BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

06-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #155
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
that was a good movie until they moved into the new house and called the ghostbusters. The lady in the picture was creepy though.
I dont remember them moving..its been a while since Ive seen that one though. I may have to rent it and watch it again this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #156
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
This may be a different movie, but isnt that the one where its like a twist ending where the Dad is actually a witch lady or something when he looks at himself in the mirror. Or am I way wrong?
yeah, that's the one - dad goes into a deep sleep and saves his son.

on the way back to his own body he confronts a scary old lady in a black veil.

he tells her to go away and to leave him alone so she slowly dissapears.

just before he gets back into his body from the dream, the lady must have reappeared or something.

when he wakes up, the "ghost buster" lady takes a picture of him - he gets pissed and chokes her out on the couch.

by that time, the scary old lady had already travelled through the dream and possessed the guy's body.

the wife comes back into the room and see the dead broad on the couch and freaks out - she picks up the camera, looks at the picture of her husband and the movie ends leading you to believe that the dad is about to murder the shit out of everyone there lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #157
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
yeah, that's the one - dad goes into a deep sleep and saves his son.

on the way back to his own body he confronts a scary old lady in a black veil.

he tells her to go away and to leave him alone so she slowly dissapears.

just before he gets back into his body from the dream, the lady must have reappeared or something.

when he wakes up, the "ghost buster" lady takes a picture of him - he gets pissed and chokes her out on the couch.

by that time, the scary old lady had already travelled through the dream and possessed the guy's body.

the wife comes back into the room and see the dead broad on the couch and freaks out - she picks up the camera, looks at the picture of her husband and the movie ends leading you to believe that the dad is about to murder the shit out of everyone there lol.
Ok yeah I remember it now. These movies are getting crazier and crazier. I need to stick with watching The Vow
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #158
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

after torchuring me during that movie, my wife told me that she saw my son at the bottom of the staircase.

i wanted to punch her in her V.

after watching scary movies, i typically watch Spongebob for about an hour before going to bed.....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #159
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
after torchuring me during that movie, my wife told me that she saw my son at the bottom of the staircase.

i wanted to punch her in her V.

after watching scary movies, i typically watch Spongebob for about an hour before going to bed.....
My problem is by the time I get home, cook dinner, shower, unwind and relax watching a movie . Its 11pm and thats my bedtime on weekdays. I need to lay off the ghost hunters show on travel channel and switch to disney or nick at nite.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #160
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

most of those dumb ghost shows on travel channel are borderline retarded.

scripted junk tv makes me want to stomp a fresh litter of kittens - can't stand that shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #161
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
most of those dumb ghost shows on travel channel are borderline retarded.

scripted junk tv makes me want to stomp a fresh litter of kittens - can't stand that shit.
Its the EVPs thats scare the crap out of me. lol. Other than that they really arent scary.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #162
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
See thats what makes me think she imagined it because I asked her if I went out to my car, did you hear me come back inside and she said no. But I dunno its all weird and we are girls lol. But she swears she was awake and heard me, thats why she didnt get up and investigate because she was sure it sounded like me coming down the stairs.
I've woken up before knowing that I checked the clock a few minutes prior, only to roll over and see I was dreaming. My money is on her imagining it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #163
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I've had a few incidents where i was a little freaked out but nothing like my experience i had several years ago.

5 of us in one car were headed to Jacksonville from Tampa. We didn't start driving until around 7pm. On a lonely stretch of road south of I10 we're cruising along goofing off, laughing, telling jokes and what not. There was hardly anyone on the road that night. The road we were on was a 4 lane divided highway. Sometimes there was just grass separating each set of lanes, sometimes there were trees and sometimes there was a paved section for turning left or right or making a U-turn.

As we're all in a good laugh about a joke we all stopped laughing at just about the same time. From across the grass coming from the other set of lanes was what appeared to be a cloud of steam or fog. It seemed to have it's own light source, kind of like glowing in the dark without the green hue. At first it seemed to be shaped like a blob but as it approached our vehicle it was more human sized and shaped. It headed straight for us at an angle from the other side of the road. All this happened in a matter of seconds, maybe 5 to 8 seconds. As soon as the driver realized it was going to hit us he slammed on the breaks and veered off to the right. What ever it was made a B-line straight for us and flew right over our windshield. We ended up on the right shoulder of the road all freaked out with huge eyes and neck hair standing on end. We asked each other what the heck that was even though we knew none of us would have an answer. After a few minutes we got back on the road and continued on our way.

About 13 miles up the road we saw some police lights at one of those paved sections where you could cross over to the other side of the road. As we got closer we could see a mangled up car in the trees just before the paved part. As we passed we could see a person on the paved part of the median, covered with a sheet. The last 45 min of the trip was pretty quite. I don't know why but none of us talked about it at all after that night.

Clearly we all thought it was the ghost of the person who died in the median that night. But who knows, maybe it was a white plastic back being flown by lightning bugs or something. What puzzled me was how what ever it was was taking into account our velocity because from our perspective it was always coming at us in a straight line. That's why we didn't think it would hit us until it was right on top of us. Judging from where it was and where we were going i was sure it would fly across the road way behind us. But it kept it's course, straight to our windshield.

