BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #23
MStar
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOTHANE View Post
Uh, you think the Italians or Brits do a better job? This is fair game with any high perf car. You can always get a civic and stick an M badge on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #24
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Uh, you think the Italians or Brits do a better job? This is fair game with any high perf car. You can always get a civic and stick an M badge on it.
I can definitely attest to the fact that the Brits DON'T necessarily do it better. My wife's 2010 Rangie Sport has been in the shop more often than not--to the point now where we take bets on when the CEL will show up this week. No joke. Damn thing's been a nightmare.

Good luck, OP.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
So for you, it's either M3 or Civic. Can you be more extreme?

Please don't tell me you actually enjoy fixing all the problems here and there just because you drive a "high perf car".

If a "high perf car" translates to shit that requires fixing every 2 weeks, then no thank you, I'd take a good old Civic instead.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzboy76 View Post
I can definitely attest to the fact that the Brits DON'T necessarily do it better. My wife's 2010 Rangie Sport has been in the shop more often than not--to the point now where we take bets on when the CEL will show up this week. No joke. Damn thing's been a nightmare.

Good luck, OP.

I have no intention to picking up any Euro car. I am seriously researching about a GTR.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #27
MStar
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
I have no intention to picking up any Euro car. I am seriously researching about a GTR.
Those are not any better..speciality car..speciality engine..when that breaks its gonna hurt.

Honestly I am perplexed by your smearing of an entire continent's car producers..lol
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #28
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkster View Post
Those are not any better..speciality car..speciality engine..when that breaks its gonna hurt.

Honestly I am perplexed by your across the board smearing of an entire continent's car producers..lol

It's not just me. The city that I live in is full of European cars and almost all of my friends ride in some sort of Audi / Merc / Bimmer. And all of them visits dealerships for tech issues ALL THE TIME.

Call me biased, do I look like I give a flying fuck? No offense, I'm upset strictly at the situation, not at your comments.

Just wait till your M3 start having issues left and right, let's revisit this thread then.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
MStar
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It's not just me. The city that I live in is full of European cars and almost all of my friends ride in some sort of Audi / Merc / Bimmer. And all of them visits dealerships for tech issues ALL THE TIME.

Call me biased, do I look like I give a flying fuck? No offense, I'm upset strictly at the situation, not at your comments.

Just wait till your M3 start having issues left and right, let's revisit this thread then.
I came from a 335i that was constantly at the dealer with tons of issues..and sold it right out of warranty because of it..I am sypathetic to your situation but at the same time I didnt say I am never going to own another BMW again because of one car and one experience..as a matter of fact I got into an M3..and so far so good..

They're cars.. they break ...I just take it in stride..GL just the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
I'm going to the dealership again. I'm so fed up with this car. Had it for less than a year and a series of problems:

- Rear suspension squeaking (fixed)
- Brake booster vacuum pump failure (fixed)
- Front wheel bearing making noise when turning (fixed)

Now this.

I will NEVER buy a German car again. My friends Audi and Merc also take frequent trips to the shops for repair.
Maybe you should go buy a Toyota? I hear they're HOT right now
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #31
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Here we go, this is similar to what I am experiecing, except mine isn't as bad:

Ghost in the machine?
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #32
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkster View Post
I came from a 335i that was constantly at the dealer with tons of issues..and sold it right out of warranty because of it..I am sypathetic to your situation but at the same time I didnt say I am never going to own another BMW again because of one car and one experience..as a matter of fact I got into an M3..and so far so good..

They're cars.. they break ...I just take it stride..GL just the same.

That's what I feel like doing right now.

And I hate the generalize, but I've just seen far too many Euro cars being plagued by issues. For what it's worth, my friend's Q5 burned through 4 LED DRLs in 6 months. That's just 1 example.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate these issues, I am still terribly proud to own the M3. It has been my dream car since 2008, and I've accquired this car through my own effort, adding a bonus sense of accomplishment to it.

AND I love the engine-----------PENIS ERRECTING NOW

Just that I have a business to run, and really don't have the time to make trips to dealers all the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #33
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
Maybe you should go buy a Toyota? I hear they're HOT right now
Not sure if trolling

But I am seriously considering a JDM for my next car. YES I read Autoblog and am aware that every auto maker is recalling cars every single day.

It's truly disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #34
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Not sure if trolling

But I am seriously considering a JDM for my next car. YES I read Autoblog and am aware that every auto maker is recalling cars every single day.

