BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

01-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #3081
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Advice on getting in on LVS now?
no way. Not now at this point. Better stocks to get into.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #3082
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Astounded. YTD performance (3 weeks).

How has everyone been doing for their first 3 weeks? I don't want to discourage you guys posting up your % returns. Cmon let's see em!
Attached Images

01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #3083
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Biggest positions for months have been FB and RIMM!....blackberry 10 looks good...FB mobile earnings should cont to grow.

As I have called for almost two yrs ago, we will be making new all time highs...spx should see 1650-1700 before ending this bull.

Mkts all aligned again
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #3084
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Astounded. YTD performance (3 weeks).

How has everyone been doing for their first 3 weeks? I don't want to discourage you guys posting up your % returns. Cmon let's see em!
50% is absurd wow! Great job LOL, I wouldn't even know what to do with a 50% return, absolutely stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Biggest positions for months have been FB and RIMM!....blackberry 10 looks good...FB mobile earnings should cont to grow.

As I have called for almost two yrs ago, we will be making new all time highs...spx should see 1650-1700 before ending this bull.

Mkts all aligned again
The risk on RIM has paid very handsomely, too bad I took a very small position just because I wasn't too confident.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #3085
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

AAPL got got. NFLX is a joke.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #3086
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Going to guess for a shallow pullback around 1525-1550.
      01-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #3087
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
whoever was banking on $800 aapl, just close out
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #3088
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep

Thoughts on NOK? I think they fundamentally have a large potential for growth in 2013, despite cutting the dividend.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #3089
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

In on AAPL today near 444ish...will accumulate more next week.

In on RIMM at 10.70

In on FB at 24.00.

AAPL should do better with iphone 5S...many like me are waiting until 2 yr contract over to get new iPhone to get the subsidized price...ATT usually lets people out of their contract after 1 yr but they didnt do that this time...bet this contributed to weaker sales recently.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #3090
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

Quote:
nflx is useful for people who torrent: vcr verdict.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #3091
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #3092
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

I would buy appl right now. I'm unfortunately waiting for my cash to hit my trading account. I took most of it out at the end of 2012 to avoid 2013 capital gains tax changes, but this opportunity is too good to miss. I believe their 5S phone sales will prove to be a big seller.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #3093
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

I warned you guys with AAPL in the mid $400 with the chart.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #3094
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
In on AAPL today near 444ish...will accumulate more next week.
Not sure if it's a smart move YET. Seems a little premature, as I think it's gonna bottom closer to 400..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 07:26 PM   #3095
3_runner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

AAPL could drop another hundred points. It has every indication of being a one trick pony...maybe. We'll see if there is a buyback.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #3096
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

yeah I also warned about AAPL here a month ago or so...but the charts say the selling should be over soon...I am cost averaging so dont need to catch the absolute bottom....will buy more if it goes down next week.

But I will say this, I dont think I have ever not seen a true bottom when people were saying the exact things I am hearing on this thread about AAPL...you gotta buy when your brain tells you not to, do exactly opposite of what your emotions and brain are telling you and you will be better off....if the masses say stay away you gotta buy...hence my position in RIMM awhile back, everyone hated RIMM when it was below 10.00...and now AAPL, people hate this stock all of a sudden but its a growth company who is still the leader of tech trading at a PE of 10...revenue growth still 25% but earnings have flattened but I bet iphone 5S surprises to the upside....

Cant make money by following the herd...many people finally went long AAPL when it touched 500 and felt great when it saw 700 for a split second, but the problem is people never know when and how to get out...they will ride this thing down all the way to the bottom(like right about now haha) before capitulating...I feel more confident in this trade knowing people are advising against it and saying it could drop another 200 pt's.

The weak hands will sell to me right about now as I sense there is capitulation now and be very angry 1 yr from now when the true mkt top will hit.,,,even if it goes to 400.00 doesnt matter to me as it will be higher than 450.00 soon enough.

This thread was started by me to use technical analysis to establish entry and exit points based on a theory...doesnt really matter if you are right or wrong, just have to take a stand based on charts , a theory and maybe even fundamentals...but one thing you should do on this thread is the have the balls to take a position and announce your entry point so it has a time stamp..."I am up 50% in 2 wks" is meaningless unless you timestamp your entry cause anyone can say I am up 50% and you might be not be making it up if you take a small meaningless position in many stocks and you post the one that sticks.

I want to see charts or some form of data to show "why" you took the position...that is the true value of this thread...for others to learn different trading styles and theories.

