BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

03-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
02rusWRX
Rep
Drives: 06 Subaru Baja Turbo

$47.5K for a loaded E90 2011?

Hey everyone, hoping to join the club very soon!

I'm looking at buying an out of state 2011 E90 Jet Black/Black Novillo leather with 42K miles and the lowest I can seem to get the dealer to go is $47.5K. It's a non-CPO but has factory warranty through Feb 2015.

It's almost the perfect M3 for me being a 1-owner sedan with DCT trans, Comp Package, Premium, Convenience, folding rear seats, premium sound, moonroof ... basically the works! My only complaints are aluminium trim instead of carbon and high-ish miles for a 2011.

Blue Book on this car shows about $43-44K from a dealer, and looking through this forum, it looks like that is possible to get.

So - is $47.5K really over paying or close enough in today's market?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rusWRX View Post
Hey everyone, hoping to join the club very soon!

I'm looking at buying an out of state 2011 E90 Jet Black/Black Novillo leather with 42K miles and the lowest I can seem to get the dealer to go is $47.5K. It's a non-CPO but has factory warranty through Feb 2015.

It's almost the perfect M3 for me being a 1-owner sedan with DCT trans, Comp Package, Premium, Convenience, folding rear seats, premium sound, moonroof ... basically the works! My only complaints are aluminium trim instead of carbon and high-ish miles for a 2011.

Blue Book on this car shows about $43-44K from a dealer, and looking through this forum, it looks like that is possible to get.

So - is $47.5K really over paying or close enough in today's market?
Nope. Seems like 45-47 are the best prices people are getting.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
Datsik
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT

I got the exact same car with carbon trim and 26k miles in Alpine White for 43.5K but I paid in cash. It's a buyers market at the moment, just don't seem to desperate and show them comparable cars that are less. It took me about 6-7 months to find the exact spec'd car I wanted at a good price but it is 100% doable.
      03-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #4
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

I paid that price for a CPO car. Thats a crappy deal in my opinion.

To be honest you need to be asking why this car is not CPO. If you are buying from a dealer it should be CPO. If it is not CPO it is because they can't certify it and they are not telling you why.

If thats the case stay away.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
02rusWRX
Rep

Thanks, guys! Dealer initially told me they don't want to CPO because of the costs. I'll press on them to get a better answer.

The thing is, the one other comparable sedan I found down in TX is $46K but it doesn't have the competition package and they won't budge on price either, so I don't really have much to show this dealer to get the price down.

I only saw 1 black/black sedan locally in CO over the past month and it was in a similar price range as these ones.

Coupes are dime a dozen, but can't seem to find many black/black sedans to chose from.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #6
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Captain View Post

To be honest you need to be asking why this car is not CPO. If you are buying from a dealer it should be CPO. If it is not CPO it is because they can't certify it and they are not telling you why.

Thats a really good deal. How many miles were on your car?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:

not entirely true as not all M cars are CPO as they are expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That's just not true.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

NO way in hell that car will go for 42-43 from a dealer base on your blue book analysis.

People need to remember valuation books are just a guide whether it is balck book, red book, NADA, Kellys... All just a tool.

This car is very limited and seems to price higher than the valuation tools allow for. Also factory warranty and CPO are never considered on these programs and the money needs to be added to the value of the car.

There's only 9,xxx sedans in the WORLD; buy it. It's a fair deal and these cars are not a dime a dozen//

The car is priced to what it's worth to you
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #11
02rusWRX
Rep

If I buy this car as is, will I be able to get it CPO'ed through a local BMW dealer later? Would you all recommend CPO process or a third party warranty? Bottom line is, I don't want to own one of these without a warranty, but open to recommendations on the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I buy this car as is, will I be able to get it CPO'ed through a local BMW dealer later? Would you all recommend CPO process or a third party warranty? Bottom line is, I don't want to own one of these without a warranty, but open to recommendations on the way to go.
No you cannot just go have it CPO'd. Its sold that way or it isn't. You can get a BMW extended warranty though.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #13
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
CPO can only be done by the dealer before the car is sold upon meeting two factors:
1) there is a business case for CPO'ing the vehicle (i.e., more profit, faster sale, covering costs, etc.)
2) the vehicle meets the criteria for getting CPO'd.

If you buy your used BMW still under warranty, you won't be able to CPO it, but you will have similar options of Extended Warranty/Service plans and Extended Maintenance plans.

All these plans can be added before the OEM warranty expires.

Hope this helps & good luck.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #14
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
I don't think you can. You can just buy extended warranty from BMW dealer it is cheaper than CPO. Here in Virginia if the car is NOT CPO they wont certify it regardless if it has an issue or not. I am not sure why not all cars get CPO'ed if the lease ends or 1st owner traded it in.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
02rusWRX
Rep

Got it, thanks all! I'm having a relative check it out tomorrow and if all is well and the dealer stands by the price (no hidden fees) then I'll be making plans to fly out and pick it up this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #16
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post

Are you done posting your bullshit?

I looked into the service history in over 20 different vehicles before purchasing mine. I came across several m3's at dealers that were NOT cpo. And everyone of those non-cpo vehicles we NOT cpo because the previous owners did not get their oil service done in time.

I had more information about the vehicles than the people selling the cars themselves. There is absolutely ZERO reason to not CPO a car. BMW has a stringent set of parameters that the vehicle must pass in order to CPO.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #17
m3buckeye
will bring some beers
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots

Quote:

I looked into the service history in over 20 different vehicles before purchasing mine. I came across several m3's at dealers that were NOT cpo. And everyone of those non-cpo vehicles we NOT cpo because the previous owners did not get their oil service done in time.

I had more information about the vehicles than the people selling the cars themselves. There is absolutely ZERO reason to not CPO a car. BMW has a stringent set of parameters that the vehicle must pass in order to CPO.

lulz. this is just all wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #18
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

it was posted above, but not many M cars (due to being unique) are always CPO as much as the reg. model lines.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #19
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

BMW Dealers don't like to CPO the car due to additional costs to them. Typical costs to dealers are about $2400 and they add $3000 to the buyer's purchase price ($600 profit). It's simply do they want to put in the additional costs into the car? That's up to the dealer.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #20
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My car was 1 owner, perfect service records, super clean body, super clean interior, perfect oil changes, non-CPO.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #21
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
BMW Dealers don't like to CPO the car due to additional costs to them. Typical costs to dealers are about $2400 and they add $3000 to the buyer's purchase price ($600 profit). It's simply do they want to put in the additional costs into the car? That's up to the dealer.

Where are you getting your information from? Do you work at a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #22
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3buckeye View Post
lulz. this is just all wrong.
So dealers don't wanna CPO a car because it costs too much? When a vehicle is CPO it raises the value of the vehicle and gives assurance to the buyer that the vehicle is covered under warranty.

Only two reasons for a car not to be CPO....

1. Vehicle is already beyond the factory warranty
2. Vehicle is not eligible for CPO thru BMW.

I hope someone like GOLFRR can contribute to this thread i think he has a little more credibility.
Appreciate 0