BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #67
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
now you're backtracking. you'd make a perfect presidential candidate. incoherent arguments, waffling, and failing to see the obvious. but i am speculating that you aren't even of voting age.
this doesn't help... we are having an discussion, and you're poking at people rather then adding to the discussion.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #68
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
now you're backtracking. you'd make a perfect presidential candidate. incoherent arguments, waffling, and failing to see the obvious. but i am speculating that you aren't even of voting age.
Im 21, I own my own business and have a degree in business from the University of Washington, I have supported myself since I was 16.

If you wish to measure dicks.

Back on track, I backtracked to stop all the law enforcement blowhards from continuing a pointless conversation. Agree to Disagree, I don't mind stepping back because I don't have to puff up my chest.

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 01-24-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #69
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Im 21, I own my own business and have a degree in business from the University of Washington, I have supported myself since I was 16.
another laptop CEO
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #70
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Saw the video..cops gave him a chance to drop it,.he didnt then started moving towards the cop and gesturing with the weapon like he was gonna swing..good nite sweet prince.

I'd have shot him in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #71
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
this doesn't help... we are having an discussion, and you're poking at people rather then adding to the discussion.
sorry...you're right. my apologies. this just isn't the first time i've engaged this individual, and both times it's literally been beating my head against the keyboard because there was a clear void of common sense.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #72
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Here's an idea...Don't charge at a cop with a weapon and you won't get shot. Simple as that.

/thread
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #73
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
What is this, I don't even...?

If lethal force is necessary, you don't shoot for the kneecap like a moron. You shoot center of mass, always. As was said before, stray bullets are bad, and you're going to have a lot of them when you are trying to be Bruce Willis shooting for the knees and constantly missing.

I've been deployed twice, trained with both rifles and pistols. Luckily I haven't had to use lethal force personally, but where do they train us to shoot? Center of mass... Whether it's an automatic rifle or a pistol, it's center of mass...

Just come out and admit it. You hate cops. That's all it really boils down to. You have some personal vendetta against all cops and anything they do is abuse of power.

That's always the case in all of these "cops abuse someone lol" threads. Someone posts a video or something to start some shit, and people jump all over the place.

Not saying some cops aren't total jerkoffs, because they are definitely out there...
      01-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #74
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Damn, dude just ripped the tasers off his face...monster

I'd shot him too if he was coming at me with a blunt object, I wouldn't empty the magazine on him though...shooting was justified, 10x was a bit excessive

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #75
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
good riddance
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #76
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

definitely made his own bed and layed in it...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #77
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Look, I'm of African American descent, have had numerous negative racial profiling situations with cops (black guy in an M3) and have an unfavorable opinion about MOST not all cops.

With that being said, I can still say most of us may fail to note that the cops have to live with knowing they killed someone regardless of whether or not it was ethically or morally sound. This may have been running through the cops head all night losing sleep.

-Just a thought
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #78
fatgrandma
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

I think that the cop overreacted like 7 shots. Should be sent on a looooooooooooong holiday and not come back to duty.

I find it quite disturbing how these guys in the movie a laughting, and how some users don't give a shit obout someone being killed. You say that the "anti-cop-fraction" watches too much TV? Well, I think that you do. How can you see somebody being KILLED on camera and say "he was a crazy man, he deserves it". Thats just wrong.

But thats just my opinion. Don't want to start a fight here.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #79
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgrandma View Post
I think that the cop overreacted like 7 shots. Should be sent on a looooooooooooong holiday and not come back to duty.

I find it quite disturbing how these guys in the movie a laughting, and how some users don't give a shit obout someone being killed. You say that the "anti-cop-fraction" watches too much TV? Well, I think that you do. How can you see somebody being KILLED on camera and say "he was a crazy man, he deserves it". Thats just wrong.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #80
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Fuckin hate piggies

That being said, how can anyone even begin to say what the cops did was wrong? First, the guy got tased to the face, and acted like it was nothing, meaning he was most likely on meth. So even if the cop did try to shoot him in the leg, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care to much about that ethier. Also, cops are trained to shoot center mass and to kill. The cop isn't going to try and aim downwards to hit the guys leg or foot, only for it to hit the ground and reocet (sp?) and get buddy behind him in the face. Also, the shoulder is sooooo much better right, that fact that he might miss or the bullet go through and hit lil suzzy on the other side, all to try and save a fiendish THAT WAS ON HIS WAY TO HITTING THE PATNER WITH AN AXE. Yes, what the cop did was sooo wrong and should be sentenced to death along with his family .....idiots

Last edited by Blayne; 01-24-2012 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:

I am trying to understand the overreaction stance... I will say again. Place your brother/father/sister/mother in a police uniform and have that perp running at them while brandishing that weapon. Now tell me if you would choose to shoot him once or twice or FOLLOW YOUR TRAINING and unload your clip. Once you fire your weapon, you are doing it to kill your target. Not maim, hurt or otherwise detain him. Firing your weapon is normally your final option and once you fire you intend to kill.

