BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

10-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #23
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep
Drives: Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
Some of us need a cool shirt in 70 deg weather
I can't wait to track in 70 degree days in late Oct and Nov.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
I can't wait to track in 70 degree days in late Oct and Nov.
now we get some 50-60 degree days and still no rain if im lucky. perfect for making more power and better lap times, although im on a new set of nt01s so usually not as good til they get worn to shit.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Looks like a great time and what a pristine track! 35 minutes is a long time. I've done unlimited before and had to pull off around the 45 minute mark, was starting to look at the scenery, and you know what they say about where the car goes
      10-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #26
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Looks like a great time and what a pristine track! 35 minutes is a long time. I've done unlimited before and had to pull off around the 45 minute mark, was starting to look at the scenery, and you know what they say about where the car goes
see i dont get that when people say it. maybe i drive to slow but if im driving well i dont feel tense or fight the car. it feels smooth and easy the faster im going. it does help me to have a faster car to try and track down but i would go and drive all day by myself also and not care.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #27
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Quote:
see i dont get that when people say it. maybe i drive to slow but if im driving well i dont feel tense or fight the car. it feels smooth and easy the faster im going. it does help me to have a faster car to try and track down but i would go and drive all day by myself also and not care.
It was smooth and easy...so much so that I found myself resting my arm on the door on straightaways and watching the scenery go by...didn't help that there were only 3 of us out there...need someone to chase
      10-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #28
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was smooth and easy...so much so that I found myself resting my arm on the door on straightaways and watching the scenery go by...didn't help that there were only 3 of us out there...need someone to chase
thats okay. practice how well you can drive the track on auto pilot.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #29
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep
Drives: Purple People Eater

There's going to be a track event coming up on Nov. 1st at my home track (Buttonwillow) where you can get 3 hours of track time for the day (3 groups that go out every 20 minutes for 9 hours). That will test my stamina. I've heard that by the afternoon it's basically an open track session with more than half the people gone.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #30
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
There's going to be a track event coming up on Nov. 1st at my home track (Buttonwillow) where you can get 3 hours of track time for the day (3 groups that go out every 20 minutes for 9 hours). That will test my stamina. I've heard that by the afternoon it's basically an open track session with more than half the people gone.
thats how every day that i go to is. 20 minutes splitting the hour in 3 then by mid day half the people have crapped out.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #31
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Was just there a few months ago. Love the track so much more than PIR. Of course I left my traction control on normal..(forgot to change it) so the car slllooooowwwwww..

But had a good time
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #32
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaung View Post
Was just there a few months ago. Love the track so much more than PIR. Of course I left my traction control on normal..(forgot to change it) so the car slllooooowwwwww..

But had a good time
interesting i was just at PIR last weekend. Hard to not notice the traction control being on, at least in my car it is almost undrivable. my e90 was similar in full on, mdm was okay.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #33
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

What? You don't have traction control like Vettle/Red Bull?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #34
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
What? You don't have traction control like Vettle/Red Bull?
nope i just drive slow has the same effect.

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #35
Shaung
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

First time at the ridge and first time at the track with this car. I had M mode on but the traction control was set.to normal.
Appreciate 0