05-23-2009, 04:36 AM   #1
Hayzi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 09 E92, BMW S1000 RR Bike

New M3 delivery delay?

Hi Guys

I placed an order with Sytner on the 7th April for a new build to order M3. I was told at the time of order by the dealer that delivery would be 8 - 10 weeks which was fine. I contacted the dealer this week if there was an update on delivery date. They have now called back and advised that current M3 production is on hold and new build date given is 2nd week of September (week 36). To say the least I'm not impressed but has anyone been given the same story?

I was told by the dealer at the time of order is that at week 36 this is when they start to build my2010 car so I'm assuming I would receive a MY2010 M3

I got a great deal on the car, list price including extras £61k and I got it for £54k but if I can't get a specific build date I may just cancel it. First time I have purchased a BMW but not very impressed!

Cheers

Ian
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Its probaby due to fact the M3 factory closes during the month of August for holidays

Just be patient. Its a fantastic car and its definetly worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayzi View Post
Hi Guys

I placed an order with Sytner on the 7th April for a new build to order M3. I was told at the time of order by the dealer that delivery would be 8 - 10 weeks which was fine. I contacted the dealer this week if there was an update on delivery date. They have now called back and advised that current M3 production is on hold and new build date given is 2nd week of September (week 36). To say the least I'm not impressed but has anyone been given the same story?

I was told by the dealer at the time of order is that at week 36 this is when they start to build my2010 car so I'm assuming I would receive a MY2010 M3

I got a great deal on the car, list price including extras £61k and I got it for £54k but if I can't get a specific build date I may just cancel it. First time I have purchased a BMW but not very impressed!

Cheers

Ian
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Don - There is no way that ordering a car in April should be linked to the plant closing in August. I hadn't heard that BMW had completely closed any plants but had reduced working days.

I ordered my second E46 M3 in May and it was with me in July.
Appreciate 0