BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

08-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Mitsu EVO X brochure leaked...is it a Mazda 3 or what?

Hey,

I know that the Mitsu EVO is a "cheap" beast, but with all the hype over the much anticipated EVO X, I think this is quite pathetic; it looks like a carbon copy of a Mazda 3 + that God-awful rear wing and other aero stuff, imho. Check it out...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #2
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I think it's going to be a monster with LOTS of potential. I can't wait for its release and anticipating the type of performance gains "tuners" will tap from it.
      08-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine4surfah View Post
I think it's going to be a monster with LOTS of potential. I can't wait for its release and anticipating the type of performance gains "tuners" will tap from it.
No doubt; just don't like the "ricer" and similar-to-Mazda 3 looks.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
Crea
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5

omg.... this car is so sweet looking... way better then the new impreza!!

but with all these new technology this thing is gonna be a pig compare to the older EVOs

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I can't believe how ugly it is, especially the front. I don't care how fast it can be...its still cheap and ugly.
      08-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I actually like the look. it's ridiculously aggressive. I must admit the rear is a bit weak and yes, mazda 3-ish. It's not for some, but there's no arguiing that it is an extremely aggresssive looking package.

And it's supposed to look "rice." It's a japanese icon, so it should probably look a bit japanese. The new GTR looks "rice" but e90post "rice" definitions as well. It's just the japanese style. At least the evo has reasons for most of it.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Love the front, hate the back.
      08-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
3000ways
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 EVO IX RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
I can't believe how ugly it is, especially the front. I don't care how fast it can be...its still cheap and ugly.
I am sorry but your 335i isn't all that attractive either. Seriously I can't think of anybody who stands around and thinks damn the 335i is such a nice looking car. Infact I prefer the look of the E46 3 series over the current look, but hey that's just my opinion and looks is in the eye of the beholder. Also why do you keep calling the EVO cheap, why because it's not as nicely built as a 335i which can cost a $10,000 more. The EVO is and has always been built for performance.

Also I think the EVO X is a better looking car than the 335i, I also think the 135i is a hella of a lot better looking too.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000ways View Post
I am sorry but your 335i isn't all that attractive either. Seriously I can't think of anybody who stands around and thinks damn the 335i is such a nice looking car. Infact I prefer the look of the E46 3 series over the current look, but hey that's just my opinion and looks is in the eye of the beholder. Also why do you keep calling the EVO cheap, why because it's not as nicely built as a 335i which can cost a $10,000 more. The EVO is and has always been built for performance.

Also I think the EVO X is a better looking car than the 335i, I also think the 135i is a hella of a lot better looking too.
Dude, I really think you're on the wrong Forum; either that, or you're just nuts (and/or you're 18 years old)!

Yes, the EVO is built for performance (and it does perform very well), but face it...it's nothing more than a fast Mitsu POS. Call me a snob; I don't care, but most would agree that a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and the BMW 335i are not in the same car class and not technically competitors per say. The BMW is a higher quality, higher luxury car...yes, the 3-series is "entry-level" luxury, but still much higher quality than that tin can with 4 wheels you think is so great.

I think cars4lyfe hit the nail on the head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
looks mean, if i was 18 again I'd buy it....well probably not..too much responsibility for a person of that age!
The EVO is typically a kid's car, like a Ford Mustang GT or "riced up" Honda Accord or Civic; as you get older and you move up in the world, you probably won't want to be driving a Mitsubishi with a 2-ft. tall rear wing spoiler.
Attached Images

Last edited by sflgator; 08-27-2007 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

that car's not about good looks or being lux in any way

it's about speed on the cheap
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
DM1
Captain
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S Paceman

Garage List
2007 Z4 3.0si  [7.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2005 Renault Megane RS  [0.00]
I like the fact that the brochure contains a lot of technical info, however, whoever designed it totally sucks, it is horrible,... as for the car,... Just like Ward says,... "speed on the cheap" not the best looking car at all, but does the job in a very good way. IMO

Follow my blog at http://dmauto.wordpress.com
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #12
Ironduck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
+1...........that is one sorry looking $35k ricer car................it looks just like a lot of the typical ricer cars on the street and they want $35k for it ..............why can't they build it to look more like the Porsche Cayman, then I may be interested.............
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Wow, why all the dissing going on? Both cars are great. If they weren't, then the sales wouldnt be what they are.

3000ways, you dont have to be a dickhead to defend your car. The Evo IX's cast iron block make a much better option for modding. The car weighs 3200lbs and is fantastic on the track. Yeah it'll lose steam above 100mph, but who cares in the states? Its a performance car. Was never intended to be about luxury.

That being said, the 335 is a car, atleast where I'm from, where women cream in their pants. It has so many more options than an Evo and pays for it a lil bit with weight. You see an Evo on the streets and it's blah, you see a 335 and it's pure sex.

Everyone had their opinions of course, but I don't think anyone here has to defend a 335 on OUR own forum.
      08-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #14
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Wow, why all the dissing going on? Both cars are great. If they weren't, then the sales wouldnt be what they are.

3000ways, you dont have to be a dickhead to defend your car. The Evo IX's cast iron block make a much better option for modding. The car weighs 3200lbs and is fantastic on the track. Yeah it'll lose steam above 100mph, but who cares in the states? Its a performance car. Was never intended to be about luxury.

That being said, the 335 is a car, atleast where I'm from, where women cream in their pants. It has so many more options than an Evo and pays for it a lil bit with weight. You see an Evo on the streets and it's blah, you see a 335 and it's pure sex.

