BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

03-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Maintenance after warranty

Before my car hit 50k a couple months back i made sure my dealership change out my brake pads, rotors and fluid and its my turn to do the rest. Planning on changing out most of the fluid in my car at 60k, please let me know if i miss anything for this tune up.

MY DIY list to tackle soon
- Spark Plug Change
- Engine Oil & Filter(every 7,500miles)
- Coolant flush
- power steering fluid change
- diff fluid change w/FM Booster
- New Engine oil cap (old one is slightly leaking)

Thanks to Rock Auto and TxStig for the Plugs and tool

Thanks to Marco & Gilbert at McKenna Performance, received my order yesterday never seen so much packing to ensure nothing gets damage.
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
coogs08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

looks good, I need to flush my coolant and replace my diff fluid as well...I'm currently at 53k. When did you last have your plugs changed? I believe the dealer changed mine out at 37k.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogs08 View Post
looks good, I need to flush my coolant and replace my diff fluid as well...I'm currently at 53k. When did you last have your plugs changed? I believe the dealer changed mine out at 37k.
I'm near 53k myself about to do everything at 60k, The dealer did my plug at 32,000-33,000 but I'm not sure
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Good list.

We're about the same mileage. Had the spark plugs and diff done at 33K so planning to get those done again by ~66K. Not sure about coolant, but should probably do that too.

Think I'm going to try the redline diff oil though. They have a separate FM booster that I'll add if I get any noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
05Mdriver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: TT Flat Six

Garage List
2007 Porsche Turbo  [10.00]
2008 BMW M3  [10.00]
2005 BMW M3  [10.00]
i cant believe we have to change out air filters every 7500 miles on these cars
      03-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mdriver View Post
Get a reusable one that can be cleaned and re-oiled? I have afe but MS has one as do others.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #7
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Get a reusable one that can be cleaned and re-oiled? I have afe but MS has one as do others.
I have BMC filter on mine and it was first change in 36k kms. The induction noise is very noticeable. I had BMC on my E46 M3 too.
      03-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mdriver View Post
I have an AA Green air Filter every time i change my oil i take it out and see if it needs a cleaning, Most of the time all you have to do is remove leaf and other stuff that gets trap on the filter.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I have almost the exact same parts as you that just arrived yesterday from Tischer. The only difference is that I already have some Liqui Moly in the garage and my spark plugs are still good to go.

Will be doing all of it in one go, as well as my rear brake pads. Depending on when it was last done, maybe this about doing brake fluid too?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I have almost the exact same parts as you that just arrived yesterday from Tischer. The only difference is that I already have some Liqui Moly in the garage and my spark plugs are still good to go.

Will be doing all of it in one go, as well as my rear brake pads. Depending on when it was last done, maybe this about doing brake fluid too?
I was planning on upgrading to SS brake line but i just got my front brake, rotors, and fluid change not to long ago and it would be a waste to change it now. Ill most likely upgrade it when my rear brake pads need to be replace
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:

How do you like the Liqui Moly compare to Castrol?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
How do you like the Liqui Moly compare to Castrol?
Can't tell any difference to be honest, but the price is obviously significant. But people have tested them on M5/M6's without any problems. I want to try Blackstone for the first time and see how the results look. I'll keep you updated.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #13
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can't tell any difference to be honest, but the price is obviously significant. But people have tested them on M5/M6's without any problems. I want to try Blackstone for the first time and see how the results look. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #14
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
Thanks to Marco & Gilbert at McKenna Performance, received my order yesterday never seen so much packing to ensure nothing gets damage.
Marco and Gilbert.
      04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Crap, saw your thing on the left and saw DCT, was going to suggest 6speed fluid tranny fluid change. But you have DCT, so anyone else reading (manuals), add tranny fluid?!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2 View Post
Crap, saw your thing on the left and saw DCT, was going to suggest 6speed fluid tranny fluid change. But you have DCT, so anyone else reading (manuals), add tranny fluid?!
I want to change out my DCT Fluid but kinda scared to touch it
Appreciate 0