Some people use Elliott Wave, some cycles work, some pure technical analysis, some use Dow Theory and some sentiment indicators(I like this form of trading myself).

GL ...imho if you wanmt to make money this yr you better have a long bias.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #3097
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

this isnt the time to be fearful on AAPL...there were two times you should have been fearful on AAPL and it was awhile ago.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #3098
Bushido Brown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

If people are so afraid of AAPL stock, then they should probably think about options. Had people been buying Put options a lot of money could have been made on the way down. But I agree with mact3333, there's no reason to be fearful of AAPL.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #3099
e92tt1986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

GDX looks very good
Would you guys recommend picking up some on monday?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #3100
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
yeah I also warned about AAPL here a month ago or so...but the charts say the selling should be over soon...I am cost averaging so dont need to catch the absolute bottom....will buy more if it goes down next week.

But I will say this, I dont think I have ever not seen a true bottom when people were saying the exact things I am hearing on this thread about AAPL...you gotta buy when your brain tells you not to, do exactly opposite of what your emotions and brain are telling you and you will be better off....if the masses say stay away you gotta buy...hence my position in RIMM awhile back, everyone hated RIMM when it was below 10.00...and now AAPL, people hate this stock all of a sudden but its a growth company who is still the leader of tech trading at a PE of 10...revenue growth still 25% but earnings have flattened but I bet iphone 5S surprises to the upside....

Cant make money by following the herd...many people finally went long AAPL when it touched 500 and felt great when it saw 700 for a split second, but the problem is people never know when and how to get out...they will ride this thing down all the way to the bottom(like right about now haha) before capitulating...I feel more confident in this trade knowing people are advising against it and saying it could drop another 200 pt's.

The weak hands will sell to me right about now as I sense there is capitulation now and be very angry 1 yr from now when the true mkt top will hit.,,,even if it goes to 400.00 doesnt matter to me as it will be higher than 450.00 soon enough.

This thread was started by me to use technical analysis to establish entry and exit points based on a theory...doesnt really matter if you are right or wrong, just have to take a stand based on charts , a theory and maybe even fundamentals...but one thing you should do on this thread is the have the balls to take a position and announce your entry point so it has a time stamp..."I am up 50% in 2 wks" is meaningless unless you timestamp your entry cause anyone can say I am up 50% and you might be not be making it up if you take a small meaningless position in many stocks and you post the one that sticks.

I want to see charts or some form of data to show "why" you took the position...that is the true value of this thread...for others to learn different trading styles and theories.

Some people use Elliott Wave, some cycles work, some pure technical analysis, some use Dow Theory and some sentiment indicators(I like this form of trading myself).

Very good points. Fib arc shows support at the $420-425 range. I'll be looking to go long soon when it hits those target.

AAPL just hit a $435 low after hours. Would love to see how AAPL opens on Monday. Three days of sell off usually show a bottom of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92tt1986 View Post
GDX looks very good
Would you guys recommend picking up some on monday?
Very risky play. I have been keeping up with NUGT and nearly bought on Thursday but luckily I didn't. Will have to see how these gold mining stocks do on Monday. Technical analysis is showing GLD/SLV will slide even lower.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #3101
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Just heard the news today. A few months ago I suspected that Apple's stock would drop because it's already hit a very high point. After that many things caused me to doubt their profitability in the near future. It's crazy to see that they went from almost $700 a share to less than $450.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #3102
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for calling me out. If anyone is curious, I do derivatives trading on futures markets. I initiated the position Dec. 28th, 2012. It revolved around shorting the VIX. I've had people PM me for more information on this return and what I did. I can say this now, and listen up Mact, I didn't use Technical Analysis on this. It was straight raw fundamentals.

There were no "charts" or lines that I graphed out for this position. There were no "resistance" or "support" levels. There was no analyzing of fib levels, MACD's, Stochastics, etc. No Technicals, at all. Period. This gain came from straight-up understanding term structures, valuations, and excessive premiums. The position was initiated with the full-understanding that an excess of premium had built up in the VIX term structure. I shorted it with 110% leverage. I was absolutely confident the trade would pan out, as it fundamentally should have. TA would have made me completely miss this trade. That I am completely confident of. TA may work for you and what you're doing, but for this particular trade it would not have.

And you were incorrect about the 50% return. It's now 60%. I did hit a high of 67% this week, but there was a slight pull back in my position. As always, I give you a snapshot of my entire portfolio's M.W.R. There were no other positions in my account. And considering I went 110% leverage, you can be sure I put my money where my mouth is, and then some.

P.S. Maximum drawdown on this position has been at 10%.

Attached Images