BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #67
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

Saw it over the weekend and the fucking kid next to me totally ruined it for me!!!! He smelled like a homeless drunk with his pants down half way to his knees. He was on his cellphone twice complaining to his friend on the other end of the call how the reception sucks in the theater and that the movie is too loud so he can't hear him. He was talking to his pals next to him and was giggling like a little bitch. During the second hour of the movie, he was complaining the whole time about how long the movie is lasting. I wanted to say something to him but didn't want to create a scene with my gf and sister there. I'm still pissed about it.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #68
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

well I saw it. in short: story-meh, acting-meh, visually-beautiful
      12-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #69
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

sickk mmovie!! saw it in 3d.. wonder how good the imax 3d iss..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #70
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
Saw it over the weekend and the fucking kid next to me totally ruined it for me!!!! He smelled like a homeless drunk with his pants down half way to his knees. He was on his cellphone twice complaining to his friend on the other end of the call how the reception sucks in the theater and that the movie is too loud so he can't hear him. He was talking to his pals next to him and was giggling like a little bitch. During the second hour of the movie, he was complaining the whole time about how long the movie is lasting. I wanted to say something to him but didn't want to create a scene with my gf and sister there. I'm still pissed about it.
I had a similar experience. Though the movie wasn't ruined, it definately annoyed me quite a bit. I had a little girl next to me that smelled of bread'n'butter pickles. I mean strong pickle smell, like it was in her hair.
      12-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #71
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Well, I've now seen it twice, both times in 3D, and it's in my top three of all time along with the Matrix and Star Wars. I am apparently not evolved enough to worry about the similarities to Dances with Wolves or immature enough to make Smurf comparisons. I am an admitted SciFi fan, maybe even fanboi and I loved this movie, despite the political undertones and some cheesyness. My final opinion is that if you don't like this movie, you don't like fun and have no innate ability to dream The talk about deep plots and story lines doesn't hold up because there clearly is one. Also, most screenplays sacrifice some of the back story to time constraints, so what gets taken out is left to the viewers imagination. We'll see how it does over time, but I'll bet it's a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #72
ukthunderace
Autobahn Cruiser
Germany
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Tief Gruen

I saw it last night in 3D, but not on IMAX...I will be going back to see it on the IMAX. It was probably the most entertaining movie I have ever seen. Easily at the Matrix level.

For those who are so concerned about the political undertone, get over it. This story can be applied across the centuries to many many civilizations. It is more of a commentary on the human condition than it is on a specific historical clash.

Put aside "your" party's political slant for a couple of hours...you might actually enjoy yourself!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #73
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

the movie totally gave me flashbacks when i was in nam. while i was vacationing there a few years ago and i was watching the last samurai. lot of similarities.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #74
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

I guess I will need to see it in 2d. ThreeD images seemed excessively darker and really lost of color. Felt it even made the imagines seem slightly out of focus.

Thought the plot had elements of Dances with wolves/Terminator/RoboCop and Matrix... I guess thats just the nature of hollywood plots now.

Kind of a strong ^World/universe cop message there.

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #75
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
OH man... one of my biggest pet peeves. I can't even count how many people I've bounced out of theaters over the years for this type of shit.

I'm sure it helps that I'm 6'3" and weigh about 250lbs, but I absolutely cannot stand this type of egotistical/self-centered BS that is nothing but a pure result of horrible upbringing.

I've lived all over... Midwest/NY/LA/Back to Midwest. I'd have to say that it was the worst in NY (in general) and followed by a close second is any college town/affluent suburbia where parents let there kids run rampant. These days I typically go to movies at 10-11PM to weed out all of the people are are just "killing time."

I've got IMAX 3D tickets for this weekend.... can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #76
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Going to the movies tonight!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #77
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Already passed the $1billion mark world wide.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:47 AM   #78
doc1911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking

No doubt it was a great movie when it comes down to the computer and cinimatic effects. I'm a little surprise no one has mentioned the messages in the movie. It is overtly anti-war, specifically anti Iraq and Afghanistan Wars and pro-environmentalism. I fully expected Al Gore, Michael Moore and Code Pink to be the producers
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #79
SteveMD
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 535i MSport

Ok, seen it in 2D, regular 3D and IMAX. Don't bother with the regular 3D. The difference between 3D and IMAX is like an old 19" television in your Mom's kitchen and a 65" HD Plasma showing a Blu Ray movie.

The IMAX uses a different 3D system using two projectors. The regular 3D uses a single projector. I found that in the regular 3D version, images on the edges of the screen were not that focused and as a whole, the 3D was not as 'deep'.

The sound is also so much better.

IMAX all the way. And again, the glasses are clear - not the old school red and blue cardboard things from the 70s.
2016 F10 535i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #80
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

severly over rated
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #81
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808six View Post
severly over rated
Yeah by about $1 billion in revenue.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #82
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Yeah by about $1 billion in revenue.
Hey now, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if they are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #83
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808six View Post
severly over rated
Definitely one of those people who say, "I don't like Sci-Fi movies". Or perhaps the best one of all, "Star Wars is a terrible movie". After this movie is out of theaters, James Cameron will hold down the #1 and #2 spots for top grossing movies of all time. Just so happens they were also the last 2 movies he has made. But you're probably right, 1 billion dollars in 3 weeks is a sure sign of an over rated movie...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #84
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Hey now, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if they are wrong
Oh for sure. I had no problem with that- I'm just saying.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #85
Stanky19
Friends don't let friends early apex!
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Turbo Schnitzel"

Garage List
2007 E92 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
"the first rule about fight club.........."
      01-06-2010, 01:27 AM   #86
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanky19 View Post
"the first rule about fight club.........."
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 01:37 AM   #87
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
You actually put up with the shit for most of the movie? I turn around and say something to the person behind me when they kick my chair, talk, or put their feet on my chair and wiggle their leg. Of course there's a "please" thrown in there, but th intonation is also there so they get the message.

Little boy on his phone next to me talking during the movie would have gotten a few "choice" words from me at the very minimum.

No way some inconsiderate idiot is ruining the movie for me
      01-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #88
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

the movie was awsome, but this stup1d family ruin it for us too. the husband and wife in their low 40 put their feet up in our seat head rest. wtf, that annoyed the hell out of my son and my wife. I told them to put it down and they did. but after 2 mins, they did it again. This kept going on and on. I almost punch in their face, but held off and ignored them since I didn't want to miss the movie.

wtf is with these people. no manner whatsoever.

what would you guys do in similar situation?

Keep in mind I was very polite and asked them "can you please put your feet down? thanks". It seemed they have some sort of memory lost IMO.
Appreciate 0