Everyone had their opinions of course, but I don't think anyone here has to defend a 335 on OUR own forum.
+1. I originally started this thread just as an FYI, and to point out that the Evo X looks like a crazy, souped-up Mazda 3 (at least from the rear); just not my cup of tea. I never said it didn't perform well.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Looks aggressive, kind of ugly though.
      08-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #16
phantom330
Captain
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

I've always had respect for the performance of the Evo, but god is it ugly.

335>Evo, regardless of how fast you get to 60 in my book.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #17
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Hey,

I know that the Mitsu EVO is a "cheap" beast, but with all the hype over the much anticipated EVO X, I think this is quite pathetic; it looks like a carbon copy of a Mazda 3 + that God-awful rear wing and other aero stuff, imho. Check it out...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...5&pagenumber=1

I am sorry bro...but it doesn't look no where near a mazda 3....Its a class of its own bro....look out in real life, its gonna look damn good!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #18
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
I LOVE some of you guys on here .... you completely crack me up. Your so quick to throw the term "RICER" around when your not even using it correctly. "Ricer" is term coined by domestic guys for honda civics that use to put non functional parts on there car ... such as big shoping car spoliers when they maybe make 100whp. Or Neon under glow, or Altezza tail lights .... all mods that have NO REAL PERFORMANCE ENHANCING VALUE . Thats what the term RICER really means. .... its not a style off look or a personal taste ... so quite making your self look ignorant by using the term that way.

2nd .... Looks are all biased ... there are plenty of people that think Chris Bangel's designs look like dog shit ... there are plenty of people that love them. I for one think that anyone that puts a Reiger kit on their car is making it "Rice" as the kit has no wind tunnel testing and ruins the lines of the car. This is my personal opinion and because I feel that way doesn't make it right.

As for the Evo is concerned .... its by far the best performance per $ car EVER built ... this is a fact ... as an ex-evo owner I have come to appreciate the car for what it is. Its raw, its real, and its mean. For $1500 you can add over 100whp to the car and make it run low 12s in the 1/4 add some wheels and new rubber and the car will run laps around 99% of most cars on the road course. I use to laugh at BMW guys in my old car ... they where never even a challange. The guys I use to really have fun with where the Turbo Porsche guys and Radicals (a open wheel car that runs a GSXR motorcycle engine). The best part about the car is after a day of kicking ass at the track you could drive it home with out any problems ... it was my daily driver.

The new Evo X will not be as raw as the older models ... I think Mitsu is trying to make it more M3ish to help get older customers. I personally think the softness is going to make the car not as potent as its old brothers.

Comparing the Evo to the 335i is like apples and oranges .... you really cant ... the 335i is something nice and lux and is good performance while looking good and being comfortable. The Evo is all abour performance. Everything from the big ass wing to the all alum hood and fenders are functional and to help performance ... the Evo is anything but "Ricer" No heated seats? no cruse control? reason is race cars dont come with shit like this that weight them down. There is not one non-functional part on the car .... something that def can not be said about any BMW
________
Toyota Fchv Specifications
________
GRANNY SEX
________
Fuck videos
________
CUTELILNEO21
________
Live sex

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I LOVE some of you guys on here .... you completely crack me up. Your so quick to throw the term "RICER" around when your not even using it correctly. "Ricer" is term coined by domestic guys for honda civics that use to put non functional parts on there car ... such as big shoping car spoliers when they maybe make 100whp. Or Neon under glow, or Altezza tail lights .... all mods that have NO REAL PERFORMANCE ENHANCING VALUE . Thats what the term RICER really means. .... its not a style off look or a personal taste ... so quite making your self look ignorant by using the term that way.

As for the Evo is concerned .... its by far the best performance per $ car EVER built ... this is a fact ... as an ex-evo owner I have come to appreciate the car for what it is. Its raw, its real, and its mean. For $1500 you can add over 100whp to the car and make it run low 12s in the 1/4 add some wheels and new rubber and the car will run laps around 99% of most cars on the road course. I use to laugh at BMW guys in my old car ... they where never even a challange. The guys I use to really have fun with where the Turbo Porsche guys and Radicals (a open wheel car that runs a GSXR motorcycle engine). The best part about the car is after a day of kicking ass at the track you could drive it home with out any problems ... it was my daily driver.
some of us just disagree as to what a "performance mod" is, or what adds performance.

the Vette gives the evo a real good run for it's money in the speed for the money category, they're both really cheap for how fast they are
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #20
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
There is no debating performance .... if it makes it faster, stop better, turn quicker, thats enhancing performance ....

anything that just changes looks .... is not performance enhancing ....

Im not saying I dont like so called "Ricer" mods .... because I do ... if fact most of the mods on my 335i could be classified as "Ricer" by the true def. I just wish people wouldnt be so quick to throw judgment
________
ACID REFLUX ADVICE
________
tits Cams
________
Motorcycle tires
________
Buy e cigarettes
________
BabeJennyfer

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #21
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I am sorry bro...but it doesn't look no where near a mazda 3....Its a class of its own bro....look out in real life, its gonna look damn good!
Look at the two cars from the rear.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #22
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
some of us just disagree as to what a "performance mod" is, or what adds performance.

the Vette gives the evo a real good run for it's money in the speed for the money category, they're both really cheap for how fast they are
The Reg Vett isnt really compareable to the Evo ....I see them at the track all the time and they are not that competitive.... the Z06 is a super car no doubts but your in 70K+ price range .... The evo you can get into for as little as $26K (Evo RS) .... for the price of that Z06 I could have two evos in their track suits
________
Vaaapp vaporizer
________
How to roll a blunt
________
NEW RELATIONSHIP ADVICE FORUM
________
LianaXSexy
________
NEXIUM SETTLEMENT NEWS

Appreciate 0