BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

03-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #23
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Known View Post
Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at Maximapost.com?

This all started because of your post about CAPS LOCk being on! WTF?

If you're here to talk smack and get reactions out of BMW owners then you've done a good job.

I'm amazed at myself for lowering myself to your level.

.....at the very least, it was fun for a bit.

Now it's just plain old.

whatever.

To each his own.
Yes, I should be at the mythical "maximapost.com". Your level of maturity is definately shining bright by two attacks on what people drive. Typical snobbish behavior.

Thanks for exposing yourself.
      03-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #24
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Lol! Have fun driving your GS460.... ....while I'm in my M3. ....talk about being burned. Lexus=glorified Toyota. ...sorry, bro. Maybe one day you'll be in my M-shoes. ///and this all came about over CAPS LOCK??? Seriousloy guys.....get a life. I've played your back and forth trash talking game, and am now done. ....such a waste of time.
Yes, I am so envious to be you. Was just trying to fill you in with what the post was about. Next time I guess I should just leave you in the dark where you seem to be most of the time.

Enjoy the M though.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #25
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

G-Known is the kind of person that Clarkson had in mind when he said that M3 drivers have no friends.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
G-Known
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

lol! Hey guys....stop taking things so seriously! Damn! It's just an M3 post with a bit of trash talking! Get over it! If I have offended anybody I apologize. ....good Lord!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #27
m3larson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran C 1997 M3 Track C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack28 View Post
So what happened exactly? You were driving and a Service Engine Light Come one??
Thats crazy that it would do that. If I were you I would just take
it real easy till the 1200 Miles Service, even all the way up to 2k.
BMW sates that a good break in period is at 4k respectfully.
I know its gonna be hard but Im going to baby my car even after the 1200k service!
I mean after the 1200k Mile Service I will Take it up higher then 5k,
But just not get on it every second and not puch the living crap out of it.
Im still going to baby my car! Im really conservative when it comes to the break in period.
Im still going to take it easy after the 1200k service but not as easy as before 1200k.
How you drive The first 4k miles determines the rest of the life of the motor....
See your already taking it up to 6k and you got a Service light on.

Just seriously take it easy and baby it untill your 1200 miles serive!
If I were you I would still take it easy up till 2k......

Best of Luck

Jack

Oppps.. I tried very hard to keep mine under control but its not working out for me so well. Today I was playing with a vette and I had to get all over my M. No fun shifting at 5 G's.... Guess I'll only keep it till 5,000 miles or so anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #28
G-Known
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3larson View Post
Oppps.. I tried very hard to keep mine under control but its not working out for me so well. Today I was playing with a vette and I had to get all over my M. No fun shifting at 5 G's.... Guess I'll only keep it till 5,000 miles or so anyway
lol. It is very tough trying to keep her under control! I know what you mean!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #29
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

So do we actually know if there is a lower-HP mode for the M3 until the first service interval?
      03-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #30
G-Known
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
So do we actually know if there is a lower-HP mode for the M3 until the first service interval?
No. There is no lower HP mode. I talked to the dealer about this subject. The 414 hp is always there.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 02:02 AM   #31
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Lol! Have fun driving your GS460.... ....while I'm in my M3. ....talk about being burned. Lexus=glorified Toyota. ...sorry, bro. Maybe one day you'll be in my M-shoes. ///and this all came about over CAPS LOCK??? Seriousloy guys.....get a life. I've played your back and forth trash talking game, and am now done. ....such a waste of time.
Wow, what a douche bag. Who cares what the guy drives? This type of snobbish attitude gives BMW drivers a bad rep.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Mine has over 2,500 kilometers and no service indicator yet!!!
      04-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #33
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

G-known try to be less douchey. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:37 AM   #34
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
lol! Hey guys....stop taking things so seriously! Damn! It's just an M3 post with a bit of trash talking! Get over it! If I have offended anybody I apologize. ....good Lord!
Might want to be careful, your charming personality might come out.

Seriously, lay off the internet tough guy act. You have a M3 and your about as mature as a breast-fed infant, we get it already.

MAYBE IF I TALK LIKE THIS HE WILL LISTEN TO ME AND THINK WHAT IM SAYING IS IMPORTANT!

P.S. Epacy has been an enthusiast of the M3 and a very contributive member of this forum long before you even knew the car was coming out. Perhaps you should refrain from treating some of the community elders like total dog-shit. I'll also add in that again perhaps you should respect your car more. Not everyone is so privileged.
      04-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #35
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Mine has over 2,500 kilometers and no service indicator yet!!!
The miles to service displays every time you start the car--what's it saying? In iDrive you can get the more detailed status under Settings/Info Sources/Service Requirements.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #36
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

It's not clear if your engine actually burnt more oil or not unless the computer records oil levels over time and the BMW tech was able to retrieve that info. It is possible that your car came off the factory with less oil than it should have had. I think this happened to someone else here, a member from the UK?

