BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #3125
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

First time AAPL broke through resistance at 465 but couldn't hold. Looks like it will close red
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #3126
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I still like BBRY despite the recent selloff...will recapture it all back soon I bet...Blackberry 10 will do well.

didnt take long, BBRY almost back to the highs...as noted above, that selloff from the roadshow was just noise....over 17.00 in AH's.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #3127
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
didnt take long, BBRY almost back to the highs...as noted above, that selloff from the roadshow was just noise....over 17.00 in AH's.
What's your target and time frame for BBRY? I don't know if I'm a believer in BB10, I don't seem to understand why you are.

I also agree that we'll be seeing a correction in the next couple of days. I honestly thought it would have happened by now but we're about to either make or fail at our 3rd push up within the next week so we shall see soon.

I've been making a killing buying AMZN calls and AAPL calls, especially today. I hope AAPL continues tomorrow, even though I have a very small position.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #3128
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In on AAPL today near 444ish...will accumulate more next week.

In on RIMM at 10.70

In on FB at 24.00.

AAPL should do better with iphone 5S...many like me are waiting until 2 yr contract over to get new iPhone to get the subsidized price...ATT usually lets people out of their contract after 1 yr but they didnt do that this time...bet this contributed to weaker sales recently.

So did anyone take that AAPL trade with me...I know it was hard to at the time and it always is near bottoms...sentiment always low at bottoms...gotta buy when there is fear and negative attitude...I loved it when people were calling for 300.00 as it told me the sentiment was piss poor......think AAPL will make me alot over the next yr....in at 444.00
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #3129
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
What's your target and time frame for BBRY? I don't know if I'm a believer in BB10, I don't seem to understand why you are.

I also agree that we'll be seeing a correction in the next couple of days. I honestly thought it would have happened by now but we're about to either make or fail at our 3rd push up within the next week so we shall see soon.

I've been making a killing buying AMZN calls and AAPL calls, especially today. I hope AAPL continues tomorrow, even though I have a very small position.

Glad youre making some on AAPL!....

I like BBRY cause their new phone isnt great in itself but it is a huge improvement to what they had...alot of corporate users are still forced to use BBRY and they will all get the new phone.

They have very little of the phone mkt now so they can only go up...hard to go down from nothing imho...now if you're in BBRY at 17.00-18.00 sure there is some risk but what stock doesnt have risk?...but if you're in near 10-11.00 like when I first said I liked FB and RIMM(BBRY), then you are in good shape.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #3130
rallysport
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i

Quote:
So did anyone take that AAPL trade with me...I know it was hard to at the time and it always is near bottoms...sentiment always low at bottoms...gotta buy when there is fear and negative attitude...I loved it when people were calling for 300.00 as it told me the sentiment was piss poor......think AAPL will make me alot over the next yr....in at 444.00
I got in at $441. I don't have the money some of you guys have, but I'm happy with how my 30 shares has turned out so far
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #3131
e92tt1986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

Is it too late to pick up some aapl right now
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #3132
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

All I can say about AAPL right now is that we are at critical level at 475...it can pull back from here since its had a decent run but mkts need to accept prices above this level(475.00) before it really takes off...could take abit of time though...I would be a buyer if it pulls back(and I will buy more if it pulls back to 460ish level).

Cant get too specific right now as I can't look at charts, as I forgot my laptop today..

Rallysport, damn you , you got in lower than I did!...good work..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #3133
turbosc297
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330xi

Hey guys. Thanks for posting as much as you do, I've learned a good amt from your postings!
I jumped in on the aapl bandwagon with a few shares at 510, and managed to add on the recent dip to average my cost down to 454. Waiting it out now for a bit
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #3134
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Glad youre making some on AAPL!....

I like BBRY cause their new phone isnt great in itself but it is a huge improvement to what they had...alot of corporate users are still forced to use BBRY and they will all get the new phone.

They have very little of the phone mkt now so they can only go up...hard to go down from nothing imho...now if you're in BBRY at 17.00-18.00 sure there is some risk but what stock doesnt have risk?...but if you're in near 10-11.00 like when I first said I liked FB and RIMM(BBRY), then you are in good shape.
I've been cashing in on AAPL since it's low on the 5th. I hadn't even looked at this thread until recent. I'm glad you were on the same side. I agree that AAPL will have a pull back here and I also agree that we are due for a sizeable correction as well but I'm long some AAPL calls for next week for the hell of it.

Here are a couple of my last transactions. It's not showing my call options I bought on the 5th but I've made over 20k this week just on AAPL calls.

