BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

06-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767IJP View Post
Tibra? You guys in the states are your premium brands of gas (and high octanes), do they have ethanol added?
Unfortunatly we do 10% by volume ..its now a federal law or something ..there were a few stations that sold pure gas..but they have rapidly disappeared..

Ethanol has some advantages in that its an octane booster..but ethanol is extremely corrosive to plastics and polymers and it is also hygroscopic (tends to absorb water) and you know what happens when water and gas mix inside an engine..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 AW DCT ZCP ESS 625

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Mine running strong in the 99 degree weather, in fact, she was feeling feisty the other day! There's many variables being discussed here. OP, is ur car still running like crap? Maybe u got some bag gas. Shit happens. It's only a car, just drive it. The weather, the altitude, the gas, the phase of the moon, nobody knows for sure......
      06-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #25
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha///M View Post
Mine running strong in the 99 degree weather, in fact, she was feeling feisty the other day! There's many variables being discussed here. OP, is ur car still running like crap? Maybe u got some bag gas. Shit happens. It's only a car, just drive it. The weather, the altitude, the gas, the phase of the moon, nobody knows for sure......
Really?..it didnt hit 99 today in NY..

I cant say I agree..as I said alot of this is subjective to the driver..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Really?..it didnt hit 99 today in NY..

I cant say I agree..as I said alot of this is subjective to the driver..
Noo, not today. I said the other day. And my sarcasm was hinting at the subjectivity...

Last edited by Alpha///M; 06-23-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

You forgot the tides..... But I guess that's lunar so I guess you did cover it lol.
      06-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #28
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
You forgot the tides..... But I guess that's lunar so I guess you did cover it lol.
      06-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #29
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Geez I'm surprised PC adds ethanol to their top tier gas. Shell didn't On their 91. Has that changed? Are there any other places you'd recommend?
From Petro Canada Web Site..............(pay attention to the last paragraph regarding ethanol)

Ultra 94

Is Ultra 94™ sold at Petro-Canada still the same fuel that I purchased at Sunoco?

Yes, Petro-Canada is pleased to add this great brand to its array of high quality gasolines. All of the performance and octane benefits remain unchanged.

Where can I purchase Ultra 94 fuel?

Petro-Canada will add Ultra 94 to selected Petro-Canada™ branded sites, which will have street signs that identify the site as one that carries Ultra 94. In addition, Ultra 94 is available at Sunoco sites that converted to the Petro-Canada brand, in order to continue to serve loyal Ultra 94 customers. You can search for Ultra 94 locations using our Site Locator.

Why is Ultra 94 not available at the Petro-Canada site I use?

Availability of Ultra 94 is based on a variety of factors including distribution and local market demand. In 2010, Ultra 94 was added to 46 Petro-Canada sites. In 2011, Ultra 94 will be available at over 60 additional locations and we are evaluating future expansion.

What are the benefits of Ultra 94 fuel? What does higher octane do for my car?

Ultra 94 offers high octane fuel at gas stations in Ontario and Alberta. Its formulation surpasses the CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board) performance requirements for super premium gasoline.

Ultra 94's higher octane ensures you always get the maximum horsepower, maximum acceleration, and maximum performance from your vehicle, even under tough driving conditions.

Like all Petro-Canada fuels, Ultra 94 is Top Tier certified; in fact, it significantly exceeds Top Tier performance criteria. This higher detergency level will actually clean your car's fuel injectors and intake valves, and keep them clean. Cleaner engines help provide optimal fuel economy, reduced emissions and maximum performance year-round.

Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?

Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSam View Post
From Petro Canada Web Site..............(pay attention to the last paragraph regarding ethanol)

Ultra 94

Is Ultra 94™ sold at Petro-Canada still the same fuel that I purchased at Sunoco?

Yes, Petro-Canada is pleased to add this great brand to its array of high quality gasolines. All of the performance and octane benefits remain unchanged.

Where can I purchase Ultra 94 fuel?

Petro-Canada will add Ultra 94 to selected Petro-Canada™ branded sites, which will have street signs that identify the site as one that carries Ultra 94. In addition, Ultra 94 is available at Sunoco sites that converted to the Petro-Canada brand, in order to continue to serve loyal Ultra 94 customers. You can search for Ultra 94 locations using our Site Locator.

Why is Ultra 94 not available at the Petro-Canada site I use?

Availability of Ultra 94 is based on a variety of factors including distribution and local market demand. In 2010, Ultra 94 was added to 46 Petro-Canada sites. In 2011, Ultra 94 will be available at over 60 additional locations and we are evaluating future expansion.

What are the benefits of Ultra 94 fuel? What does higher octane do for my car?

Ultra 94 offers high octane fuel at gas stations in Ontario and Alberta. Its formulation surpasses the CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board) performance requirements for super premium gasoline.

Ultra 94's higher octane ensures you always get the maximum horsepower, maximum acceleration, and maximum performance from your vehicle, even under tough driving conditions.

Like all Petro-Canada fuels, Ultra 94 is Top Tier certified; in fact, it significantly exceeds Top Tier performance criteria. This higher detergency level will actually clean your car's fuel injectors and intake valves, and keep them clean. Cleaner engines help provide optimal fuel economy, reduced emissions and maximum performance year-round.

Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?

Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.
Also found this on a web site that asked Shell Canada about ethanol content..........not sure if it is true - but if it is, I tend to think Shell 91 is the way to go. I have been going out of my way to do the 94 octane thing - but 91 might be the better way to go.

Shell is not planning on adding ethanol to its 91 octane gasoline.

All over Canada, Shell stations that have been converted to ethanol sites carry a maximum of 10% ethanol in Shell Bronze (regular 87 octane gasoline), and 5% in Shell Silver (mid-grade 89 octane gasoline). Shell V-Power (premium 91 octane gasoline) is ethanol free at all Shell gas stations (converted or not).

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSam View Post
Also found this on a web site that asked Shell Canada about ethanol content..........not sure if it is true - but if it is, I tend to think Shell 91 is the way to go. I have been going out of my way to do the 94 octane thing - but 91 might be the better way to go.

Shell is not planning on adding ethanol to its 91 octane gasoline.

All over Canada, Shell stations that have been converted to ethanol sites carry a maximum of 10% ethanol in Shell Bronze (regular 87 octane gasoline), and 5% in Shell Silver (mid-grade 89 octane gasoline). Shell V-Power (premium 91 octane gasoline) is ethanol free at all Shell gas stations (converted or not).

Thanks for the useful info. Isn't ESSO 91 octane same as Shell since they don't use ethanol in it and use it on 87 and 89?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
yellow fever
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 coupe/1973 BMW 2002

Hi Guys thanks for all the feed back.
I think the gas that I got was bad or something because after refueling the car seems to be good,
I just don’t understand I always get my gas from the same place Shell at Bayview and shepared.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #33
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

I only go to Shell.

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #34
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Sorry to high jack the thread away from OPs original concern but I'm happy for the info about Canadian gas. I'll be going to Shell from now on. Cheers guys.
      06-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #35
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to high jack the thread away from OPs original concern but I'm happy for the info about Canadian gas. I'll be going to Shell from now on. Cheers guys.
Actually you were spot on..looks like bad gas was the OPs culprit..I too only use Shell
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #36
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

No where to fine pure 94octane in Calgary;(
Appreciate 0