BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

01-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Carls Jr. Police Shooting

Might be a repost. Police are so stupid sometimes.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I never liked cops, never will..
I really dont see why they couldnt have just tasered him..and wtf why pump him with your whole clip, Im sure one to the leg would have done the trick
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
I never liked cops, never will..
I really dont see why they couldnt have just tasered him..and wtf why pump him with your whole clip, Im sure one to the leg would have done the trick
I.... don't think he's getting back up. In this particular case... I don't think the police were all that stupid. I think the guy who is now in the morgue is pretty stupid for attempting to swing (what ever that was in his hand) at an officer with a gun drawn on him.. I don't value that persons life in any way..

Lol... one to the leg. This isn't a movie.. this is real life. Grow up and stop doing dumb shit that's against the law and you will find your opinion of cops will change with time...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I.... don't think he's getting back up. In this particular case... I don't think the police were all that stupid. I think the guy who is now in the morgue is pretty stupid for attempting to swing (what ever that was in his hand) at an officer with a gun drawn on him.. I don't value that persons life in any way..

Lol... one to the leg. This isn't a movie.. this is real life. Grow up and stop doing dumb shit that's against the law and you will find your opinion of cops will change with time...

This
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep

The first cop put his gun away when he saw that all this kid had was some wooden hammer, there was no need to kill the guy.
They shot him 10 times and then they go to check on him..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Sorry, the cops where not being stupid. The guy looked as if he has a sledge hammer and and not complying and kept walking after multiple request to stop them lunged at the cop. As I deciphered the video the one cop was going for a tazer and at that time suspect lunged at that cop and his partner shot him. I would have shot him also. As the saying goes, "Play stupid games win stupid prizes"

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

am i the only one that's mad simply because the tards filming in the car didn't at least roll the windows down?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Moderately Quick

That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiS5 View Post
That cops got some real fucking issues. Tough guy with a gun, If he felt it was necessary to shoot him it could've been handled in a different way. Leg, arm, shoulder all would've sufficed without takin this guys life
Exactly
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
am i the only one that's mad simply because the tards filming in the car didn't at least roll the windows down?
I was thinking the same thing
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
Exactly
I am willing to bet both of you are under the age of 30, aren't in Law enforcement or have someone in your family/friends that is.. and most of all have never extensively fired a weapon.

I repeat for the incredibly ignorant. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING MOVIE. THIS IS REAL LIFE. YOU DO NOT RISK AIMING FOR SOMEONES EXTREMITIES WHEN SOMEONE IS OBVIOUSLY UNSTABLE. NOT EVERYONE IS BRUCE WILLIS OR MEL GIBSON...

K?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
I am not sure how much you have shot guns but, or what guns the cops are carrying but I have a 40 cal sub compact Glock. It is very very hard to be that accurate with a handgun. Under a stressful situation like that I would give a very low probability of my self shooting some one in the leg from 20 feet in a split second, I would aim for their body mass and shot a few times.

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
i'm sorry, but the old adage never fail....play stupid games, win stupid prizes. this guy wants to go around bashing in windows, threatening innocent bystanders, and bowing up to cops with a crowbar, he get exactly what he had coming. besides, cops aren't trained to shoot to maim. if they deem it necessary to use DEADLY force, that's exactly what they do. i saw nothing in the video that suggests the cop acted out of line. if i was a cop and some crazy guy was coming at me with any sort of blunt object with the intent to do harm, i probably would have unloaded on him, too. there are too many intangibles if you were to use less lethal weapons on him. who's to say a tazer would have stopped him from swinging? pepper spray only made him more angry.

edit: oh he did get tazered! didn't stop him at all. he won the ultimate stupid prize for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Please revisit 0:44 into the video... Now, imagine that is your family member that is about to get hit with that weapon by this guy... and then tell me what should have been done... By the way, this asshole got tasered in the face and ripped them out and kept going.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I am willing to bet both of you are under the age of 30, aren't in Law enforcement or have someone in your family/friends that is.. and most of all have never extensively fired a weapon.

