BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

08-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 AW GEAT DCT ZCP

Thumbs up My new E92 M3 + review of BMW of Bakersfield (CA) [photos!]

This past Sunday, I drove 250 miles / 4 hours from San Jose to Bakersfield in order to finalize a deal with BMW of Bakersfield on my new E92 M3. And then, of course, drove it another 250 miles / 4 hours back to the San Jose area the very same day. This post will chronicle my adventure, include a positive review of the dealership, and contain a hefty amount of photos.

Here's the thread that started my hunt: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871772

I've been looking for a pretty bare bones E92 M3 that had nothing but DCT and ZCP. It's tough finding those since they don't seem to sell that well, so dealerships tend to not order them. Most people are surprised to find an M3 with mostly cloth interior, but that actually appeals to me.

I came across an Alpine White / Black Cloth E92 M3 with DCT and ZCP at BMW of Bakersfield almost two weeks ago. When I searched for reviews on the dealership, however, I was initially worried by what I saw on Yelp and DealerRater. I did find the GSM's contact info on Yelp, and was pleased to see him (Alex Kargaran) responding to negative feedback, encouraging folks to reach out to him directly. On that basis, I decided to reach out to Alex about this M3. He was pretty responsive, and quickly put me in touch with one of his CA's at the dealership.

Shortly thereafter, a CA by the name of Rashed "Rocky" Tayeh reached out to me by email. Gave me his personal email address and his cell phone, did not nag me at all, and constrained our communication to email as I preferred. The only time we spoke by phone was when I called him to put down a deposit after agreeing on the purchase. He quickly marked it off as Sold and moved it to the back so no one could touch the car.

On Sunday, I drove down in a rented Ford Focus (ugh!), signed the paperwork within an hour max (I had walked in with a BMWFS Lease approval in hand), had lunch with the Finance Manager and Finance Director (Rocky got me/us In-n-Out Burger), and drove back that same evening with my brand new M3.

First time buying from BMW of Bakersfield and I have to say, I'm quite pleased. While the drive down was horrendous in a Ford Focus, I'll definitely look into getting my next BMW there (probably an M4 or an M2).

My spec:
2013 E92 M3
300 Alpine White
GEAT Anthracite & Black Cloth/Leather
ZCP Competition Package
2MK M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic

Some pics I snapped during delivery:

Last edited by CaptDngr; 08-13-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep

More pics! Grabbed these from their listing on their website before it was taken down after I bought it.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
M3/4 life
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congratulations!
      08-13-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
pjhz21c
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i coupe

Congrats!

Looks fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Love it. I want one like this too, bare bones, and purposeful. Nice find!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Grats! And Yelp is a double edged sword...especially for places like dealerships....cause let's be honest, most people don't have good experiences at dealerships for one reason or another.
      08-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
atombomb33
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
Grats! And Yelp is a double edged sword...especially for places like dealerships....cause let's be honest, most people don't have good experiences at dealerships for one reason or another.
That is definitely true. And, another thing making Yelp and other places tougher to get a true read is that most people will really only write a review when they have a complaint. They are motivated by their anger. People tend not to write a good review because they don't have as much motivation. So, you go to Yelp to research and all you see are mostly negative reviews. I like to attribute it to what I've written above as there have been cases of dealers with really bad reviews that were simply great in-person when doing a deal with them. Who knows these days
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3/4 life View Post
Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhz21c View Post
Congrats!

Looks fantastic!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Love it. I want one like this too, bare bones, and purposeful. Nice find!
Thanks. I consider it a pretty lucky find, as well. Especially given that the market was flooded by fully loaded Frozen Edition ones over the past couple months (judging by what I've seen on Cars.com).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
Indeed. So true. I'm really glad I took a chance on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atombomb33 View Post
That is definitely true. And, another thing making Yelp and other places tougher to get a true read is that most people will really only write a review when they have a complaint. They are motivated by their anger. People tend not to write a good review because they don't have as much motivation. So, you go to Yelp to research and all you see are mostly negative reviews. I like to attribute it to what I've written above as there have been cases of dealers with really bad reviews that were simply great in-person when doing a deal with them. Who knows these days
Yup. Very true! I did go in and copy most of my first post here over to Yelp just to help balance things out. (I find the same issue exists on Amazon with product reviews.)

Thanks everyone for the congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Nice find on the stripper. Looks good.
      08-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Awesome! Nice n simple
      08-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #11
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDngr
This past Sunday, I drove 250 miles / 4 hours from San Jose to Bakersfield in order to finalize a deal with BMW of Bakersfield on my new E92 M3. And then, of course, drove it another 250 miles / 4 hours back to the San Jose area the very same day. This post will chronicle my adventure, include a positive review of the dealership, and contain a hefty amount of photos.

