BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

08-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
mkhydra
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 Interlagos Blue

recommendation for cosmetic installer?

Hi guys,

I am sorry, it might be an old and repetitive question.. but here it goes.

Since I don't have a private garage where I can work on my car.. I'm looking for a shop that does 'good' job with installing aftermarket parts.

I did all the easy parts, emblems, grills, air filter, and angel eyes in my shared garage but I do not want to risk doing lip and diffuser without proper tools.

For now, I'm only looking to do cosmetic ones.. front lip, diffuser, and LCI taillights. It would be better if I can get coding done at the same place for the tail light, but I can always go to other place after installing it.

I understand it is not a difficult task for experts but I'd like to get it done by someone who really cares and respects customer's favorite toy.

Thanks folks!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
You should be able to do all of that with very basic tools. Nothing fancy needed. All are definitely DIYs.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
You should be able to do all of that with very basic tools. Nothing fancy needed. All are definitely DIYs.
I agree with The Tech. But, if you still aren't comfortable with DIY, call Ill Tech in Bellevue and ask for Cody.
      08-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
mkhydra
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
true.. just that I've never done drilling in my life and I don't want my car to be the first thing I drill lol thanks tho.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
mkhydra
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3ForMe View Post
I agree with The Tech. But, if you still aren't comfortable with DIY, call Ill Tech in Bellevue and ask for Cody.
thanks man, guess that's what I will do.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkhydra View Post
thanks man, guess that's what I will do.
Ill Tech.

And, you are very welcome.
      09-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Papa_Fresh
Car Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 M3

Good Shop

I use CNC auto for my M3 CTS-V and STI, know the guys well. They do good work, talk to Joel and say Julian sent you.
I was ok with Iltech but they cost more and damaged one of my old cars and did not treat me as good as CNC, I just like how personal CNC is, they treat your car like one of their own.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #8
mkhydra
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Fresh View Post
I use CNC auto for my M3 CTS-V and STI, know the guys well. They do good work, talk to Joel and say Julian sent you.
I was ok with Iltech but they cost more and damaged one of my old cars and did not treat me as good as CNC, I just like how personal CNC is, they treat your car like one of their own.
thats good to know. I wanted a place that would treat my car like one of theirs. I will check out CNC as well thanks for the info Julian!
Appreciate 0