BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #23
RichMattB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M3, e70 X5 4.8i

I think the C63 is a great choice. I just personally don't care for the way it looks and, for 70 grand, I better love every inch of the car. There's no question you'll enjoy the car especially after the substantial improvements for MY 2012.

OT - I think the E63 is one of the best looking cars I've ever seen. If I could swing it, I'd buy a new one in a second.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #24
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Nice. They have made a lot of changes to the suspension and interior for 2012. What color? Did you go with the development package? With all that torque, esp. down low without having to wind it up, it makes a great daily . Also, that engine sounds amazing.
I went Obsidian black with two tone red and black interior. I did go with the development package which gives you the LSD, upgraded red Brembo brakes, real carbon fiber interior trim and spoiler, and +30hp to 481hp. Even with all of that, it is still almost $12,000 less than my M3 was new (in Canada where Merc does not charge a huge premium for their cars over US prices like BMW does).

I actually opted for the 18" wheels as I prefer them and that is unusual for me... I'll end up after market anyway (Morr please build wheels for this car!! ). I wish BMW would put similar brakes on the M3... the C63 brakes are 6 piston calipers made, supposedly, by Brembo. They look amazing. You are right about the interior too... it is greatly improved over the 2011 models and before. One of the nicest interiors I have been in and, IMO again, better even than the RS5/S5 interior. You have to see the steering wheel in person to appreciate it... flat top and bottom with either perforated leather or Alcantara hand grips. The seats are amazing too... I have been told they are built my Recaro but that is unconfirmed. All I know is they are amazing.

The engine sounds nice but the exhaust is just insane. It is the best factory exhaust I have ever heard (IMO obviously). I had one next to my M3 and my M3 sounded like a baby next to the beast. The best part is it is quiet as the M3 under cruising, etc but is just nuts with the pedal down... it actually barks at you.

Having said all of that, the M3 is still a special car and every bit as good or better but in different ways. Also, I do believe a properly done M3 is a nicer looking car outside. Also, the M3 excels with its DCT vs. Merc's MCT, which is big improvement but still not as capable as the DCT. Also the tires... 255 rears and 235 fronts are WEAK for a car with this much power. That will be my first change.

Last edited by gthal; 10-30-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I went Obsidian black with two tone red and black interior. I did go with the development package which gives you the LSD, upgraded red Brembo brakes, real carbon fiber interior trim and spoiler, and +30hp to 481hp. Even with all of that, it is still almost $12,000 less than my M3 was new (in Canada where Merc does not charge a huge premium for their cars over US prices like BMW does).

I actually opted for the 18" wheels as I prefer them and that is unusual for me... I'll end up after market anyway (Morr please build wheels for this car!! ). I wish BMW would put similar brakes on the M3... the C63 brakes are 6 piston calipers made, supposedly, by Brembo. They look amazing. You are right about the interior too... it is greatly improved over the 2011 models and before. One of the nicest interiors I have been in and, IMO again, better even than the RS5/S5 interior. You have to see the steering wheel in person to appreciate it... flat top and bottom with either perforated leather or Alcantara hand grips. The seats are amazing too... I have been told they are built my Recaro but that is unconfirmed. All I know is they are amazing.

The engine sounds nice but the exhaust is just insane. It is the best factory exhaust I have ever heard (IMO obviously). I had one next to my M3 and my M3 sounded like a baby next to the beast. The best part is it is quiet as the M3 under cruising, etc but is just nuts with the pedal down... it actually barks at you.

Having said all of that, the M3 is still a special car and every bit as good or better but in different ways. Also, I do believe a properly done M3 is a nicer looking car outside. Also, the M3 excels with its DCT vs. Merc's MCT, which is big improvement but still not as capable as the DCT. Also the tires... 255 rears and 235 fronts are WEAK for a car with this much power. That will be my first change.
Well, I know you must be excited. Yes the interior pics I have seen are a big improvement. I like the factory 19" wheels on the clk63 black series. I think they would look great on the c63. The tire upgrade definitely makes sense. Yes I meant to say the exhaust note and not so much the engine. I'm thinking of picking one up myself vs a c63 black series . I'll wait to see it in person and get some more details on the black series.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #26
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #27
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

HotIce... MSRP for my fully loaded C63 Coupe in Canada is within a $1,000 of the US invoice you posted above. I know it doesn't matter to our brothers in the US but it astonishes me that Mercedes has essentially no Canadian premium on their cars but BMW has a HUGE premium. Makes zero sense other than to show BMW is raping Canadians.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #28
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
HotIce... MSRP for my fully loaded C63 Coupe in Canada is within a $1,000 of the US invoice you posted above. I know it doesn't matter to our brothers in the US but it astonishes me that Mercedes has essentially no Canadian premium on their cars but BMW has a HUGE premium. Makes zero sense other than to show BMW is raping Canadians.
That's just the subtotal. The next page shows it as $81,200 for Destination and other charges. A fully loaded M3 is cheaper here in the US. It's interesting though that MB doesn't have a bigger premium then BMW over in Canada. Don't forget to give us a review when your C63 AMG comes in. I'm on MBworld also.
Appreciate 0