BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135i View Post
Is this the package that goes for circa $150 US? If so, what are the advantages of this over the options that seem to be available for less than $50 US? (Yes, I've searched. And, yes, I've read through the many, many long threads that discuss and compare options. Still lost, though.)

Also, is there a "white" foglight option that's been tried and tested?

Thanks.
The RD LEDs go around...$130ish. I like them over the bulbs because they are brighter to me.

I've seen people discuss foglights for the 135 but don't believe any1 have one a good spot for them since we need space for intake and FMIC. Not too sure about the 128 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Btw our xenons are 4300k stock which has a hint of yellow in them.. I have 6000k.. and as the above post these are for the angel eyes that come yellow stock.
What bulb did you go with? I've been contemplating on swapping those too.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #24
akmana
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

are you guys having any problems with these? i bought the EFX ones and am hesitant to buy anything else cuasse they are so bad (threw a code and had to have a part replaced)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #25
Red135i
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post

I've seen people discuss foglights for the 135 but don't believe any1 have one a good spot for them since we need space for intake and FMIC. Not too sure about the 128 though.
Complete brain freeze on the foglights. Forgot we don't have them. Saw a picture in another thread (must have been a 128).
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #26
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
What bulb did you go with? I've been contemplating on swapping those too.
Xenonflo from Bimmian....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmana View Post
are you guys having any problems with these? i bought the EFX ones and am hesitant to buy anything else cuasse they are so bad (threw a code and had to have a part replaced)
Had the RD's on for more then half a year and not 1 code for those bulbs..

Quote:
Complete brain freeze on the foglights. Forgot we don't have them. Saw a picture in another thread (must have been a 128).
Must have been a 128i.. there is a thread on different led ideas...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #27
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I can sympathize with you on the EFX. I had a pair for 3 months. They started throwing codes around the 2nd or 3rd week and then finally one broke. Had to jump through some hoops to get the money back and finally got the RDs just awhile back. So far so good but was just surprised about the blueness. I was expecting the EFX color of more bright white.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #28
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I can sympathize with you on the EFX. I had a pair for 3 months. They started throwing codes around the 2nd or 3rd week and then finally one broke. Had to jump through some hoops to get the money back and finally got the RDs just awhile back. So far so good but was just surprised about the blueness. I was expecting the EFX color of more bright white.
Hey may be you should get the ones from Bimmian and if they are good for you then sell off the RD's... thats what I would do... they look the same out of the box the physical unit so its not hard to install.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #29
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey may be you should get the ones from Bimmian and if they are good for you then sell off the RD's... thats what I would do... they look the same out of the box the physical unit so its not hard to install.
are you saying they're better than the RDs?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 08:20 AM   #30
Red135i
Rep
Drives:

Anyone have advice on the best place to get an RD "kit"? The Racing Dash website doesn't seem to sell bulbs for the e82. Also, is it as simple as swapping (2?) bulbs in the headlight assembly (one on each side)? Or is there wiring and ballasts involved?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #31
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
are you saying they're better than the RDs?
I am not saying they are better.. but the color is 1 shade less blue then the RD's.. if thats the main concern.. seems like people don't like the minimal blue tint on the RD's which I am ok with... the ones from Bimmian are more of a white vs RD's which is a cool blue white..

Quote:
Anyone have advice on the best place to get an RD "kit"? The Racing Dash website doesn't seem to sell bulbs for the e82. Also, is it as simple as swapping (2?) bulbs in the headlight assembly (one on each side)? Or is there wiring and ballasts involved?
Its as simple as swapping bulbs.. just have to becareful with the clips on the inner headlight covers... (no wiring involved)

I think a few vendors sell the RD bulbs.. check the commercial sell section.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #32
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I got mine from Eric at PYSpeed. He was very helpful and was great at customer service. One of the best vendors I've dealt with. He was running a special on the RDs just awhile ago, dunno if he is still doing so. If you do deal with him, tell him Tom/Xin1120 sent ya, dunno what it'll get you but it can't hurt

The RDs have a ballast you have to deal with but no technical wiring involved. Just disconnect the old bulb and connect that wire to the ballast which connects to the RD LED. Just a word of warning though, you're going to hate the headlight covers the first few times you put them back on. Take your time and stick with it. And don't do it on a humid day or after it rains to avoid all moisture getting into the assembly...I've already had to replace a headlamp.

Quote:
I am not saying they are better.. but the color is 1 shade less blue then the RD's.. if thats the main concern.. seems like people don't like the minimal blue tint on the RD's which I am ok with... the ones from Bimmian are more of a white vs RD's which is a cool blue white..

Its as simple as swapping bulbs.. just have to becareful with the clips on the inner headlight covers... (no wiring involved)

I think a few vendors sell the RD bulbs.. check the commercial sell section.
I dunno why I'm not liking the blue. Usually I'm all about it but it doesn't seem right to me this time around. I'll stick with the RDs for a few weeks while I do some research on the Bimmian. Maybe I'll change my mind about the blue.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #33
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

are there any LEDs that are yellow?
Appreciate 0