BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

04-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
CliffJumper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Looking for Service Advisor in SoCal between Santa Monica and Valencia

While I see a lot of "XYZ dealership sucks" it mostly refers to the sales experience. And, when there is bad service experience (like I have experienced at Santa Monica and Valencia BMW), I suspect it is very SA-specific.

SO, I am looking for a new Service Advisor (specific name is important) WHO IS LIKELY TO PROVIDE LOANER CARS, even if I didn't buy that car there. I hope to start taking my sister's 2006 330, my gf's 2008 335, and my 2009 M3 to one consistent person. The geographic area I prefer is in SoCal from Santa Monica north to Valencia.

This includes:
  • Santa Monica BMW
  • Beverly Hills BMW
  • Rusnak BMW (Thousand Oaks - a bit far, but it's a fun canyon drive :-p )
  • Bob Smith BMW
  • Center BMW (Van Nuys)
  • Century West (not preferred due to traffic & distance)
  • Valencia BMW

I have a enough horror stories, I'm looking for a POSITIVE post on an SA I can count on.

P.S. I've searched on here, and I saw one rec for Gerd @ Beverly Hills and one for Brice Carson @ Center. Does anyone else have additional good comments about these guys, or can recommend any other ones? My understanding is that BH BMW is abnormally expensive.

EDIT: Brice Carson no longer shows up on Center BMW's page of service advisors.

Last edited by CliffJumper; 04-21-2009 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Take Santa Monica off your list immediately.

I don't think Beverly Hills BMW does loaners unless you bought from them, but you may as well call and ask.

Valencia BMW is gigantic and last time I was there they had like 0 business going on. Maybe they'd hook you up in the hope you'll buy from them in the future.
      04-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
CliffJumper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Take Santa Monica off your list immediately.

I don't think Beverly Hills BMW does loaners unless you bought from them, but you may as well call and ask.

Valencia BMW is gigantic and last time I was there they had like 0 business going on. Maybe they'd hook you up in the hope you'll buy from them in the future.
Yeah, the problem with Valencia is that I need a particular SA name. It's the closest BMW dealership to my parents' house, so my sister has taken her car there a number of times when she visits. So far, they have not been so good (though they did give a loaner at least once). I need to find an SA there that's good.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Sorry to bring back an old thread.

Im looking on google for a few local dealerships that I can take my car to. What's the deal with all these dealerships getting 1/5 star with comments like "DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE", "THEY ARE IDIOTS" etc.

The ones I looked up were Pacific BMW and Beverly Hills BMW.

For those who lives near the downtown LA area, where do you take your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Every dealership gets negative ratings now and then... the only one I can tell you is consistently bad is Santa Monica, at least when it comes to service that is not under warranty.

I live like 5 minutes from Valencia BMW but I drove all the way down to Long Beach because that's where I bought my car from and they did a good job w/ my break-in service. The oil level was correct, the trans fluid was correct, etc. So to me it's worth driving 50+ miles because of the peace of mind. Plus I use it as an excuse to hit up a nice restaurant in PV or something.
      11-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
SICK BMW
09 Bmw M3 E93, 06 Ford CVPI, 90 Mustang SC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW E93 (SOLD)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffJumper View Post
While I see a lot of "XYZ dealership sucks" it mostly refers to the sales experience. And, when there is bad service experience (like I have experienced at Santa Monica and Valencia BMW), I suspect it is very SA-specific.

SO, I am looking for a new Service Advisor (specific name is important) WHO IS LIKELY TO PROVIDE LOANER CARS, even if I didn't buy that car there. I hope to start taking my sister's 2006 330, my gf's 2008 335, and my 2009 M3 to one consistent person. The geographic area I prefer is in SoCal from Santa Monica north to Valencia.

This includes:
  • Santa Monica BMW
  • Beverly Hills BMW
  • Rusnak BMW (Thousand Oaks - a bit far, but it's a fun canyon drive :-p )
  • Bob Smith BMW
  • Center BMW (Van Nuys)
  • Century West (not preferred due to traffic & distance)
  • Valencia BMW

I have a enough horror stories, I'm looking for a POSITIVE post on an SA I can count on.

P.S. I've searched on here, and I saw one rec for Gerd @ Beverly Hills and one for Brice Carson @ Center. Does anyone else have additional good comments about these guys, or can recommend any other ones? My understanding is that BH BMW is abnormally expensive.

EDIT: Brice Carson no longer shows up on Center BMW's page of service advisors.
Whatever you do stay away from center bmw!! Horrible service experiences, never top off oil when low.. Dont know what the hell there doing.. spilled minor drops of some kinda liquid on my center console of my new $81,000 M3 then claimed they dont know how it got there.. Complete idiots.. Stay Away!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
h1d
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 - BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK BMW View Post
never top off oil when low.. Dont know what the hell there doing..

I'm confused... do you mean they topped off the oil while the engine was hot?

I have had great experience as long as you go to Andre...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
SICK BMW
09 Bmw M3 E93, 06 Ford CVPI, 90 Mustang SC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW E93 (SOLD)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1d View Post
I'm confused... do you mean they topped off the oil while the engine was hot?

I have had great experience as long as you go to Andre...

No I'm saying I've gone in twice with low oil and they never top it off.. even after being told twice that they would take care of it..
Appreciate 0