BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

06-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #2839
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

I wokeup in a panic to get the hell outta the market today since I never got home on time Friday and oddly enough the last 2 days I've been in the green.

I have a feeling the potential for gains right now is very little where the potential downside potential is a lot higher, maybe the small profits to be made aren't worth the risk of the larger downside.

Anybody pulling out tommorow morning or mid day?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #2840
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBmw View Post
I wokeup in a panic to get the hell outta the market today since I never got home on time Friday and oddly enough the last 2 days I've been in the green.

I have a feeling the potential for gains right now is very little where the potential downside potential is a lot higher, maybe the small profits to be made aren't worth the risk of the larger downside.

Well, for me, I have sold my short positions as of Monday after that large intraday reversal. I have since picked up my shorts again at lower prices, in small increments, as to average down slowly and as a hedge. I will be seeing if it's worth a long, because this market does have atleast some room to go up for a larger crash (potentially). Not sure which situation is working out atm so the next 2-3 days will be crucial. Either this is a ST launch pad (for that strong relief rally we needed a week ago, but that never materialized) or we crash from here. A similar thing happened last year, where the markets declined and paused for 2 weeks, then rallied until the edge of the cliff and lost 12% in 5 days. we shall see, but nimble is for sure the only strategy atm.
      06-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #2841
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBmw View Post

Well, for me, I have sold my short positions as of Monday after that large intraday reversal. I have since picked up my shorts again at lower prices, in small increments, as to average down slowly and as a hedge. I will be seeing if it's worth a long, because this market does have atleast some room to go up for a larger crash (potentially). Not sure which situation is working out atm so the next 2-3 days will be crucial. Either this is a ST launch pad (for that strong relief rally we needed a week ago, but that never materialized) or we crash from here. A similar thing happened last year, where the markets declined and paused for 2 weeks, then rallied until the edge of the cliff and lost 12% in 5 days. we shall see, but nimble is for sure the only strategy atm.
Agreed I have been playing safe day in day out and haven't been holding anything over night usually load up on options in the morning and get out in a few hours
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #2842
EvosM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: WTB E90 M3

I bought GOOG June 8 575 calls for $4.52 this morning because it seemed like it was at an intraday bottom. I was wrong and it fell and stayed at around $568 for most of the day. Damn time decay took out around $0.50 per contract by EOD too, the fact that it was stuck in a $1 range for 3 hours didn't help much either. A rally tomorrow should help me rid of them for a profit though.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #2843
EvosM3
Banned
Rep

Damn, I sold those GOOG calls at $5.60. Now they're up to $8. Fuuuu. SPY is up nicely too at 130.90.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #2844
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvosM3 View Post
Damn, I sold those GOOG calls at $5.60. Now they're up to $8. Fuuuu. SPY is up nicely too at 130.90.
thats rough lol hopefully this will cheer you up, I picked up MS calls on friday at 1.27 sold at 1.04 on monday -_- its up to 1.75 today

Just picked up some BAC puts what do you guys think?
Name:  Untitled copy.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  120.0 KB
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #2845
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

sweet getting my ass handed to me again, broke straight through its 200DMA on the hourly chart
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #2846
EvosM3
Banned
Rep

Whoa, holy shit BAC. It's up almost 9%!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #2847
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whoa, holy shit BAC. It's up almost 9%!!!!!
yup i ended up buying more puts up top and now in the green
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #2848
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
Vanity, $NYMO speaks volumes and is one indicator that cannot be excluded. I say retrace to 1300 before we fall
Rebound as I said.. $NYMO was too weak. Hit my target of 1300. I personally think we squeeze a little bit more before we drop but what do I know.. I'm still holding all my original positions taking fat losses
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #2849
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Intraday reversal and US treasury moves this week are confirming a possible ST bottom. The rebound has ran into 1310 downtrend resistance and we will need to hope for a good, and I mean GOOD, meeting with Bernanke tomorrow. Today's trading Volume is on thin ice, less than what we were seeing last Friday in the sell off. Either dead cat bounce or a ST rally that does (it's possible) have the potential to make a new high before a crash.

I added some more small positions back into shorts. Will be watching tomorrow for clues as to whether a long should be initiated.
      06-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #2850
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

I'll be staying on the sidelines until, we see a bit more of a correction. When SP500 dips down to 1150-1200, I'll consider going long.
      06-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #2851
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Intraday reversal and US treasury moves this week are confirming a possible ST bottom. The rebound has ran into 1310 downtrend resistance and we will need to hope for a good, and I mean GOOD, meeting with Bernanke tomorrow. Today's trading Volume is on thin ice, less than what we were seeing last Friday in the sell off. Either dead cat bounce or a ST rally that does (it's possible) have the potential to make a new high before a crash.

