BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #67
Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
how do the tips work out with e90?
They make a E90 specific model so they work out perfectly
      03-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #68
AW330
Private
Rep
Drives: IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
What do you mean by it sounding like NASCAR? DId you mean that deep rumble? I'm looking to get TP's first, and see how I like it with my ACM exhaust. If that doesn't work, I'll switch to Megan exhaust as well.
I guess the best way to describe it is really loud and aggressive but on the more unrefined/v8 raspy side. Reminds me of a more straight pipe American v8 sound rather than a European v8. Under 4,000 Rpm it sounds just like the regular ACM mod with more volume but after that the tone changes. I don't think it necessarily sounds bad, it's just not what I am looking for as far as sound goes.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #69
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW330 View Post
I guess the best way to describe it is really loud and aggressive but on the more unrefined/v8 raspy side. Reminds me of a more straight pipe American v8 sound rather than a European v8. Under 4,000 Rpm it sounds just like the regular ACM mod with more volume but after that the tone changes. I don't think it necessarily sounds bad, it's just not what I am looking for as far as sound goes.
Are you talking about the Megan? I don't find it unrefined at all. The only time I have any rasp at all, and this is very light, is when the car is cold.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #70
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1Time View Post
They make a E90 specific model so they work out perfectly
Okay good to know didn't know they had both lengths.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #71
AW330
Private
Rep
Drives: IB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997s
Are you talking about the Megan? I don't find it unrefined at all. The only time I have any rasp at all, and this is very light, is when the car is cold.
Sorry I should have clarified. I was referring to my current setup which is the ACM exhaust mod and test pipes with the above description. I thought W/// was asking how the ACM setup sounded because he was looking to do test pipes. I am however looking forward to the switch over to Megan because your previous description sounds promising. Has anyone ordered it from the website listed earlier in the thread?

http://meganracingwholesale.rpmware..../i-519943.aspx

-Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #72
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Sorry I should have clarified. I was referring to my current setup which is the ACM exhaust mod and test pipes with the above description. I thought W/// was asking how the ACM setup sounded because he was looking to do test pipes. I am however looking forward to the switch over to Megan because your previous description sounds promising. Has anyone ordered it from the website listed earlier in the thread?

-Chris
No sweat man, I think its my fault..thats what happens when I don't read all the posts.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #73
kid bootney
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 Interlagos Blue M3

Quote:

-Chris
just ordered mine from that site yesterday and spoke with a guy on the phone over there due to a small mixup. It gives you a choice to checkout through google wallet or meganracingwholesale. There really isnt a choice though, customers need to use google wallet as i was told meganracingwholesale does not process credit cards in house at this time. Waiting on shipped notification now...

track toy: S2000, Daily: 335xi, weekend toy: Ducati Monster 1100 evo
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #74
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

For those that have this, I was looking on eBay and it states it's a bolt on system. But from my understanding as I don't have my car yet is that the stock exhaust needs to be cut and the new exhaust is band clamped to the exist. Is my assumption correct of is it a true boot on system?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #75
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
For those that have this, I was looking on eBay and it states it's a bolt on system. But from my understanding as I don't have my car yet is that the stock exhaust needs to be cut and the new exhaust is band clamped to the exist. Is my assumption correct of is it a true boot on system?
Megan will bolt up directly, no cutting involved.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #76
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
Megan will bolt up directly, no cutting involved.
Correct.
      03-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #77
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
What do you mean by it sounding like NASCAR? DId you mean that deep rumble? I'm looking to get TP's first, and see how I like it with my ACM exhaust. If that doesn't work, I'll switch to Megan exhaust as well.