I like your analysis on BBRY but I'm still a little skeptical. I don't see too much upside nor do I see too much risk. If I wanted a slow play, I'd go with QCOM.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #3135
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
I've been cashing in on AAPL since it's low on the 5th. I hadn't even looked at this thread until recent. I'm glad you were on the same side. I agree that AAPL will have a pull back here and I also agree that we are due for a sizeable correction as well but I'm long some AAPL calls for next week for the hell of it.

Here are a couple of my last transactions. It's not showing my call options I bought on the 5th but I've made over 20k this week just on AAPL calls.

I like your analysis on BBRY but I'm still a little skeptical. I don't see too much upside nor do I see too much risk. If I wanted a slow play, I'd go with QCOM.

I dont love BBRY for the long run(i.e.-many yrs), I do like it for a IT trade(months to a year)...here are few excerpts from Seeking Alpha article that describes how I feel about this trade...its the 80M subscribers that will drive this stock as many of them will want to finally upgrade to a real smartphone even if it isnt any better than a iphone or android.

BTW, great trades on AAPL...20K, very nicely done.

79 Million Subscribers, A Solid Start

As I said above, I like BlackBerry (although confession: I've never owned a BlackBerry device), and it appears that a good number of other BlackBerry "die hards" do, too. In the most recent quarter, BlackBerry reported that it had 79 million subscribers. These folks stuck around, even as BlackBerry still had not put out anything interesting, so it's hard to imagine that they won't be able to find a BlackBerry 10-based phone that they would like to upgrade to.

Unlike Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows Phone which, while I think is great, hasn't ever been popular, BlackBerry has a solid base of users that it can draw on to get the ball rolling. This is a very key advantage that, quite frankly, is worth a lot more than some of the BlackBerry bears seem to think.

Some People Just Like "New" Things

Let's face it: the iPhone is old hat, the Galaxy-Whatever's are still "cool" but are probably going to eventually be comically large, and the other vendors such as Motorola, Lenovo, and HTC put out good stuff but aren't exactly the flashiest names on the market (they will sell well, though). People are intrigued, excited, and attracted to "new" and "different" things. Right now, BlackBerry 10 is as "new" as it gets.

While the company has the plain vanillia-iPhone-clone that I showed above to please the folks who want something like an iPhone but not quite, it will also sell a successor to the traditional BlackBerry with the QWERTY keyboard:

(click to enlarge)

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that nobody else has actually tried to make a BlackBerry "successor" with the physical QWERTY keyboard. While everybody else was furiously copying Apple, this has led to a basically homogeneous landscape when it comes to input (although Swype is a very useful feature for Android phones that iOS doesn't have). Nobody (but apparently BlackBerry) seemed to think that the precision afforded by physical keyboards -- at least for some people -- could actually a huge differentiator.

But There Are Huge Risks...

The most obvious risk is that people may simply be "burned out" on the BlackBerry name. It was once a symbol of "cool", "bleeding edge", and "Barack Obama has one". Apple has had the spotlight, but that's fading too. There's also a very real risk that, as I suspect is the long-term endgame, that phones become just like PCs, toasters, refrigerators, and washing machines -- a tool that isn't particularly exciting and that people buy for as cheaply as possible. The BlackBerry 10 may very well emerge to be a tool that a nontrivial portion of the world's population want to use, but it will always be subject to fierce competition from other players.

In the long run, smartphones will be marginally profitable, and BlackBerry will need to ship high volumes in order to keep the lights on. Companies with other sources of income, such as Google/Motorola, Samsung (SSNLF.PK), Lenovo (LNVGY.PK), and even Sony (SNE) are the most protected from the fickle whims of the consumer.

So here's what I suggest doing...

The Trading Plan

You want to play the BlackBerry success story? I suspect that initial sales will be good, and I think that there will be additional momentum as the phone launches elsewhere in the world. The odds are, you will make money on this trade, especially if you can buy shares on a day when someone releases some "bad news" about BlackBerry 10. But the key is to not get greedy. Once BlackBerry starts reporting nice Y/Y revenue increases and strong profitability, scale out of the position. This growth will be, as it almost always is, ephemeral. However, that won't stop shares from entering a "hype bubble" as it did in the past, and it will ultimately allow you to profit (assuming BB10 actually sees initial popularity).

Don't get greedy, and don't fall into the "fear of missing out" trap. If you make money off of the hype that is being built here, then don't risk your gains by trying to catch that last drop. It's just not worth it.

