BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

08-14-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

EAS/Macht Schnell - OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module

Hey guys I purchased this module from EAS last week and have not been able to get rid of the airbag lights and restraint warnings triggered by my oem performance seats, about close to 6 hours of trying to get it right and EAS claims its 1.5 hr job max - I had Zolti at autotalent play around with it and the fault/warning lights will not disappear using GT1 - Zolti took some pictures of the wiring and sent them to EAS and Im waiting to hear back - it's a shame that a 300 dollar product wont work, Id happily drive down to Santa Ana if only it wasn't a 3 hour drive.

Has anybody installed this product with success? These warnings are soooo annoying and compromise the functionality of the idrive. Here's a link to the product, supposedly just came out, am I the first to try to make this work? Any help/advice is more than welcome. Thanks guys.....

http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=2330

*edit* oops posted in the wrong place sorry, mods can you please move my post, thank you...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #2
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
Hey guys I purchased this module from EAS last week and have not been able to get rid of the airbag lights and restraint warnings triggered by my oem performance seats, about close to 6 hours of trying to get it right and EAS claims its 1.5 hr job max - I had Zolti at autotalent play around with it and the fault/warning lights will not disappear using GT1 - Zolti took some pictures of the wiring and sent them to EAS and Im waiting to hear back - it's a shame that a 300 dollar product wont work, Id happily drive down to Santa Ana if only it wasn't a 3 hour drive.

Has anybody installed this product with success? These warnings are soooo annoying and compromise the functionality of the idrive. Here's a link to the product, supposedly just came out, am I the first to try to make this work? Any help/advice is more than welcome. Thanks guys.....

*edit* oops posted in the wrong place sorry, mods can you please move my post, thank you...
3 hours to get from LA to Santa Ana? haha you drive really slow?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:

PM Tom@EAS directly (or call 714-369-8524), and I'm sure he will work with you to resolve this issue asap.
      08-14-2009, 01:57 AM   #4
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
3 hours to get from LA to Santa Ana? haha you drive really slow?
3 hours round trip. thanks for the constructive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
PM Tom@EAS directly (or call 714-369-8524), and I'm sure he will work with you to resolve this issue asap.
thanks man I plan to get on that tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Why the obvious has to be the last resort?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Why the obvious has to be the last resort?
getting in touch with tom wasn't obvious - the guys at eas claimed it was a simple 1.5 hour install - and zolti/sam at autotalent were confident they could get it done and Ive been going to them for years to have work done on my m3's....
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:

Posted in your other thread as well.

We've got quite of a few of these out there, the first two were developed using my e92 M3 and Steve's 135 which both have Recaro PPs.

BTW - I have not seen those pictures from Zolti to verify the connections are correct, the message was relayed to him again yesterday and tightie just in case (since he's a friend of yours). If you can get a copy of them, please forward them to me (email is in my signature) so I can compare with my setup.

Even if there isn't a solution, we can always have the OC3 coded out - but this requires a trip to our facility.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
getting in touch with tom wasn't obvious - the guys at eas claimed it was a simple 1.5 hour install - and zolti/sam at autotalent were confident they could get it done and Ive been going to them for years to have work done on my m3's....
The intention is not to argue, is the fact that you bought it from him and he should be the first one to know about any issues before somebody else mess with it.

Try to pull something like that at a dealer for warranty work and you will know what I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The intention is not to argue, is the fact that you bought it from him and he should be the first one to know about any issues before somebody else mess with it.

Try to pull something like that at a dealer for warranty work and you will know what I'm talking about.
The product is made by Macht Schnell not EAS....pull something like what? Sorry I still don't know what you're talking about
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
The product is made by Macht Schnell not EAS....pull something like what? Sorry I still don't know what you're talking about
But EAS sold it to you, correct? So if it is defective or not funcional EAS should be the one dealing with it over anybody else, correct? If you take it somewhere else, other than the original vendor or to an unauthorized dealer for diagnostics/repair, and for some reason it gets tampered with in a way that it is obvious and still does not work, would you still expect EAS to solve this issue for you?

That's my point. If you do not expect EAS do fix this then, of course, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Getting back on track - I've taken a look at the pictures and emailed Zolti a solution earlier this afternoon, I have not heard a reply as of yet.

If you can reply that the issue was solved, it would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
A47
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Did this problem get resolved?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #13
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterzM View Post
macht schnell is eas............
While it would be great, we are not the same. However, we are proud to offer the entire MS lineup and have vast firsthand knowledge of the vehicles we work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A47 View Post
Did this problem get resolved?
I have not yet heard from the OP or his technician.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #14
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterzM View Post
Do we really want to go down this path?? MS is a line that you guys came up with and branded. Be honest and this will just go away.
There's no reason to, since it's not the point of this thread.

We'll know the end result when Socale92 or his technician updates the thread.

Appreciate 0