BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-01-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Talking Best Way To Make Gold In WOW?

what is the best way to make alot of g in wow? ive been working the AH with leatherworking but people are seriously undercutting me and i need a new strat. so what are your strats on AH & profession?
      06-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Run instances and auction off the BoE's that you don't need. Obviously, higher level instances potentially yield higher payoffs, but, sometimes you'll find that rare drop in a lower level instance that sells for a lot because a twink player really wants it.

Unless you get something super rare, you'll always get undercut (example, I sold Wall of the Dead (shield) for over 270G (it was close to 300 but I don't remember the exact amount).

Griding and completing quests are also decent ways of making money, as quest rewards usually give money or items you can sell for money (or use).

Trying to make money off of a profession is difficult but:
Depending on your server, things like "tailoring" "Lovely Black Dress," can sell for a lot.

It's possible to make a decent amount with enchanting, but leveling your enchant skill is difficult in its own right past 300 (mats are expensive, both buying from AH or disenchanting all the gear that you loot to attain mats). You'll probably spend more money trying to level this skill than make money until a certain point. Many noobs are willing to pay enchanters money just to make their weapons glow regardless of keeping the weapon or trying to twink.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Or you can do alot of dailies once you hit level 80.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
james426
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 323i Sedan

Wow I miss that game lol.... anyway yeah dailies imo were teh way to go....AND you would get rep with whatever faction to boot!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
///M Pow3r
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

You can also use an auction house mod that helps you find underpriced things to resell them. I don't use it myself because I find it tedious but I have some friends who make a ton of money doing that.
      06-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #6
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Is this the game that allows you to convert the e-goods into real currency?

As in, USDollars, GBP, and EUR?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Pow3r View Post
You can also use an auction house mod that helps you find underpriced things to resell them. I don't use it myself because I find it tedious but I have some friends who make a ton of money doing that.
Yeah, my friend has over 50G from this in about a week and he's still level 20. You can make quite a bit of money doing this and it's not THAT tedious. It's just when your bags get full, sell the junk, auction the greens/blues/purples that are BoE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Is this the game that allows you to convert the e-goods into real currency?

As in, USDollars, GBP, and EUR?
No.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
doveer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: PLAID EZ

I used to play a lot, made a lot of money using an addon called "Auctioneer"

Not sure if its around anymore, it is very simple to use and quick to make me some money.

Long Live The Fury Warrior
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
If you want to make quick money your best bet is Herbalism and Mining. Both herbs and ores/metals will always be in high demand and they are generally something you can pick up while doing dailies.

Speaking of which, pick a faction you still need rep with and keep doing dailies for them. The new Argent Tournament can net you a bunch of cash once you reach a certain status with them, not to mention faction with Horde/Alliance cities. Even just 10-15 dailies a day can easily be 1k gold per week, plus whatever you pick up along the way.

If you don;t have your loremaster achievements, remember that every quest is generally going to net you 10g or more (for Northrend and Outland, at level 80) so if you still need 200 quests in Northrend and Outland... you do the math.

If you want to make a ton of cash gathereing with mining and herbalism, pick up mod called "gatherer" and it'll plot the locations of mining and herbalism nodes for you, so you can fly around and just pick stuff up. If I'm strapped for cash I'll generally wake up an hour early and just fly around gathering stuff. You can make a decent bit of cash, especially when the DMF is in town and people want their DMF cards, which takes inscription, which takes herbs. Oh, and you can download a wowhead database package for gatherer, which already plots the locations for you. It doesnt guarentee something will be there, but if you keep flying around the nodes you'll eventually find it had spawned.

Enchanting, Inscription and Jewelcrafting CAN have big payouts, but it takes a lot of effort (and cash) to level up. Herbalism and mining can both be brought up from 1-450 in a day if you can map out a nice route.

I quit hardcore raiding just a few weeks ago and make over 6k just selling consumables and materials that I gathered for raididng. Making gold is easy, it just takes a little bit of effort.
Appreciate 0