BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #23
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anom3 View Post
I agree with some of the points mentioned:

A) The car does rattle quite a bit. Most of them can be fixed, but at least the rear deck one is quite a bit involved as its 3-4 hours to remove and reinstall everything felted. I just took care of a nasty creek / rattle from the center console. But still get a pretty consistent creak from the rear shelf when making turns out of my garage first thing in the morning.

B) The 6MT is quite noisy. The helicopter noise when idling. Going slow in 1st / 2nd and quickly pressing the clutch results in a "pop-pop-pop". Most on here will agree that this is pretty common place and "normal". In the beginning it bothered my quite a bit, but I brush it off as normal for a very sporty vehicle now. My understanding is that none of this can be "fixed". There is nothing to fix. I had my flywheel swapped to the newer 2010+ version. Sounds exactly like it did before.
I almost forgot about the rear deck creaking. I didn't have time to remove all that stuff to felt it so I just stuck a folded up towel in between the deck and the rear glass. I removed the towel after a few months and the creaking was gone. I think the pressure from the towel and the summer heat must have slightly tweaked the plastic so it wasn't squeaking against whatever it was before.

Yah I understand that the noisy transmission is "normal," i've owned other cars that have the same noise. I've actually changed the dual mass flywheel to a lightweight aluminum one in a prior car and it was like a cement mixer turned up to 11 lol. But just because something is normal doesn't mean you can't be annoyed at it right
      03-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #24
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
I almost forgot about the rear deck creaking. I didn't have time to remove all that stuff to felt it so I just stuck a folded up towel in between the deck and the rear glass. I removed the towel after a few months and the creaking was gone. I think the pressure from the towel and the summer heat must have slightly tweaked the plastic so it wasn't squeaking against whatever it was before.
Here is the thread I will probably follow once I get around to it:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533313

Like I said, fairly involved... Easy, but lots of taking apart.

Quote:
Yah I understand that the noisy transmission is "normal," i've owned other cars that have the same noise. I've actually changed the dual mass flywheel to a lightweight aluminum one in a prior car and it was like a cement mixer turned up to 11 lol. But just because something is normal doesn't mean you can't be annoyed at it right
Agreed.
Appreciate 0