BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3cs

anyone know what i need to mount a sparco bucket seat in my car?

what mounts do i need?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwuwux3 View Post
what mounts do i need?
Very simple:

- Macht Schnell - e8x/e9x Competition Liteweight Floor Mounts for Racing Seats
- Macht Schnell - OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module

You will need to obtain Sparco side brackets and sliders. We have the other items stock, we are exclusive on Recaro seats/hardware.

We can also code out the seat errors (from removing the airbags enbedded in the stock seats) instead of purchasing the OC3 module.

We're located in Anaheim, stop by to see some setups in person.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
lukester
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

We can also code out the seat errors (from removing the airbags enbedded in the stock seats) instead of purchasing the OC3 module.
So when you code out the seat errors will the remaining airbags (driver, passanger, ...) still stay intact?
I'm looking for a solution to do a full seat conversion to Recaro Pole Positions but when using the OC3 module I'm gonna loose the side airbag which I don't want.

Further more want a solution which allows me to use 4point race harness without having an error in the dashboard and without! loosing the airbags (normally airbags don't detonate when the system "thinks" that you didn't buckle up).

Basically I want it like in a 997 GT3 RS where you have the normal seat belt as well as the race harness and can be sure that the airbags will deploy whatever belts you put on.

Any ideas how to solve it?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukester View Post
So when you code out the seat errors will the remaining airbags (driver, passanger, ...) still stay intact?
I'm looking for a solution to do a full seat conversion to Recaro Pole Positions but when using the OC3 module I'm gonna loose the side airbag which I don't want.

Further more want a solution which allows me to use 4point race harness without having an error in the dashboard and without! loosing the airbags (normally airbags don't detonate when the system "thinks" that you didn't buckle up).

Basically I want it like in a 997 GT3 RS where you have the normal seat belt as well as the race harness and can be sure that the airbags will deploy whatever belts you put on.

Any ideas how to solve it?
There are no airbags within the doors, but the "side" airbags are located within the OEM seats, these are removed when your seats are replaced with race shells.

The Macht Schnell OC3 module will disable the passenger dashboard airbag. This is done as it would be a very dangerous situation if the airbag did deploy while the passenger was not properly harnessed in. The overhead "Passenger Airbag Disabled" light on the sunroof panel will remain illuminated as a reminder.

For those local to our facility, we can properly code your M3 for Race seats and retain the passenger airbag deployment upon request.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
lukester
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
There are no airbags within the doors, but the "side" airbags are located within the OEM seats, these are removed when your seats are replaced with race shells.

The Macht Schnell OC3 module will disable the passenger dashboard airbag. This is done as it would be a very dangerous situation if the airbag did deploy while the passenger was not properly harnessed in. The overhead "Passenger Airbag Disabled" light on the sunroof panel will remain illuminated as a reminder.

For those local to our facility, we can properly code your M3 for Race seats and retain the passenger airbag deployment upon request.
Hi Tom,
thx but that doesn't really answer my questions. This topic is really critical as we're talking about working or not working airbags which can be the last thing which help you to survive a crash.

Baseline: I know we're gonna loose the side airbags by removing the stock seats. That's fine for me.
Now - you code out the failure. But will the front airbags still deploy by coding out "the missing side airbag error"? (in all cars I do know they won't as if the airbag system has an missing airbag somewhere all airbags are disabled so I have to be 100% sure that it's not only the error which your shutting down but still keep all remaining airbags active).

2nd questions.
How can the belt issue be solved?
Again - planning to install 4 point harness. But here it's the same issues. If I use my 4 point harness the system will "think" that I'm not buckled up so the airbags won't deploy!
How to solve that?

The OC3 module is in both cases not an option as it's disabling the passenger front airbag. Where's the reason for that???
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukester View Post
Hi Tom,
thx but that doesn't really answer my questions. This topic is really critical as we're talking about working or not working airbags which can be the last thing which help you to survive a crash.

Baseline: I know we're gonna loose the side airbags by removing the stock seats. That's fine for me.
Now - you code out the failure. But will the front airbags still deploy by coding out "the missing side airbag error"? (in all cars I do know they won't as if the airbag system has an missing airbag somewhere all airbags are disabled so I have to be 100% sure that it's not only the error which your shutting down but still keep all remaining airbags active).

2nd questions.
How can the belt issue be solved?
Again - planning to install 4 point harness. But here it's the same issues. If I use my 4 point harness the system will "think" that I'm not buckled up so the airbags won't deploy!
How to solve that?

The OC3 module is in both cases not an option as it's disabling the passenger front airbag. Where's the reason for that???
The Macht Schnell OC3 module will turn off the passenger dashboard airbag, all other airbags (including steering wheel) remain operational.

Coding on-site can also retain the passenger dashboard airbag. This is normally not recommended as serious injury can occur if an airbag fires off while not properly harnessed in, a primary reason the OC3 module is designed as so.

Unfortunately, the on-site coding option will not apply to you since the vehicle will need to be present for coding.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
AveryBrandon
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 silver stone 2

Quote:
Very simple:

- Macht Schnell - e8x/e9x Competition Liteweight Floor Mounts for Racing Seats
- Macht Schnell - OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module

You will need to obtain Sparco side brackets and sliders. We have the other items stock, we are exclusive on Recaro seats/hardware.

We're located in Anaheim, stop by to see some setups in person.
What about the seat belt if not getting harness yet
Appreciate 0