P.S. Please stop trying to insult people for the type of car they drive. If not, bear the consequences, some of which were pretty darn hilarious actually.
      04-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #37
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
G-Known is the kind of person that Clarkson had in mind when he said that M3 drivers have no friends.
I was thinking the same thing. I almost hope you did ruin the engine because you clearly aren't mature enough to take a suggestion, let alone treat an M the right way. I feel sorry for your car.

Last edited by SS32; 04-15-2008 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #38
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Actually, no service light came on at all....that is what confused me. My car was the one who sent the message to my dealer indicating that it needed service. As you suggested, it would probably be a good idea to take it easy past 1200. .....My driving style up to 653 miles was definitely not conservative, but also nowhere crazy. Maybe I punched it one to many times. Who knows? The BMW tech and many others say I have nothing to worry about, and to just take it a bit more easy until 1200. ****Check the general forum...there are some good explanations there.
The same thing happened to me at 700 miles. My BMW center called me to tell me they received a teleservices message that my car needs the oil service. In actuality, the car's info system is telling me I have 600 miles left until my first service. I spoke to the Service Dept yesterday and they told me to wait until I reach 1200 miles, as per the car's info system. The teleservice message was just a "warning" to indicate that my 1200 mile service is due soon.
      04-16-2008, 01:30 AM   #39
G-Known
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I almost hope you did ruin the engine because you clearly aren't mature enough to take a suggestion, let alone treat an M the right way. I feel sorry for your car.
It really flatters me to know that I have so much control over your emotions. ...and that goes out to anybody else that has or wants to take a shot at me. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!

FYI....I'm at 2200 miles and my engine is running stronger than ever! Ur such a loser for wishing ill will on someone's engine. I may have said someone immature things, which by the way I have already apologized for, but wish ill will..I will never do.

COWMOO32 needs to stick to cow tipping and banging relatives.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 01:53 AM   #40
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92, 1986 325e 2021 X5 40i

Miles to service

On the six series it was based upon the number of gallons burned, not the mileage. Someone on the bimmerfest board knew the exact number of gallons.
Perhaps a good indication of how hard it was driven overall.
Maybe it's the same on the M3
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #41
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #42
AK-Boost
Rep
Drives: o4 WRX Stage 2.5 --- o6 GSXR

Lot of penis showing going on in this thread.

To answer G's question though...it is based all internally by the car's computer. It'll tell you when to go in, so you should probably do it as the maintenance is free anyway :P.

As for break-ins....it's all about taking it easy and letting everything set right. I'd ask the dealer to give you fully synthetic if they haven't already.

When I got my cars and even my motorcycle they have a break-in period IN THE MANUAL. 1000(gsx-r) miles to 2500(wrx) miles. I imagine with a high revving V8 and an engine that's kind of new, you'd want to follow the guidelines and put your ego aside when running against a vette, porsche, equally competitive ride.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #43
MWorldorder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Boost View Post
Lot of penis showing going on in this thread.

To answer G's question though...it is based all internally by the car's computer. It'll tell you when to go in, so you should probably do it as the maintenance is free anyway :P.

As for break-ins....it's all about taking it easy and letting everything set right. I'd ask the dealer to give you fully synthetic if they haven't already.

When I got my cars and even my motorcycle they have a break-in period IN THE MANUAL. 1000(gsx-r) miles to 2500(wrx) miles. I imagine with a high revving V8 and an engine that's kind of new, you'd want to follow the guidelines and put your ego aside when running against a vette, porsche, equally competitive ride.
Good to know! Thanks for the info! I had the same situation as G-Known at 710 miles and I took mine in like my baby requested.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #44
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
It really flatters me to know that I have so much control over your emotions. ...and that goes out to anybody else that has or wants to take a shot at me. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!

FYI....I'm at 2200 miles and my engine is running stronger than ever! Ur such a loser for wishing ill will on someone's engine. I may have said someone immature things, which by the way I have already apologized for, but wish ill will..I will never do.

Damn, I must have hit a nerve there. You're one to talk about emotions. I hope it makes you feel better talking down to people because of the car they drive; it really will get you places in life. You're not your car, it isn't what defines you. I've seen enough of your personality on here to know what type of person you are. I won't even humor you any more, it's not worth my time.
Appreciate 0