Aside from that my dog has had me freaked out a few times.
      06-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #164
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I've had a few incidents where i was a little freaked out but nothing like my experience i had several years ago.

5 of us in one car were headed to Jacksonville from Tampa. We didn't start driving until around 7pm. On a lonely stretch of road south of I10 we're cruising along goofing off, laughing, telling jokes and what not. There was hardly anyone on the road that night. The road we were on was a 4 lane divided highway. Sometimes there was just grass separating each set of lanes, sometimes there were trees and sometimes there was a paved section for turning left or right or making a U-turn.

As we're all in a good laugh about a joke we all stopped laughing at just about the same time. From across the grass coming from the other set of lanes was what appeared to be a cloud of steam or fog. It seemed to have it's own light source, kind of like glowing in the dark without the green hue. At first it seemed to be shaped like a blob but as it approached our vehicle it was more human sized and shaped. It headed straight for us at an angle from the other side of the road. All this happened in a matter of seconds, maybe 5 to 8 seconds. As soon as the driver realized it was going to hit us he slammed on the breaks and veered off to the right. What ever it was made a B-line straight for us and flew right over our windshield. We ended up on the right shoulder of the road all freaked out with huge eyes and neck hair standing on end. We asked each other what the heck that was even though we knew none of us would have an answer. After a few minutes we got back on the road and continued on our way.

About 13 miles up the road we saw some police lights at one of those paved sections where you could cross over to the other side of the road. As we got closer we could see a mangled up car in the trees just before the paved part. As we passed we could see a person on the paved part of the median, covered with a sheet. The last 45 min of the trip was pretty quite. I don't know why but none of us talked about it at all after that night.

Clearly we all thought it was the ghost of the person who died in the median that night. But who knows, maybe it was a white plastic back being flown by lightning bugs or something. What puzzled me was how what ever it was was taking into account our velocity because from our perspective it was always coming at us in a straight line. That's why we didn't think it would hit us until it was right on top of us. Judging from where it was and where we were going i was sure it would fly across the road way behind us. But it kept it's course, straight to our windshield.

Aside from that my dog has had me freaked out a few times.
Thats actually really sad
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #165
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Ok explain this to me as it just happened.

Im upstairs in my room. Watching tv doing some online browsing. I get up and it took me all of probably 90 seconds to come back to my bed. My macbook went from battery life in the 35(ish)% to 7%. It warns me and turns red when it gets into the 20's so I know I was good on battery charge for a while. wtf.......... Im now downstairs.

Last edited by Sara; 06-07-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #166
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

your ghost was emailing some friends?

Or googling the ghost next door, trying to get some more info about him??
      06-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #167
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:

Im upstairs in my room. Watching tvmdoing some online browsing. I get up and it took me all of probably 90 seconds to come back to my bed. My macbook went from battery life in the 35(ish)% to 7%. It warns me and turns red when it gets into the 20's so I know I was good on battery charge for a while. wtf.......... Im now downstairs.
Casper just sucked the energy out of your MacBook. I'm guessing he's the ghost of a robot.
      06-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #168
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

OP, fire off a desk pop.
      06-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #169
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
your ghost was emailing some friends?

Or googling the ghost next door, trying to get some more info about him??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Casper just sucked the energy out of your MacBook. I'm guessing he's the ghost of a robot.
lol maybe he wanted to skype
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #170
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

Im upstairs in my room. Watching tv doing some online browsing. I get up and it took me all of probably 90 seconds to come back to my bed. My macbook went from battery life in the 35(ish)% to 7%. It warns me and turns red when it gets into the 20's so I know I was good on battery charge for a while. wtf.......... Im now downstairs.
How old is the Macbook? If it's a few years old, the battery may not be holding its charge as well, or it could be an issue with the SMC (system management controller). The SMC reports the battery status and should control the charging as well. There have been issues with the SMC not reporting the battery status correctly and needing to be reset. In my case, the SMC will no longer charge any battery in my Macbook even after resetting it.
      06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #171
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
How old is the Macbook? If it's a few years old, the battery may not be holding its charge as well, or it could be an issue with the SMC (system management controller). The SMC reports the battery status and should control the charging as well. There have been issues with the SMC not reporting the battery status correctly and needing to be reset. In my case, the SMC will no longer charge any battery in my Macbook even after resetting it.
Its 3 yrs old. Time for a new one.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #172
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Its 3 yrs old. Time for a new one.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
OP, fire off a desk pop.
Just did.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #173
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Quote:
Is that the one where the kid does drawings on the wall that is only visible by black light and tries to kill the parents?
I think you're talking about the movie Orphan
Where she is a crazy Russian girl who doesn't age in appearance and was adopted, but she tried seducing the dad and later killed him.

In the movie Insidious he does end up getting possessed by the witch lady. That's why he takes on its' appearance and attacks the family.

I don't know why I'm even in this thread....
      06-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #174
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Sara, are you still alive?
      06-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #175
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

She's packing up the van.......
      06-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #176
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Sara, are you still alive?
lol Im still here. Although Saturday night........
Appreciate 0