Congrats! IMHO, TP's are a must for this car, especially for me since SC doesn't have inspections. Seen a few videos on YT of the setup you want, sounds crazy.
I'm thinking TTP's or Macht schnell TP's are in my near future. You planing on running a tune right away?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #78
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

-Chris
Thank you Chris. Yes you answered the question correctly. I'll try TP's with ACM, just to see what it's like. It's not my daily driver, so if turns out terrible, I can park it until I get my Megan exhaust. Cheap enough to experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
I'm thinking TTP's or Macht schnell TP's are in my near future. You planing on running a tune right away?
Yea I'm going to do it right, and get TP's and tune combo. I've narrowed it down to a few tuners, just waiting until next month to pull the trigger. IMO, since we don't have state inspections, getting TPs is a no brainer.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #79
M3Carbon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid bootney
Quote:

-Chris
just ordered mine from that site yesterday and spoke with a guy on the phone over there due to a small mixup. It gives you a choice to checkout through google wallet or meganracingwholesale. There really isnt a choice though, customers need to use google wallet as i was told meganracingwholesale does not process credit cards in house at this time. Waiting on shipped notification now...
This is confusing. I ordered mine off their website on the 17th and was sent an email confirmation. However, my followup emails and phone calls have yet to be responded to. Getting a bit concerned. Anyone actually receive an exhaust from this company??

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #80
kid bootney
Private
Rep

ive been trying to follow up since tuesday as well... worst comes to worst i can just call visa and get refund no big deal.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #81
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano
screw megan, oem mod with new eas tips
Delete your primary cats. Add EAS tips. Sounds great.. Looks great.. Save money..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #82
S///TH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 18 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
Delete your primary cats. Add EAS tips. Sounds great.. Looks great.. Save money..
I rememeber reading something somewhere that with the OEM mod if you remove primary cats it sounds horrible. Do you find that not to be true?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #83
kid bootney
Private
Rep

back on topic, i got a response from meganracingwholesale.com

This ships Monday to you- will send tracking once we have it- google take
about 3 business days to pay us for the order.
Will call you Monday with the tracking number on your account- thanks eric

Thank You
Eric Rep Megan Racing Wholesale
877-771-2740 voice

support@meganracingwholesale.com

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #84
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by S///TH View Post
I rememeber reading something somewhere that with the OEM mod if you remove primary cats it sounds horrible. Do you find that not to be true?
If you delete your primary cats AND do the EAS OEM Exhaust mod, the car sounds like complete shit. It's too loud and raspy.

You either pick one or the other. I suggest primary cats because at least you are squeezing some extra power out of the car...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #85
M3Carbon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid bootney
back on topic, i got a response from meganracingwholesale.com

This ships Monday to you- will send tracking once we have it- google take
about 3 business days to pay us for the order.
Will call you Monday with the tracking number on your account- thanks eric

Thank You
Eric Rep Megan Racing Wholesale
877-771-2740 voice

support@meganracingwholesale.com
Eric also sent me an email but identified that they were out of stock and he would need to drop ship it from Megan directly. I'm a bit perturbed in the fact that I had to follow up with them on my order only to find out, like you did, that their checkout system does not work. I may ride your coat tails to see if the order actually comes through as promised before I proceed.

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #86
Matterhorn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E90 M3

So has anyone received their exhaust from these guys yet? I'm thinking about the Megan exhaust and you can't beat their price.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #87
hypnotik126
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I ordered my Megan from another website because I need E90 fitment. I ordered it 1/29/13 and I have only received two updates from them since then. One letting me know that it was back ordered and the other telling me that I should receive it mid-March. We're nearing the end of March and haven't received any more updates from them. At least they had the courtesy of not charging me until they get them back in stock. The wait continues...

Sucks...

Last edited by hypnotik126; 03-25-2013 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #88
Matterhorn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotik126
I ordered my Megan from another website because I need E90 fitment. I ordered it 1/29/13 and I have only received two updates from them since then. One letting me know that it was back ordered and the other telling me that I should receive it mid-March. We're nearing the end of March and haven't received any more updates from them. At least they had the courtesy of not charging me until they get them back in stock. The wait continues...

Sucks...
That suck man! I found it for 479.99 at redline360.com, but have never used them before so I don't know if I can trust them..
Appreciate 0