BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-08-2023, 11:13 AM   #23
SteveEvans
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

The easiest way to adjust is to park on level ground pointing at something with horizontal lines such as a brick wall. Adjust the height of one lamp so that the top of the beams to the kerb side (left in the UK, right elsewhere) is level from each light. They’ll then be at the same height although possibly incorrectly aimed. Then drive down a road with a wall or hedgerow at the side and you should see the beam running parallel to the road. If necessary stop and adjust, applying the same adjustment to each light. Repeat until you have that parallel beam, then return to the brick wall and adjust the driver’s side light if necessary to get them both level.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 09:42 AM   #24
Romanb
Rep
Drives: 335i conv 2008, X4M40i 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by prubin View Post
My 2011 M3 has Xenon Adaptive headlights with auto-leveling, and I recently noticed an adjustment knob/screw, but I don't know it's purpose. In the attached photos, what is the purpose of the knurled adjustment knob/screw? Does this adjust the headlight position ? If not, is it possible to adjust the height of adaptive headlights? I've read conflicting things in threads about adaptive headlights.
I have E93 (335 convertible) with xenon adaptive lights. The adjustment knob looks identical. My right light is slightly higher and the technical inspection in France determined that it’s out of alignment. It’s a US car, 2008 model. When I turn the knob using a hex key nothing happens. It can also be turned by hand, though there is no much room there. I turned it twice and there was no visible change on the wall. Is it broken?
Appreciate 0