or remove/disconnect your ECU from now until the date the test happens.

Thank you

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #403
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Keep it professional?? Ugh. Trust me I've tried. Odd how you can say what you want and when I do the same you imply I'm not being professional.

Good one!!

Anyways back on topic. I'll get date info when I can. Hopefully that's okay with you??
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #404
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
Keep it professional?? Ugh. Trust me I've tried. Odd how you can say what you want and when I do the same you imply I'm not being professional.

Good one!!

Anyways back on topic. I'll get date info when I can. Hopefully that's okay with you??
"you sure are something Mike...."

And you're something else.

Just get the dates "when you can". Hopefully we hear back from you soon.

Thank you.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #405
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Someone not affiliated with either should be there with a Video camera - that should make everyone behave.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #406
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
"you sure are something Mike...."

And you're something else.

Just get the dates "when you can". Hopefully we hear back from you soon.

Thank you.
He doesn't have to help you guys out, he is doing this as a favor to help the company you work for.

Honestly if i was in his position, with your sarcasm and plain lack of thoughtfulness i not only would not go to your dyno comparison which in no way benefits myself, but i would crack you over the head if i saw you. You really need to watch your mouth. Why you would act so unprofessional as a vendor to a client publicly is beyond me.

This needs to be scheduled appropriately, meaning both companies being present at the time of the dyno. Just you and another gintani hater will not cut it, even if a third party dyno is being used, as you previously tried.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #407
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaicher View Post
He doesn't have to help you guys out, he is doing this as a favor to help the company you work for.

Honestly if i was in his position, with your sarcasm and plain lack of thoughtfulness i not only would not go to your dyno comparison which in no way benefits myself, but i would crack you over the head if i saw you. You really need to watch your mouth. Why you would act so unprofessional as a vendor to a client publicly is beyond me.

This needs to be scheduled appropriately, meaning both companies being present at the time of the dyno. Just you and another gintani hater will not cut it, even if a third party dyno is being used, as you previously tried.
i completely agree. I'm glad Mike is showing his true colors in this thread. I personally do not like this situation or the things being implied about people, however Mike's poking and stabbing comments just are NOT what a vendor/company representative should do. Besides, Mike gave so much credit to how great PC is....would be nice to have that same reputation with their employees and reps as well.

Yes Mike, I will give you dates when I can.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #408
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:

Doing us a favor?

We've offered him a refund of $700, the cost of an EZFlash unit, free lunch, and no dyno cost to him. That's worth over well above $1000, so I'm not sure what doesn't benefit him and how he's doing US a favor

You sound just like the Gintani fanclub with comments like "but i would crack you over the head if i saw you". Take a step back, we're just trying to verify results that are clearly suspect. No need to get physical.

I have not acted unprofessionally but have simply tried to make sure that this test goes through to prove whats really happening behind the scenes. I'm sorry but I tell it how it is as straightforward as possible. My dyno chart isn't being called out here, James's is.

James: Do you accept the agreement that no one is to plug into your ECU port/reflash/modify or edit anything related to your DME, no unplugging, etc?

Last edited by BPMSport; 04-14-2011 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #409
m3heaven
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 E46 M3

In the beginning of this whole ordeal I was leaning towards PC's side in that they were offering such a great opportunity for the OP and the M3post community to find out the truth.

However, after reading Mike's most recent posts it makes me not want to do any business with both vendors at all. Most people care about customer service more than the quality or price of the product the majority of the time. Both companies should go back to the drawing board and focus on improving their customer service...

Mike regardless of what tune the OP has right now he was in fact one of your customers before...maybe you should treat him like one.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #410
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Actually there is some potential benefit. He gets to find out if he has what's considered to be a safe tune as far as timing is concerned (since that is specified to be tested). He also gets to see if OE is giving him the "tune/power" they claim they have sold him.

But I have to agree with the comment towards professionalism. Mike, you started off very professional in this thread. I'm sure it's frustrating in your position but from an outside point of view (which I am, I don't care which company wins as I won't buy a tune) the stress is starting to pull you into argument mode with xchosun1x which doesn't cast you in a great light. I suggest being careful with how you treat him as his cooperation is you best chance to prove your point
      04-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #411
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

My dyno. When did I become the owner of a dyno? Might want to clarify a bit better next time around.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #412
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Actually there is some potential benefit. He gets to find out if he has what's considered to be a safe tune as far as timing is concerned (since that is specified to be tested). He also gets to see if OE is giving him the "tune/power" they claim they have sold him.

But I have to agree with the comment towards professionalism. Mike, you started off very professional in this thread. I'm sure it's frustrating in your position but from an outside point of view (which I am, I don't care which company wins as I won't buy a tune) the stress is starting to pull you into argument mode with xchosun1x which doesn't cast you in a great light. I suggest being careful with how you treat him as his cooperation is you best chance to prove your point
J08M3 - I apprecaite your comments and your unbiased opinion in this matter.