It's not trolling - he's giving you good advice. I know you're upset but, really, it's your own fault. Think about it for a moment: you're buying cutting edge technology across all fronts - that's why it's expensive dude!

Granted, to Team Pluto's point, these cars are pretty fracking reliable given how much tech is baked into them.

But back to the main point: you're not paying top dollar for reliability! If you thought you were then you seriously fail to understand what a high performance car is. By the very definition it means "not normal". And not-normal is going to mean problems.

So that's the deal. you PAID FOR RISK. your $80 was used to buy risk and BMW is making it easier to handle by lots of testing and a warranty but it's still shiz-load of risk.

If you don't have the stomach for the risk, buy a toyota or a honda or whatever is on top of the reliability list if only as a second car to cover yourself.

I don't mess with mods that touch my primary cats or engine software because I don't have cajones for the risk. I'm real comfy with that choice.

High performance cars likely aren't for you just like mods aren't for me.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #35
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott
Quote:
Not sure if trolling

It's not trolling - he's giving you good advice. I know you're upset but, really, it's your own fault. Think about it for a moment: you're buying cutting edge technology across all fronts - that's why it's expensive dude!

Granted, to Team Pluto's point, these cars are pretty fracking reliable given how much tech is baked into them.

But back to the main point: you're not paying top dollar for reliability! If you thought you were then you seriously fail to understand what a high performance car is. By the very definition it means "not normal". And not-normal is going to mean problems.

So that's the deal. you PAID FOR RISK. your $80 was used to buy risk and BMW is making it easier to handle by lots of testing and a warranty but it's still shiz-load of risk.

If you don't have the stomach for the risk, buy a toyota or a honda or whatever is on top of the reliability list if only as a second car to cover yourself.

I don't mess with mods that touch my primary cats or engine software because I don't have cajones for the risk. I'm real comfy with that choice.

High performance cars likely aren't for you just like mods aren't for me.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
So by your theory:

1) High performance cars are prone to have issues left and right BY DEFINITION. That includes feats such as R8, C63 Black Series, ZR1 and LP560-4. Those who buy these cars should simply keep their mouths shut and suck it up if their 100K or even 200K rides break down because they combine all the cutting edge tech.

2) BMW is not to be blamed for making 335i with unreliable N54 mills, or M3 with cow bells because guess what, buyers of these machines don't care much about reliability at all whatsoever.

Are you listening to yourself?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #36
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm complaining about a legit problem. Just like many are ranting about cow bell noise or EDC errors.

Not sure why some people are getting all defensive like fanbois. YES I love my M3, but NO I'm not going to bury my head in the sand, tell myself : "because race car!!!!111!!!!" and try to justify BMW's technical fuck-ups.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #37
Sam_Fisher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I don't think you are getting fanboy responses... but I totally get that you are annoyed at the situation - I would be fucking annoyed too - no doubt. But to say to never buy a german made car again is obviously silly; remember when Toyota had all those issues, one of the worst fuck-ups in automotive history besides the Audi disaster in the late 80's.

All I'm saying is that overall the M3 is a very reliable car, probably just as reliable as the trusty 328 workhorse. If the M models were all crap nobody would buy them anymore... plenty of other great options out there.

What you have is a shitty M3 - no question. Probably a step away of being a lemon, and that happens with every car manufacture around the world with any models out there.

What you are dealing with is unacceptable, and I totally agree, that you should expect better from a $80K car. Folks that buy a $200K Ferrari will have issues, and folks that buy a $50 Lexus will have issues, and the dude that bought the $13K Kia might be lucky will never have to visit the shop, it all comes down to luck in the end.

Having said all of this, If I'd be in your shoes I'd probably be done with the M3 as well.
Well said. No Doubt I lucked out in this case too, sigh.

Good thing the car is under warranty until late 2014, I'm just going to enjoy it until then, then flip!

Thanks guys for opinions aplenty.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #38
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
So by your theory:

1) High performance cars are prone to have issues left and right BY DEFINITION.

Are you listening to yourself?
Yes but I don't have all of the added histrionics. That said, guess what? I have the idle issue!

Karma, huh?

I thought you'd like that
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #39
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you are right! What is ICV by the way?
This cracked me up. I don't know what it is but, I bet it's the problem.

Not making fun, just struck me as funny.

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
4corners
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black M3 Coupe

Garage List
My guess is you will find fault in any car you drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
M3776
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 E93 M3

My car would do this right after I would fill it up at the gas station with the engine still cold.