BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #23
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

I had this same issue with my V3s after about the same two year time frame. My right side LUX started producing a sporadic bulb out error. Since I was outside the 1 year warranty period, I was offered the same repair deal from LUX. I passed and just bought a set of V4s.

With my new V4s at the 5200 setting, I'm not seeing a big appearance improvement over the V3s. So, aside from having the peace of mind with the new ones, I'm not sure it was worth the extra cost.

Mods: Full Venture Shield protection kit, RPi scoops, Euro fog light switch, LUX V4, clear reflectors, OEM black chrome grilles and side gills, black hood vents, IND F10 M5 shift knob and boot
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #24
e92zero
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 BW

My V3 ran out a little over 2 yrs also. I checked it and it was the resistor pack that's not working while the leds worked perfectly. I contacted LUX and upgraded to V4s. Will see how long these last.

Any one tried rewiring the 'broken' V3 without the resistor pack and code up a lower voltage from the car and run it directly like that? It looks like the LUX resistor pack supply a 6.0V to the leds. Leds are suppose to be on/off, I wonder what's the lowest voltage that's needed to turn these leds on. Anyone know or maybe I will just test it out when the time comes? These lights are very nice but I am not sure I want to pay to repair them or upgrade to a new set every ~2 yrs.

LUX does have very good service and turn around time though.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92zero View Post
My V3 ran out a little over 2 yrs also. I checked it and it was the resistor pack that's not working while the leds worked perfectly. I contacted LUX and upgraded to V4s. Will see how long these last.

Any one tried rewiring the 'broken' V3 without the resistor pack and code up a lower voltage from the car and run it directly like that? It looks like the LUX resistor pack supply a 6.0V to the leds. Leds are suppose to be on/off, I wonder what's the lowest voltage that's needed to turn these leds on. Anyone know or maybe I will just test it out when the time comes? These lights are very nice but I am not sure I want to pay to repair them or upgrade to a new set every ~2 yrs.

LUX does have very good service and turn around time though.
Sorry again that the power supply stopped working, but at least we were able to get everything taken care of
Appreciate 0