I repeat for the incredibly ignorant. THIS IS NOT A FUCKING MOVIE. THIS IS REAL LIFE. YOU DO NOT RISK AIMING FOR SOMEONES EXTREMITIES WHEN SOMEONE IS OBVIOUSLY UNSTABLE. NOT EVERYONE IS BRUCE WILLIS OR MEL GIBSON...

K?
Ya I'm under 30 and I have more sense than both these retards filmed in this video. I have a few friends in the NYPD and one friend who just got home from his second tour in Iraq. A little ass hammer isn't life threatening when the guy isn't even within swinging distance yet, from what I can see. I respect most cops and most of the time I side with them, but this video displays pure stupidity. There was enough time and man power to approach the situation differently. Are you that ignorant that you dont see that? This isn't a movie so if you fuck with a cop you die. Damn right this isn't a fucking movie and this cop should have his badge taken away as its clear by him emptying his clip into a human who is clearly on the floor, he was just trigger hungry. The guy was holding a hammer...if you think that many shots are required to subdue him then you're just as sick as that cop.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I think personally they could have used a taser or rubber bullets on this guy, I don't feel the cops were in "life or death" situation. Yes the guy could have hit them with the club/pipe thing, but they could have moved out of the way of him.

And you can easily hit someone specifically in the leg at 10-15 feet with a pistol, these are "cops" that have to train with these weapons. Come on.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Name:  this_thread.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  60.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I think personally they could have used a taser or rubber bullets on this guy, I don't feel the cops were in "life or death" situation. Yes the guy could have hit them with the club/pipe thing, but they could have moved out of the way of him.
he was tazered at 0:37. he ripped the barbs out, then lunged at the cop. tazer was ineffective, other cop acted appropriately in defense.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
JonnyM3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarron View Post
I am not sure how much you have shot guns but, or what guns the cops are carrying but I have a 40 cal sub compact Glock. It is very very hard to be that accurate with a handgun. Under a stressful situation like that I would give a very low probability of my self shooting some one in the leg from 20 feet in a split second, I would aim for their body mass and shot a few times.
Split second? The guy wasn't running at the point the shots were fired, he wasn't lunging, he wasn't airborne. He was walking and cocked his hand back to swing plenty of time for a trained officer of the law who is standing five feet away to fire 3 shots at his arms, shoulders or legs and hit one. Not saying the guy didn't deserve some sort of reprocussion for his action, but a death sentance, IMO, wasn't justified from what I saw. Sorry to anyone who disagrees with me.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Ya I'm under 30 and I have more sense than both these retards filmed in this video. I have a few friends in the NYPD and one friend who just got home from his second tour in Iraq. A little ass hammer isn't life threatening when the guy isn't even within swinging distance yet, from what I can see. I respect most cops and most of the time I side with them, but this video displays pure stupidity. There was enough time and man power to approach the situation differently. Are you that ignorant that you dont see that? This isn't a movie so if you fuck with a cop you die. Damn right this isn't a fucking movie and this cop should have his badge taken away as its clear by him emptying his clip into a human who is clearly on the floor, he was just trigger hungry. The guy was holding a hammer...if you think that many shots are required to subdue him then you're just as sick as that cop.
Yep, I am done. You are completely disconnected from reality. You still think life is a movie. He is swinging a weapon at a police officer. They already tried using non-lethal means to subdue him and it only made him angry. What you are saying is they should "attempt" to tackle him or find some other way to control an obviously crazy person that is prepared to swing a weapon at a police officer. You pull a weapon or brandish a weapon at a police officer and ignore commands to drop the weapon, YOU GET SHOT. That's it... end of story. You don't shoot him once and hope that does the trick.. you fire and continue firing.. Show this video to your friends in the NYPD or your friend that just returned from his tours and they will say the EXACT SAME THING I am saying to you.

First lesson you are taught when you learn about fire arms is NEVER POINT THE GUN AT SOMETHING YOU DON'T INTEND TO KILL....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #21
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

did yall watch the video? the guy took a tazer straight to the face, pulled it out, kept walking... meth is a crazy drug... but yeah I agree, 9-tapping the guy to make sure was a bit excessive... the minute he turned from the cops should have been enough... the extra 4-5 to his back was definitely excessive in my opinion...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

If this would have been a Hardee's, shit would have went down different.