Conclusion

I think BlackBerry 10 will see initial success, and I think the stock could go up 50-100% from here as the positives keep rolling in. But keep in mind that, despite the brand and the features, at the end of the day, smartphones are a commodity and it will be an eventual race to the bottom. Sell shares gradually into strength and don't get caught holding the bag when/if this stock goes exponential and then crashes again. Too many paper fortunes have been erased by real greed.

Additional disclosure: The AAPL position is a short term trade that I plan to exit opportunistically. I may initiate a position in LNVGY.PK at any time.

Last edited by mact3333; 02-10-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #3136
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
All I can say about AAPL right now is that we are at critical level at 475...it can pull back from here since its had a decent run but mkts need to accept prices above this level(475.00) before it really takes off...could take abit of time though...I would be a buyer if it pulls back(and I will buy more if it pulls back to 460ish level).

Cant get too specific right now as I can't look at charts, as I forgot my laptop today..

Rallysport, damn you , you got in lower than I did!...good work..
I got apple first in the 300s cashed in and my guys had me buy at 527 so that didn't work out well at all, but I'm still ahead overall. Personally I just can't see apple making a 600+ run again.

(investor novice here )
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #3137
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

My exit strategy for BBRY...first sell point would be 100% gain near low 20's...2nd sell point in low 30's(200% gain)...if I get lucky(and i genuinely mean lucky) enough to see low 30's, will definitely exit this trade...low 30's is the 0.38 fibo retrace area.

Hope this chart is large enough to see...if it can take out 18.00 should run abit.

edit: Never mind about chart as I cant make it large enough to see.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #3138
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i1 View Post
I got apple first in the 300s cashed in and my guys had me buy at 527 so that didn't work out well at all, but I'm still ahead overall. Personally I just can't see apple making a 600+ run again.

(investor novice here )

I agree with you...I dont see AAPL taking out the all time highs every again...once they start paying dividends the super growth part is over...AAPL will trade like GOOG now(will have its 20% ups and downs)...I see alot of risk in AAPL if it touches 550-575 where the future 200dma could very well be...more I look at AAPL I realize this too is a trade and not a super long term hold...now I would like to see AAPL announce a new Apple TV set!....
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #3139
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you...I dont see AAPL taking out the all time highs every again...once they start paying dividends the super growth part is over...AAPL will trade like GOOG now(will have its 20% ups and downs)...I see alot of risk in AAPL if it touches 550-575 where the future 200dma could very well be...more I look at AAPL I realize this too is a trade and not a super long term hold...now I would like to see AAPL announce a new Apple TV set!....
If it hits 550 again I'm out for good... I didn't have enough of it (thankfully) @ 527 to make that dividend worth keeping.

Other problem is apple is loosing some of its image, with samsung at phones, and the people I'm with kinda past the trend it could really hurt. If it revives its image (which its done in the past) who knows what kind of run it could have again [but I still wouldn't buy it lol]. I was more pissed cause when it tumbled down from 600s I let them talk me into 527 when my gut told me and all the image stuff said it would tumble lower . Same gut got me in at 300s though
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #3140
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Bro, hope you kept the faith and held onto RIMM or I should say BBRY now....strong day today.
Yes, I did! I'm still holding.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #3141
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

AAPL chart above posted on 1/25/13 when people calling for 300's...hard to buy when AAPL got axed by 60 pts in a day...you have to use the charts and to overcome fear to make some...AAPL bounced exactly where predicted.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #3142
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

ChArts look nice I'm just personally done with them unless they sunk back to the real low 300s. Thank god I only got dinged on 20k.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #3143
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

ZNGA goin so hard
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #3144
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I dont love BBRY for the long run(i.e.-many yrs), I do like it for a IT trade(months to a year)...here are few excerpts from Seeking Alpha article that describes how I feel about this trade...its the 80M subscribers that will drive this stock as many of them will want to finally upgrade to a real smartphone even if it isnt any better than a iphone or android.

BTW, great trades on AAPL...20K, very nicely done.

Thanks. As I stated before, I reopened another long position in AAPL. I bought 495 calls @ 1.80. I'd love to see another bump but I'm honestly expecting a pull back soon as I don't believe it'll break the IT trend line. I really hope it does though.

I'll take a look into BBRY. If it hits 13's, I'll definitely consider it.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #3145
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Got in on eur/usd right at stochastic turnaround on daily at1.3397 sold at 1.3491
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #3146
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
AAPL chart above posted on 1/25/13 when people calling for 300's...hard to buy when AAPL got axed by 60 pts in a day...you have to use the charts and to overcome fear to make some...AAPL bounced exactly where predicted.

BBRY making a ahuge symmetrical triangle? I sort of like that.
Appreciate 0