BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

07-31-2006, 01:55 AM   #23
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

No Mexicans = no burritos.

DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?

Pick up - Jan 18 2007
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 10:41 AM   #24
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

ah, so you're saying killing people (European killing Natives) is more justifiable than people that migrated to your country, working at crappy jobs trying to make a living and survive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
Immigration and conquest are two very different things. You're confusing the two.
      07-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #25
canucklion
Canada
Rep

don't exclude Quebec, take it man, please, we insist

Quote:
How funny would it be if the U.S. annexed all land 200 miles north of it's current border (excluding Quebec of course) to replace land that the illegal aliens are taking over from the South?
      07-31-2006, 10:48 AM   #26
canucklion
Canada
Rep

so what are you saying then? you're saying they're different, and.....your point is.....?
      07-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #27
canucklion
Canada
Rep

apples and oranges are different
Quote:
I'm saying exactly what I said which is, conquest and immigration are two entirely different things.
      07-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #28
canucklion
Canada
Rep

sorry to disappoint you, but we do learn French in school albeit limited, but it's still part of our curriculum.
Quote:
Well, actually we'll turn Quebec into a reservation and move all of the displaced Canadians there and force them to speak French.
      07-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #29
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
No Mexicans = no burritos.

DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?

Go to Mexico and ask for a burrito......

they'll look at you and say, "What's a burrito?"

A burrito is a Taco Bell thing..........
      07-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #30
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: E90

I would not lose any sleep over this issue - the genie is out of the bottle and there is no going back...in the grand scheme of things - so what? I hate to go down the metaphysical/existential road, but some day you will be dead - and you will have spent your whole life worrying about such a trivial issue...put yourself in their shoes for a moment...pretty sobering...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
canucklion
Canada
Rep

everyone in North American is an immigrant, just because your European ancestors bullied the Natives first, doesn't give you the right to call it 'your home and no one else's"

Like Scarabeo said, there are more serious matters to worry about
      07-31-2006, 02:16 PM   #32
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

I just find it silly that some Latinos think that they are returning home. Their home is central america.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 02:43 PM   #33
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I just find it silly that some Latinos think that they are returning home. Their home is central america.
If I recall correctly, most of the southern US did belong to Mexico before it was taken away from them in a land grab....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #34
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarabeo
If I recall correctly, most of the southern US did belong to Mexico before it was taken away from them in a land grab....
They can have Texas.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #35
canucklion
Canada
Rep

so do you think of America as your home? or Korea?

Quote:
      07-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #36
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Mate - what is this all about? - I'm pretty new to this forum and I have already seen you post 3 things about illegal (and legal) immigrants.

And now I see that you feel the need to make a comment on this in all your posts by including an extremely bigoted and stereotyped reference to illegal immigrants in your sig.

This is supposed to be a car forum - I know this is the off topic section, but I still don't think this is the right place for you to publicise your rather narrow views.

You live in the richest country in the world. By an accident of birth (or because you are an immigrant yourself) you have found yourself in an incredibly fortunate position. If you are not an immigrant - then I can be sure that your recent ancestors were - everyone in the USA is an immigrant.

So now you have everything - yet you don't seem to understand why poor non-americans want to move to your country for a chance of a better life.

The situation isn't fair - but recognise this - the argument against immigration is simple. Those who have everything - don't want to lose any of it by sharing it with those who have little.

I'm not saying this is wrong or right - but the immigration issue is fundamentally an immoral one.

Why not find an alternative outlet for your immigration posts and post some jokes or car stuff here instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #37
canucklion
Canada
Rep

needforspeed: nicely said.

I just can't fathom people that insist on the argument of " illegals are taking over our country"
      07-31-2006, 03:50 PM   #38
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo
Without them doing the type of work they do for near minimum wages, this country wouldn't operate properly.
That is complete and utter bullshit.

We haven't needed more immigrants for years!

And we sure don't need the poor and uneducated.

Please.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #39
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
That is complete and utter bullshit.

We haven't needed more immigrants for years!

And we sure don't need the poor and uneducated.

Please.
And you live in Costa Mesa, California...hmmmm, how did it get that Spanish name I wonder....also, I am pretty sure that most economists will agree that the "illegals" add almost 2 billion dollars to the California economy yearly.....and btw, when my Italian grandparents emigrated to the US, they faced this same bigoted bile that you are now spewing all over this forum....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #40
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
so do you think of America as your home? or Korea?
America. After my parents legally immigrated here, I was born in NY. I'm all for legal immigration, which has been said by a lot of people 1000000000x already. But some people can't seem to differentiate between illegal and legal.

We have enough poor legal citizens here already, we don't need more coming through our borders with no permission.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 04:04 PM   #41
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
America. After my parents legally immigrated here, I was born in NY. I'm all for legal immigration, which has been said by a lot of people 1000000000x already. But some people can't seem to differentiate between illegal and legal.

We have enough poor legal citizens here already, we don't need more coming through our borders with no permission.
America is the land of plenty - are they taking food from your mouth? Me thinks not...trust me, if this illegal immigration were not needed, the borders would have been shut down a long time ago....a lot of these poor people toil in backbreaking jobs, fight our wars - I will close by quoting a Rolling Stones song - "Let's drink to the hard working people, let's drink to the salt of the earth"....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 04:37 PM   #42
canucklion
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I just find that funny that you think Latinos' 'home' is central america, Aren't Latinos born in USA allowed to call USA their home too? how about the Korean Americans, are their 'home' in Korea ? taht's why I asked you that question

Quote:

07-31-2006, 04:40 PM   #43
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
I just find that funny that you think Latinos' 'home' is central america, Aren't Latinos born in USA allowed to call USA their home too? how about the Korean Americans, are their 'home' in Korea ? taht's why I asked you that question
Sure they are, as long as they're legal.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #44
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarabeo
America is the land of plenty - are they taking food from your mouth? Me thinks not...trust me, if this illegal immigration were not needed, the borders would have been shut down a long time ago....a lot of these poor people toil in backbreaking jobs, fight our wars - I will close by quoting a Rolling Stones song - "Let's drink to the hard working people, let's drink to the salt of the earth"....
Illegal immigrants fight our wars?

Illegal immigration is not NEEDED, if it were NEEDED, then we wouldn't need borders in the first place.
Appreciate 0