BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

11-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

help a film school student in LA

E90POST Members:

I am a film school student attending The Los Angeles Film School interested in becoming an editor. Right now I am working as an Intern Assistant Editor, learning the AE tasks at this moment. At school, I am learning how to use Final Cut Pro from the Suite 2 software on my Mac Book Pro in the editing classes here, with Avid Media Composer later this year. At my internship I am learning how to digitize media, and stack the clips onto the timelines in Avid.

With my current emphasis on editing and Pre-Production, I am also interesting in the Pre and Post-Production phases of film. I am minoring in Producing and am looking to find an internship, shadowing if possible, a Producer to guide me through the processes of the Pre-Production phase. I hope to learn the intent and tasks of a Producer.

I would appreciate any help that can advance my skills in the film industry.

Sincerely,

John To

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Congrats John! I've seen some amazing work on this forum, so I'm sure there will be plenty of people to help you out.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

thanx! i def will be workin on the next bimmerfest in may 09. gonna be a sick video w/ the equipment i'm allowed to rent from the equipment room we hav here.

Appreciate 0