I'm glad that you see how it may be frustrating to deal with this. I have done everything in my power to accomodate James in having these tests verified at our expense. Maybe I got a little too upset, but I'm human and am not perfect. The amount of time I have invested in this is the most frustrating part for me.

I am not sure what else I can do at this point. I do feel that a lot of my time was waisted and that James could have had the courtesy to return my call if he couldn't make it - or send a text/email. At this point it's water under the bridge.

When it comes to customer service, I go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that every customer is happy. This is why I offered him the refund, the ezflash, and the dyno if those results are accurate. For what is being given away I am meeting too much resistance and the difficulties in planning this is increasing my frustration.

James: Please let us know when you will be available so we may proceed with verifying the results. Thank you.

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #413
maaicher
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Doing us a favor? Are you kidding me?

We've offered him a refund of $700, the cost of an EZFlash unit, free lunch, and no dyno cost to him. That's worth over well above $1000, so I'm not sure what doesn't benefit him and how he's doing US a favor

You sound just like the Gintani fanclub with comments like "but i would crack you over the head if i saw you". Take a step back tough guy, we're just trying to verify results that are clearly suspect. I'm sure you think it's fast because they say it's fast. No need to get physical - we use our brains.

I have not acted unprofessional but have simply tried to make sure that this test goes through to prove whats really happening behind the scenes. I'm sorry but I tell it how it is as straightforward as possible, if you don't like it then don't read it. My dyno isn't being called out here, James's is.

James: Do you accept the agreement that no one is to plug into your ECU port/reflash/modify or edit anything related to your DME, no unplugging, etc?
Key words were " if i was in his position", no one is threatening you here.

And yes I am in the gintani fan club, but i have good reason to be. When i was at mfest last year a friend of mine introduced me to Matt from powerchip. I currently had an OE tune and Matt began to tell me a whole story about Jeremy being a crap tuner etc etc. He went on to say he wanted to do a tune for my car and guaranteed his tune would be better, he also went on to say he would want to "read my tune" to see what Jeremy did wrong. I just went along with it to not be rude and said we would be in touch. There was no way i would let him touch my car. A month or so later my friend had heard that i was thinking of getting a supercharger and told me that Matt was looking for one, did not matter the company so he could "read the tune" and develop his own software that he could sell for powerchip.

I know that this story has nothing to do with you Mike, but because of this I really do not trust a soul from powerchip.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #414
inandout
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4 Rings

I see why Mike can be pissed. Nothing pisses me off more than people wasting my time or cancelling an appt on me without notice.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #415
maaicher
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inandout View Post
I see why Mike can be pissed. Nothing pisses me off more than people wasting my time or cancelling an appt on me without notice.
I don't believe the date was ever agreed upon by James, it was just a suggested date by Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #416
maaicher
Captain
Rep

I don't think anything else needs to be said in this thread, a date needs to be set with both companies in attendance at a third party dyno as stated before. And Mike it would probably help to directly contact James rather than asking him a question on a forum and waiting for a response.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #417
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Key words were " if i was in his position", no one is threatening you here. Use your brain

And yes I am in the gintani fan club, but i have good reason to be. When i was at mfest last year a friend of mine introduced me to Matt from powerchip. I currently had an OE tune and Matt began to tell me a whole story about Jeremy being a crap tuner etc etc. He went on to say he wanted to do a tune for my car and guaranteed his tune would be better, he also went on to say he would want to "read my tune" to see what Jeremy did wrong. I just went along with it to not be rude and said we would be in touch. There was no way i would let him touch my car. A month or so later my friend had heard that i was thinking of getting a supercharger and told me that Matt was looking for one, did not matter the company so he could "read the tune" and develop his own software that he could sell for powerchip.

I know that this story has nothing to do with you Mike, but because of this I really do not trust a soul from powerchip.
I'm sorry you had that experience. It has nothing to do with me. I am not a regular person at the office. I go there maybe once every couple of months when I'm passing by or if there is a customer meeting me in the area. So as far as the day to day dynamics I have nothing to comment on.

I'm not sure why Matt would be looking for a supercharger tune considering he found Jeremy's reads/tunes of one or more of the GPower cars on the company laptop after he was let go.

I think that every tuner has pretty much seen every other tuners tune... It's just the way things unfold because people switch companies. We've had people switch from ESS, and Dinan to us. Alternatively the flip side is also true. I'm sure you'll find that the OE tunes are almost identical to the Powerchip ones considering their origin...

Thanks for the clairification.

Last edited by BPMSport; 04-14-2011 at 07:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #418
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't believe the date was ever agreed upon by James, it was just a suggested date by Mike
Yes, the date was previously agreed upon to take place that Friday. And I told James that I would have to make phone calls and check schedules etc to make sure that everyone else was on board for Friday. He agreed, and I told him I'd contact him later in the week as soon as I solidified the arrangements. I contacted him after I heard back from the dyno operator that it was a go, called James, and never heard a response until after Friday.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread