BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 GTS edition

ABS/DBC/tyre pressure light on after the exhaust modification

Hi ! Mine e92 m3 had modified the exhaust with miesterschaft GT2 and Fabspeed x-pipe (with resonater) after one month drive , the ABS/DBC/tyre pressure light had on , I went to the BMW service centre and they had change one sensor for me and they said it normal that the sensor are broke , but after I drove the car one month later the lights on again ! This is really annoying me , I don't know if it is mine exhaust system make this happen or it just the sensor broken ? But mine car had only drove one year and it still very new !

Did any body had try this situation before ? And how can I solve it ?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacofong
Hi ! Mine e92 m3 had modified the exhaust with miesterschaft GT2 and Fabspeed x-pipe (with resonater) after one month drive , the ABS/DBC/tyre pressure light had on , I went to the BMW service centre and they had change one sensor for me and they said it normal that the sensor are broke , but after I drove the car one month later the lights on again ! This is really annoying me , I don't know if it is mine exhaust system make this happen or it just the sensor broken ? But mine car had only drove one year and it still very new !

Did any body had try this situation before ? And how can I solve it ?
Anybody can answer me ?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
If the exhaust system was installed properly it won't cause any of those malfunctions (other than a CEL and Increased Emissions warning if you changed the cats).

Sounds like a sensor or something might have been damaged. Only way to really tell is to read the codes, it could be hundreds of things.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep

Oh ! My god ! It sounds very complicate!
Appreciate 0