BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
L-Altos
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

My SES saga

I have an '08 E90. In January of 2010 SES light came on. On my way to the dealer the car went into limp mode. It turned out to be the O2 sensors and they were replaced. In November of the same year the SES came on again just as I was about to go in for the 15k service. They replaced an ignition coil and I picked up the car. The next day the SES came on again and then it went into limp mode. I bought an OBD II reader and it said I had a Bank 2 pre-cat O2 sensor out of range, and multiple misfires. Brought the car back and they opened up a PUMA case. After downloading some new software BMW Germany to help diagnose the cause it was determined that I needed new O2 sensors and both Cats replaced. Got the car back in December and all was good.

Last week the SES came back on with the Bank 2 pre-cat O2 sensor out of range again. I cleared the code, and it returned the next day and the car went into limp mode for “pending multiple misfires”.

Took the car to the dealer on Wed. and the SES was on, but limp mode was gone. I got a call from the SA later that day that BMW had instructed the service manager o replace the DME with a new one.

So that’s my story for now. I just thought I would post this for people who use the search-feature and are looking for info about problems they may be having with their cars
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Thanks for posting! Give us an update after a few months, the signal to noise ratio on this forum is way too low, need more posts like yours with real experience about real issues.
      02-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Sound like a nightmare....
      02-12-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
alpine335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

How many times do you have to have the same problem before it's considered lemon law?
      02-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Wow - sounds like you have had more than your fair share of SES's! Hope the new DME sorts out your issues. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #6
L-Altos
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

The DME had to be shipped from Germany, so I'm still waiting.

I have to say, this car has seen more trips to the dealer for SES lights than any other car Ive owned. Granted, its been mostly Chevy, Toyota, and Honda up to this point, still its a PITA to drop it off for a week at a time.

Given the amount of "issues" big and small that members of this board have had, I don't feel too bad about my problems. They havent had to take apart the engine, or do any invasive repairs at this point, so Im not complaining.

One thing for sure; I wont be keeping this car out of warranty.
Appreciate 0