No one is taking this lightly. But, it is obvious to me that most people here chastising the police officers decision are involuntarily under-valuing the life of the officer (would be victim) and over-valuing the life of the perp due to his life having been taken. It is easy to do this because of the sadness you feel for this man's loss of life.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #82
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
If the perp swung that object at the cop and killed him, the same people would all be saying "WHY DIDN'T THE OTHER COPS SHOOT HIM!??!?!?"

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #83
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:

i think this is just the opinion of someone who has little social experience with assorted members of our race. Like an innocent 5 year old.

He was on Meth, the taser wouldn't even make him budge. Being on drugs like that can make for some serious "WTF, how did he do that?" moments. He wasn't thinking clearly, rationally, and had a deadly weapon in his hands.

He was a meth head, threatening an officer. He stuck his hand near the shark, and the shark ate it.

edit: I don't see a source for the meth theory, so I may have inadequate info.

Last edited by CollinsE90; 01-24-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #84
fatgrandma
Captain
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I am trying to understand the overreaction stance... I will say again. Place your brother/father/sister/mother in a police uniform and have that perp running at them while brandishing that weapon. Now tell me if you would choose to shoot him once or twice or FOLLOW YOUR TRAINING and unload your clip. Once you fire your weapon, you are doing it to kill your target. Not maim, hurt or otherwise detain him. Firing your weapon is normally your final option and once you fire you intend to kill.

No one is taking this lightly. But, it is obvious to me that most people here chastising the police officers decision are involuntarily under-valuing the life of the officer (would be victim) and over-valuing the life of the perp due to his life having been taken. It is easy to do this because of the sadness you feel for this man's loss of life.
Like I said before it was just my opinion. But I think you should imagine your brother/father/sister/mother/child or even dog being shot five more times after being probably dead or almost dead already. I understand that the officer is under pressure, but who else - if not an officer - should be trained to keep calm under pressure. I don't have a clue how it is to be a police officer but thats not the point. The point is, that the people who filmed this and some people on this forum have too little respect of a mans life - no matter if on meth or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #85
fatgrandma
Captain
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i think this is just the opinion of someone who has little social experience with assorted members of our race. Like an innocent 5 year old.

He was on Meth, the taser wouldn't even make him budge. Being on drugs like that can make for some serious "WTF, how did he do that?" moments. He wasn't thinking clearly, rationally, and had a deadly weapon in his hands.

He was a meth head, threatening an officer. He stuck his hand near the shark, and the shark ate it.

edit: I don't see a source for the meth theory, so I may have inadequate info.
Well sir, my opinion is, that court is the place where "assorted members of our race" should be judged. I had to deal with addicts at a point of my life, and I know how fucked up they can be, belive me. If it really was not possible to not kill this man - which I can't say, because I am not an officer - then at least he should not shoot his dead corpse - which I can say, because I am a human being.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #86
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Well sir, my opinion is, that court is the place where "assorted members of our race" should be judged. I had to deal with addicts at a point of my life, and I know how fucked up they can be, belive me. If it really was not possible to not kill this man - which I can't say, because I am not an officer - then at least he should not shoot his dead corpse - which I can say, because I am a human being.
How do you know he was dead? They don't go for the head. 50 cent survived 9 bullets, I bet his attempted killer thought he was being thorough too.
      01-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #87
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
It doesn't matter if it was one shot or ten shots. In the hands of a trained professional (military or law enforcement) a shot is always made with the intent to kill. So at that point, the number of shots doesn't matter.

It almost always takes more than one shot to kill someone, unless it's point blank range or a lucky shot to a few particular areas of the body/head.

People are really clinging on to the hatred of law enforcement here.....
      01-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #88
fatgrandma
Captain
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
How do you know he was dead? They don't go for the head. 50 cent survived 9 bullets, I bet his attempted killer thought he was being thorough too.
Google told me:
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,3618749.story
Appreciate 0