BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
XeroZeus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

A multitude of questions from a new 2010 M3 owner

2010 E92 Black M3 with Fox Red Interior

Questions:

What are the main websites for purchasing items for your M3?

What are common mods that people do initially? (as far as aesthetically or intakes )

Are there any strong strategies for negotiating an extended warranty?

Are there any neat features to tell a new 2010 owner? I plan on going through the manual - but have not got a chance to do so as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Wow.. a lot of different questions for one post..do yourself a favor and

You will find most of the info you are looking for
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post

Exactly ... What he said .... ^^^^ .... Give it a try.

Re: Modifications ... Best to keep it STOCK ... Light tint maybe and some nice floor mats.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
XeroZeus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post

Sorry to be "that guy". I have no problem searching, but I was curious if anyone would like to share anything in the moment. I think the biggest problem here is that I have no idea what I am looking for.

Feel free to share or not to share. I will be searching either way as these boards are easy to get lost on .
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
uplusd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Black kidney grills and black side markers are a good place to start. You can purchase from IND, a board sponsor.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplusd View Post
Black kidney grills and black side markers are a good place to start. You can purchase from IND, a board sponsor.
painted reflectors too
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

IND, EAS carry a lot of companies check their websites

What are common mods that people do initially? (as far as aesthetically or intakes )

Cosmetic Package from IND and the car intake is great all u need is a drop in filter

No, just get it before your warranty is over

im in a good mood today but next time
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroZeus View Post
2010 E92 Black M3 with Fox Red Interior

Questions:

Are there any neat features to tell a new 2010 owner? I plan on going through the manual - but have not got a chance to do so as of yet.
main places people buy their items are from EAS or IND. there are plenty of other great and well priced vendors that people buy their parts from. if you are looking for oem parts then go to getbmwparts. initial mods are generally painted reflectors, tint, muffler, rims, grilles, exhaust tips, steering wheel, shift knob. little things but those are the initial parts that get swapped out. cool features? just read the manual because everyone's definition of cool will vary. hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
peeti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e90

And welcome to, arguably, the grumpiest of BMW forums!

IND is limited, EAS is a great start.

Forget the intake, it's not worth anything - what the others said, filter is all that you can do. Sure I have the Dinan intake, but it's just pretty - does nothing.

As for new features - what are you coming from? I came from a 135i so the biggest new feature to me is the DCT. But it's all relative.

Anyhow, welcome aboard and ignore the grumps.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
XeroZeus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
main places people buy their items are from EAS or IND. there are plenty of other great and well priced vendors that people buy their parts from. if you are looking for oem parts then go to getbmwparts. initial mods are generally painted reflectors, tint, muffler, rims, grilles, exhaust tips, steering wheel, shift knob. little things but those are the initial parts that get swapped out. cool features? just read the manual because everyone's definition of cool will vary. hope this helps.
I would rep you if I got the chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeti View Post
And welcome to, arguably, the grumpiest of BMW forums!

IND is limited, EAS is a great start.

Forget the intake, it's not worth anything - what the others said, filter is all that you can do. Sure I have the Dinan intake, but it's just pretty - does nothing.

As for new features - what are you coming from? I came from a 135i so the biggest new feature to me is the DCT. But it's all relative.

Anyhow, welcome aboard and ignore the grumps.
Coming from a 2008 335i with jb4 and DCI that was T-Boned at 60+ mph.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #11
peeti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e90

Well - I don't know that there is too much different between 2008 and 2010. CCC and CIC on nav front for one - not sure if you have nav though.

But between M3 and 335 with jb4 that I can help with (mine was 135i with Dinan II)... the M3 is simply the real deal. The power is throughout. It's linear. The torque jump we had with the boosted x35 engines is gone, you'll have to relearn your off the line techniques.

Now my 335xi, 135i and now m3 are all within 1 year of each other so I can't really tell what's new. But from what I've read, other than the nav - not much.

Enjoy the new car, glad you got out of the Tbone. With a BMW it's expected, but still!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

-GetBMWParts (OEM)
-BMWPartPros(OEM)
-EAS (Mod Parts)
-IND (Mod Parts)
-Mode Carbon (CF Parts)
-GTM Challenge (Wheels)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:

Welcome!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669896

And...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694756
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #14
nrand001
nrand001
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

front grille, painted reflectors is usually a good start!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #15
IL8Apex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 1999 E36 M3

Quote:
Sorry to be "that guy". I have no problem searching, but I was curious if anyone would like to share anything in the moment. I think the biggest problem here is that I have no idea what I am looking for.

Feel free to share or not to share. I will be searching either way as these boards are easy to get lost on .
So you suffer the same illness as most of America....Instant Gratification.

What you're really saying is that I don't WANT to search, and spend the time necessary to do so. Instead I'll make up some lame excuse to see if I can get what I want quicker.

I don't want to be that " forum cop", but think about what you're doing......
      01-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
XeroZeus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL8Apex View Post

What you're really saying is that I don't WANT to search, and spend the time necessary to do so. Instead I'll make up some lame excuse to see if I can get what I want quicker.

That is not what I was saying in the least. Don't you have better things to do?

Time is a scarce resource - put me on ignore list / move along as I plan on making many posts.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
XeroZeus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeti View Post
Well - I don't know that there is too much different between 2008 and 2010. CCC and CIC on nav front for one - not sure if you have nav though.

But between M3 and 335 with jb4 that I can help with (mine was 135i with Dinan II)... the M3 is simply the real deal. The power is throughout. It's linear. The torque jump we had with the boosted x35 engines is gone, you'll have to relearn your off the line techniques.

Now my 335xi, 135i and now m3 are all within 1 year of each other so I can't really tell what's new. But from what I've read, other than the nav - not much.

Enjoy the new car, glad you got out of the Tbone. With a BMW it's expected, but still!
A few different things on the first day -

1) The car runs a lot hotter than the 335i? I was slightly over 210 degrees and it was 65 outside tonight. The 335i never passed 210.

2) The car roars nicely at around 3k RPM. I feel like I need to shift to the next gear (grandma driving) and then I realize that I am only at 2200 - 3000 rpms and I smile

3) I need to learn all about "M" mode. I plan on going through the manual in the next few days - I have no clue about DCT / Power button or any of those marvelous buttons. I just know I like to go fast
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #18
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

Quote:

Who cares honestly. How hard is it for you to read the title and not click it or click on it and go back. He just bought the car and is asking a couple questions.

You spend more time and effort trying to reply to it than you do simply by going back. Don't waste your precious time with that.

Hope you find the right answers man
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoundLegend View Post
Who cares honestly. How hard is it for you to read the title and not click it or click on it and go back. He just bought the car and is asking a couple questions.

You spend more time and effort trying to reply to it than you do simply by going back. Don't waste your precious time with that.

Hope you find the right answers man
+1
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #20
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:

The guy got a new car and is excited about it. I read pretty damn fast and it still took me quite a while to go through the manuals and even then, there is plenty left out. Searching these forums can also be a source of information overload.

So think about what you're doing. I'll help you, your being the typical douchebag. Either help the guy out or walk away.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311

There is no search function on the mobile app. I hate when people say this. Give me a search option and ill use it. Until then, quit mentioning search.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #22
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Seriously if I could punch people in the face who post "search" and post that retard face holding a sign I would. PS - I'd love a search function so BIMMER please fix your app!!!!
Appreciate 0