BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

mods..

hey guys,, so i h ave been reading up and came up with a couple of mods i might want to do,, example chip(i have no idea which to go with), tints(but i dont want to get tickets =/ ) , matte black front grills, angel eye conversion and so on,, but i heard i should wait a little on the angel eye kit ?? also where should i get the matte grills from and recomendation?? help me out guys and any other ideas as well btw its an 08 aw with fox red 6mt xD
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

u should really browse through a different sub section on m3post. i know its a lot of material to go through. but no one person can help you out with what mods to put on your car cos what maybe nice to some (a loud racing exhaust for example) is ridiculous to others.

matte black grills are relatively easy to get. see the vendor section. tons of them carry it. just have to compare the pricing thats all.

angels: you can either just change the bulbs, which would cost you very little of go for one of the new LED based systems which would cost a pretty penny (usually above $250).

some other mods to consider would be wheels/tires?

as for tints, i have seen cars with 35% all around that looks great without being too dark. personally i have 50% in the front and 20% in the rear windows and back windshield... chose 50% because the cops here are quite strict on the front tints. search in the e90post section for "tints" and you'll see a range of threads with different % tints on various cars. this should help u decide what to get.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

chip for an m3 ? not sure i have never heard about it, the tint law in CAL. states that in the rear you can have any tint your heart desires and in the front it can't be lower than 35%. Black or CF grilles you can paint them your self or contact LONGTRAN or **********s.com
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
hey guys,, so i h ave been reading up and came up with a couple of mods i might want to do,, example chip(i have no idea which to go with), tints(but i dont want to get tickets =/ ) , matte black front grills, angel eye conversion and so on,, but i heard i should wait a little on the angel eye kit ?? also where should i get the matte grills from and recomendation?? help me out guys and any other ideas as well btw its an 08 aw with fox red 6mt xD
the 1st thing you should do is: Join the 6MT Club!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

lol endofanera will do ! xD

thanks for the help guys
Appreciate 0