I added some more small positions back into shorts. Will be watching tomorrow for clues as to whether a long should be initiated.
I definitely think that we are on the 1st leg of the 2 legs going up. There's no question about it in my mind. We should be expecting a higher high ahead. Rally target could be around 1340 but I still think we have 50% chance of SPX making a lower low.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #2852
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

those puts made me a pretty penny
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #2853
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Full Short now. Averaged myself down by -50% on those shorts, very nice rally for me
      06-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #2854
EvosM3
Banned
Rep

Hmm, not much selling AH. Are you sure we're going to go down tomorrow? If anything, I would think we sell off a bit towards EOD tomorrow but that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #2855
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvosM3
Hmm, not much selling AH. Are you sure we're going to go down tomorrow? If anything, I would think we sell off a bit towards EOD tomorrow but that's about it.
I'm not taking any chances for the most part and playing it on a day to day basis and analyzing on a day in day out basis. Has been working quite nicely
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #2856
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I posted before that the intraday reversal on Monday was going to hit an area of 1290-1342, and today we got as high as 1328 and reversed to 1315. I'm good from these levels. Locked in my profits from shorting down to Monday, sold out, and then averaged down by -50%, so another move to 1340 (should it happen) doesn't bother me. However, I'm not going to get greedy and milk these rallies. That will put me in trouble eventually.

And good job to everyone day trading this week. Good strategy . From Monday till today, TNA returned 20% in 3 days, very nice buffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
I definitely think that we are on the 1st leg of the 2 legs going up. There's no question about it in my mind. We should be expecting a higher high ahead. Rally target could be around 1340 but I still think we have 50% chance of SPX making a lower low.
What are your thoughts of the first leg having ended, or near ended, and the markets making another large leg down before a large counter-rally follows suit (2nd leg up), then the big fireworks? The reset this week and prop-up has delayed the crash imo.

Last edited by Vanity; 06-07-2012 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #2857
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Just to give you guys an idea of what the global technical picture looks like since the respective 2012 tops for each of the following markets:

China -20%
Japan -15%
Germany -22%
France -21%
UK -14%
Brazil -28%
Italy -29%
Canada -15%
India -24%
Russia -31%
Spain -37%

Only Japan, UK, Canada, and the American markets have not been dragged into a bear-market yet. However, the rest of the world has already begun a global bear-market, as highlighted by the red and with losses crossing -20%. This signals further losses to come.
      06-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #2858
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep

I definitely think we are headed lower from here, all technical signs indicate a reversal from these few days of re-consolidation. Parabolic SAR (indicated trend reversal), Stochastic and MACD are all pointing down on the hourly chart. Everyone did not get what they wanted to here today from helicopter benny . I am sure you all saw what he had to say, so wont bother summarizing that on to the chart!

Name:  SPX.png
Views: 1212
Size:  63.6 KB

happy trading
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #2859
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisam135i View Post
I definitely think we are headed lower from here, all technical signs indicate a reversal from these few days of re-consolidation. Parabolic SAR (indicated trend reversal), Stochastic and MACD are all pointing down on the hourly chart. Everyone did not get what they wanted to here today from helicopter benny . I am sure you all saw what he had to say, so wont bother summarizing that on to the chart!

Attachment 703783

happy trading
You making more money than your professors yet?
Glad I went full short again, Japan's index is down -2% and Aus is down -1% too. After a powerful 60 handle rally on the SPX, everything is reset for another leg down. I'm thinking in the vicinity of a 50-100 sell off on the SPX. ST target anywhere from 1215-1265 from our current 1315.

Like I said before, if crash doesn't happen then we are going to rally up, and that's going to cause a much larger crash. The main body isn't even here yet because of this prop-up this week. But you can't hold back a Mama Bear.
      06-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #2860
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
What are your thoughts of the first leg having ended, or near ended, and the markets making another large leg down before a large counter-rally follows suit (2nd leg up), then the big fireworks? The reset this week and prop-up has delayed the crash imo.
The pull back today confirmed my 2 leg theory and I believe that the first up leg is now over. we may see further pull backs tomorrow but I personally believe there will be another leg up. Realize that I personally think there will be two legs up but there is definitely a possibility of a third leg up just as well. I just think that it's going to be a short term rebound and eventually we will continue back downwards. In terms of the bigger picture, I still think we will break the 06/04 lows, which in my book implies that the intermediate-term is still short.
Appreciate 0