Here's the thread that started my hunt: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871772

I've been looking for a pretty bare bones E92 M3 that had nothing but DCT and ZCP. It's tough finding those since they don't seem to sell that well, so dealerships tend to not order them. Most people are surprised to find an M3 with mostly cloth interior, but that actually appeals to me.

I came across an Alpine White / Black Cloth E92 M3 with DCT and ZCP at BMW of Bakersfield almost two weeks ago. When I searched for reviews on the dealership, however, I was initially worried by what I saw on Yelp and DealerRater. I did find the GSM's contact info on Yelp, and was pleased to see him (Alex Kargaran) responding to negative feedback, encouraging folks to reach out to him directly. On that basis, I decided to reach out to Alex about this M3. He was pretty responsive, and quickly put me in touch with one of his CA's at the dealership.

Shortly thereafter, a CA by the name of Rashed "Rocky" Tayeh reached out to me by email. Gave me his personal email address and his cell phone, did not nag me at all, and constrained our communication to email as I preferred. The only time we spoke by phone was when I called him to put down a deposit after agreeing on the purchase. He quickly marked it off as Sold and moved it to the back so no one could touch the car.

On Sunday, I drove down in a rented Ford Focus (ugh!), signed the paperwork within an hour max (I had walked in with a BMWFS Lease approval in hand), had lunch with the Finance Manager and Finance Director (Rocky got me/us In-n-Out Burger), and drove back that same evening with my brand new M3.

First time buying from BMW of Bakersfield and I have to say, I'm quite pleased. While the drive down was horrendous in a Ford Focus, I'll definitely look into getting my next BMW there (probably an M4 or an M2).

My spec:
2013 E92 M3
300 Alpine White
GEAT Anthracite & Black Cloth/Leather
ZCP Competition Package
2MK M Double-clutch Transmission with Drivelogic

Some pics I snapped during delivery:

Nice find! I live here, they must have gotten it recently. Must have been a fun trip home!

Care to give any details about your negotiation? Bakersfied has a rep for being more expensive. I picked up my 335 in Santa Maria, couldn't find what I wanted here.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Nice find on the stripper. Looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang Vann View Post
Awesome! Nice n simple
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
Nice find! I live here, they must have gotten it recently. Must have been a fun trip home!
It was much, much more fun than the drive down in a Focus. Granted, now I've got a lot of dead bugs on my bumper, windshield, and mirror caps (wow, they kill a lot more bugs than I thought they would).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post
Care to give any details about your negotiation? Bakersfied has a rep for being more expensive. I picked up my 335 in Santa Maria, couldn't find what I wanted here.
It was actually pretty awesome. I straight up explained my experience in buying cars, my aversion to wasting anyone's time (theirs and mine), and the fact that if their lowest possible price doesn't mesh with what I'm willing to pay, we might as well part ways early in the process. Yes, I could've nitpicked and probably saved another $300, but meh, so long as I feel good about it in the end, that's what matters. For context, I was close to invoice before incentives. I also had the UDE, Loyalty Cash, and Build Out Credit. So overall, I was significantly below invoice thanks to BMW NA throwing money at me.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #13
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

Congrats ! exact build like mine except mine is 6 speed. ENJOY THE BEAST. in good health.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
m3buckeye
will bring some beers
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots

+1 on BMW of Bakersfield. They did a PPI for me last year and it was fast, thorough and reasonably priced.

Grats on the ride!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
Topgun2012
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

Congrats on the new car
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
GreenLantern
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Very nice. Love the color, though, I'm a bit biased given that I just took delivery of my AW E92 M3, as well.

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy in best of health. It's one of our generations greatest high performance cars (and engines) ever to be made... and you got one of the last ever.

Thanks for the detailed write-up, and for sharing! I'm going to use this as a template and do my own write-up as I, also, have nothing but positive stuff to say about my experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #17
fuzzybam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB GLE350

So you're the dude that bought it? I drove that car right after it came in and came back about a day later to buy it and it was gone.

Well... Enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #18
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybam View Post
So you're the dude that bought it? I drove that car right after it came in and came back about a day later to buy it and it was gone.
Haha. Damn. Talk about crazy timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybam View Post
Well... Enjoy it.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #19
fuzzybam
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB GLE350

Haha yeah! I always go in there, drool, do some homework (figure out numbers), and come back and they're always gone. I should stop thinking so logically.

I definitely loved the cloth seats. They're perfect for that car.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #20
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep

I'm starting to wish I had black wheels now that I've seen everyone else's on a white M3.

Any reason why black powder coating is a bad idea?

Additionally, would I regret it come lease turn-in time?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
CaptDngr
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
Congrats! Looking super clean.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0