BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

07-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #89
301Bimmer9
It's Playtime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leozap View Post
Crap, I have Geico and made a claim a few months ago... Gotta find a new company.
The best time to switch is right after an accident. It isn't reported in the CLUE (claims reporting) system yet and your rate will be locked in with the new company for 6-12 months.

OP, glad you got your rate lower!
      07-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #90
sourcerbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Hey Dima, Just wondering if you got your insurance already? I got a quote from my dads broker for 1900 a year full coverage 2011 m3 vert. I'm in queens the broker is in BK. Let me know if you want me to give them a shot and get a quote from them, just ask for a quote you don't got to commit. PM me for contact info... Im still new on the forum and don't know how to PM lol best of luck. BTW Dima, im going to Tentafly tommorow or thursday, you helped me save TONSSSS of cash. You the MAAN!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #91
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Geico's entire business model is built around avoiding high-risk cars and drivers. Good for investors, not for customers. I got a similar quote on a Cobra years ago. It's not that they think it's somehow competitive, they actually don't want to insure you.

Plenty other options out there.

I think mine is ~$850. A YEAR!!!
      07-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #92
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
^^^^^

IMPOSSIBLE is NOTHING

(just have to move to Cali and get it over with )
yuppieeeee
Then you can call Wawanesa I used to pay almost a 1000 a year for full coverage on one with 250 deduct. and uninsured, and liability only on the second. Additionally, I had high limits of liability, towing and rental.
Ok don't want to spoil the party
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #93
cheesy9
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Any idea approximately what a 26 y/o with no tickets/accidents in SF will pay for insurance on a new M3?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 04:55 AM   #94
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

Well it is USAA, and nobody beats them on rates. But still, Geico, that has to be a joke or the caveman at work.
In the States GEICO was MUCH cheaper than USAA for me and my wife but in Germany GEICO wouldn't even cover us. They did say that we coudl roll back into them when we go back Stateside and not lose the 20+ years of continuity so all of our old discounts will still apply.

FYI for anyone with GEICO, they give discounts for all kinds of stuff so make sure you're getting them all. A big one is being a member of a "professional organization." I'm not sure what qualifies for civilians but the Air Force Sergeants Association qualifies for AF members and I think it was something like a 10 or 15% off.

I also don't understand why everyone's getting non-renewed for these rinky dink claims. I've have MANY comp claims (no at-fault accidents) that were all near totalling the car and I never had an issue renewing. Hell, my rates went down pretty much every policy renewal. Weird.

Are you guys going through GEICO directly or an agent? For a very long time I didn't even knwo GEICO HAD agents. lol

Last edited by quality_sound; 07-26-2010 at 05:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #95
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

^^^^^^

Yeah right... hold your breath on that one. Geico is a one way street deal. When you come back from Germany, expect the same deal they have offered to me now. I also had very good relationship with Geico at a very competitive rates, I paid $230/m... so what the heck happened I had my monthly rate increased to $1131/m? I still am a stellar driver with a very clean license and no accidents at fault of my own...
Don't let Geico BS you... whatever they say and promise is probably all verbal meaningless since they always can change it around to their favor... They also promised me good rates when I come back to them, but look what happened,- $1131/m > WHY?

Geico Sucks!

Last edited by dimabimmer; 07-26-2010 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #96
formgen99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i

Wow, sure glad I have USAA!! $79/month with full coverage and $500 deduct.

Past Vehicles
2011.5 E92 M3, 2009 E93 M3, 2008 335xi, 2004 Mustang GT,....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #97
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
^^^^^^

Yeah right... hold your breath on that one. Geico is a one way street deal. When you come back from Germany, expect the same deal they have offered to me now. I also had very good relationship with Geico at a very competitive rates, I paid $230/m... so what the heck happened I had my monthly rate increased to $1131/m? I still am a stellar driver with a very clean license and no accidents at fault of my own...
Don't let Geico BS you... whatever they say and promise is probably all verbal meaningless since they always can change it around to their favour... They also promised me good rates when I come back to them, but look what happened,- $1131/m > WHY?

Geico Sucks!

All I can do is relay what they told me. Maybe they have different poicies for military and civilian or maybe the 21-year history with them was worth keeping.

I do find the increase they gave you more than absurd though. For that I'd have dropped them too. I was just looking at my USAA policy for Germany and with 7.5M Euro bodily injury, 1M Euro property damage, 50K Euro consequesntial loss, comp., collision, medical, rental, and towing, we're only paying $4400 (~$367/mo) per year for BOTH of our cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #98
chiaobaby
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
^^^^^^

Don't let Geico BS you... whatever they say and promise is probably all verbal meaningless since they always can change it around to their favour... They also promised me good rates when I come back to them, but look what happened,- $1131/m > WHY?

Geico Sucks!
if you live in the 5 bououghs Insurance will be higher . I have Geico I have 3 cars live on Long Island . My Geico policy is pretty cheap. under 2500.00 for the year full coverage on my BMW/Acura SUv/ standard on nissan.
A friend lives in Brooklyn and pays 3800.00 for full coverage on a 2002 2door civic.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #99
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

I currently am 26....paying about 1K/yr for 09 M3....with GEICO. Registered in westchester county, NY. 3 yr lease.

Not to digress from the OP's post, but in the spirit of this thread......I recently had a small incident, in which I had to put in a claim. I slipped the clutch in my driveway (steep incline), the car lurched forwad and hit my house. Needless to say, need to get new hood and bumper. No property damage and it was just me in the car in my driveway....no one else or thing was involved.

As this is the first time with putting in a claim, do you guys think GEICO will raise me on my next months premium (I pay prem's in June and December for 6 months)?? Alot of posts prior to mine are a bit disconcerting...what do you guys think? Will they really deny me the next time I need to re-up??....I have an excellent record...this one stupid incident was my only claim.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #100
xrayos
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 AW/BLK

uh, expect an increase after the 2nd claim. usually, they'll let the first one slide. how much damage is there?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #101
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayos View Post
uh, expect an increase after the 2nd claim. usually, they'll let the first one slide. how much damage is there?

yea this is the only blemish I have under them.

It was about 4K..actually got the call today from my body shop. I pay 1K deduct.

While the damage was confined to a small area....I still needed:

New hood (can't bang it out as hood is aluminum)
New Front bumper..
couple of internal parts...were slightly damaged as well (fiberglass casings)
License plate fix
few other lil odds and ends around the impact area.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0