BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

07-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Mike's Play-Hookie-Go-Driving Day

I'm thinking it's time to play hookie from our daily responsibilities and enjoy a day of twisty back roads in our fine automobiles!

Date: Wednesday July 20th
Time: 10:30am
Start: Buckhorn, Ontario (Google Map)

Starting at Buckhorn we are right at some of the best roads southern Ontario has to offer. The famous #507 is just minutes north followed by many more of my favourite twisty roads between Minden and Bancroft. So take a day off work and come play with your sports car! Plan is not to drive at crazy speeds but rather to explore twisty backroads where the wide tires of our M cars can cling to the tarmac.

Buckhorn is less than a two hour drive from Toronto. I’m staying near there and will not be driving up from Toronto, but can can provide a GPS route of interesting roads to get you there and back home at the end of the day.

Let me know if you are interested in this epic day of driving nirvana!

Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
force4rmr
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 MW/SO

Mike, If I was in the GTA I'd skip work and join you! You big city guys should consider a road trip to the east coast in the fall....nice scenery, decent roads and not much traffic.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
GMW
Dolphin 38
Canada
Rep
Drives: a Submarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by force4rmr View Post
Mike, If I was in the GTA I'd skip work and join you! You big city guys should consider a road trip to the east coast in the fall....nice scenery, decent roads and not much traffic.
+1

Decent weather finally reached us here on the east coast and I'm looking for any good reason to leave work!
11' e92 M3 - new owner
10' S1000RR - miss it every day / 09' K1300S - miss it most of all.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
m3tor
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Great idea and very tempting, but won't be able to break away from the office this Wednesday unfortunately!
2002 E46 M3 Carbon Black / Imola Red, 6 speed, 19s - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
I'm thinking it's time to play hookie from our daily responsibilities and enjoy a day of twisty back roads in our fine automobiles!

Date: Wednesday July 20th
Time: 10:30am
Start: Buckhorn, Ontario (Google Map)

Starting at Buckhorn we are right at some of the best roads southern Ontario has to offer. The famous #507 is just minutes north followed by many more of my favourite twisty roads between Minden and Bancroft. So take a day off work and come play with your sports car! Plan is not to drive at crazy speeds but rather to explore twisty backroads where the wide tires of our M cars can cling to the tarmac.

Buckhorn is less than a two hour drive from Toronto. I’m staying near there and will not be driving up from Toronto, but can can provide a GPS route of interesting roads to get you there and back home at the end of the day.

Let me know if you are interested in this epic day of driving nirvana!

Mike
My cousin's cottage is off the 507. It is a great driving road. Watch out for sport bikes travelling fast. Some friends saw a bad wreck there 2 years ago.
Appreciate 0