BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #23
roycemek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Stalker,
What, if anything, are you using to bypass the EDC errors?

Thanks,
Royce M
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #24
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
sweet stalker congrats. when you get some time on them can you answer my above questions please thanks
Will do.
      10-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Hi,

At close the full soft, I'd say the ride is similar to normal EDC mode. Beyond that, it is stiffer. As far as deflection goes - it's not bad at the softer settings but when set at 5 or so for comp/reb you will have noticable deflection.

Stalker - congrats on your purchase! You're going to love it!

Thx,
BC
Thanks Barry. Im excited to get them installed.
      10-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #26
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycemek View Post
Stalker,
What, if anything, are you using to bypass the EDC errors?

Thanks,
Royce M
I knew I was going to swap the suspension, so I did not get a car with EDC.
You can use KW sensor bypass pieces, or get them cancelled with a BMW diagnostic tool like a GT1 machine I believe.
      10-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #27
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
sweet stalker congrats. when you get some time on them can you answer my above questions please thanks
I can also answer this too since I've had mine installed for a few weeks and multiple track days now.
I don't have EDC but I would say that the ride is definately firmer than stock but since it's waaay better dampened it feels almost as comfortable. The great thing about the motons is that when its on the softest settings, the overall dampening is indeed softer, but it is not floaty like other kits I've had. And at the other end of the spectrum, it is very firm but still does a great job absorbing sharp impacts (ie. rumble strips and california freeways).
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #28
roycemek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks. Interesting about the BMW GT1 diagnostic tool. I'll have to check around to see if and how to do this.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #29
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
I can also answer this too since I've had mine installed for a few weeks and multiple track days now.
I don't have EDC but I would say that the ride is definately firmer than stock but since it's waaay better dampened it feels almost as comfortable. The great thing about the motons is that when its on the softest settings, the overall dampening is indeed softer, but it is not floaty like other kits I've had. And at the other end of the spectrum, it is very firm but still does a great job absorbing sharp impacts (ie. rumble strips and california freeways).
What settings do you use on street?
Im thinking of setting rebound and compression at 2 clicks from full soft for street, or 1 click.
      10-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #30
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

thanks for this info. so the kit you have is the mid level kit from moton?? also if you use your car as a daily driver but look for the performance upgrade like most of us mod happy group here what would be the best moton kit to get??

where did you get your set up from?? any link to there site that has prices and the different set ups available??

thanks alot

H

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
What settings do you use on street?
Im thinking of setting rebound and compression at 2 clicks from full soft for street, or 1 click.
Recommended street settings from Bimmerworld are zero rebound and one compression and this is a pretty comfy setting. I've run two rebound and one compression on the street for a slightly stiffer and better controlled ride on the street.

BTW, here's the product info from Moton for those who haven't purchased the kit yet: http://www.motonsuspension.com/downl...ct%20Sheet.pdf

Thx,
BC
      10-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #32
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
thanks for this info. so the kit you have is the mid level kit from moton?? also if you use your car as a daily driver but look for the performance upgrade like most of us mod happy group here what would be the best moton kit to get??

where did you get your set up from?? any link to there site that has prices and the different set ups available??

thanks alot

H
The kit I have is the same as Barry, its the new Street Sport kit. I got lucky and got it from a friend at a good rate.
My car is my daily driver and will see about 4 or 5 track days a year.
If you are looking for Motons, Bimmerworld is the best place to get them.
      10-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #33
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Recommended street settings from Bimmerworld are zero rebound and one compression and this is a pretty comfy setting. I've run two rebound and one compression on the street for a slightly stiffer and better controlled ride on the street.

BTW, here's the product info from Moton for those who haven't purchased the kit yet: http://www.motonsuspension.com/downl...ct%20Sheet.pdf

Thx,
BC
Thanks Barry, I will give your setting a try.
What settings are you running at the track? I like a very neutral car.
      10-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #34
BarryC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Thanks Barry, I will give your setting a try.
What settings are you running at the track? I like a very neutral car.
5&5 front and 4&4 rear. Did 5 all the way around and had a push mid-turn. Just that little bit of softening in the rear fixed it. Good thing about it is you can play around and decide what you like best right?

BC
      10-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #35
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
5&5 front and 4&4 rear. Did 5 all the way around and had a push mid-turn. Just that little bit of softening in the rear fixed it. Good thing about it is you can play around and decide what you like best right?

BC
This is my first double adjustable suspension. I was running single adjustable GCs on my e46 M3.
Little nervous about tuning the suspension, trial and error I guess.