BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #23
Blke92m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 AW m3

Are these prices including labor to install?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #24
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Anyone considering a kit and the big financial investment. Do not let the pricing be the reason for buying. We all want to save money.

Do your research on all the companies out there. Read forum reviews, reach out to forum members, reach out to main tuners in your area that do these kits and sell them.

Then determine if the cheapest kit new kit on the market is giving you best product for your hard earned money .
Anyone considering a car or a modification as an "investment" probably shouldn't be trusted for financial advice. Either way, I have one hell of a bridge to sell them. What's hilarious is the near instant 30-40% depreciation hit that these things take the second they are installed.

From a hardware perspective, the top 3 kits seem identical and it seems like they're just pricing it up according to power output vs. what they're actually selling you. Call me crazy, but I think I could buy the 595, get a different pulley and a tune and spend the rest on another AR15 and maybe a good bottle of scotch.

I'm sure these are fine kits, I'm just not a fan of the presumed upcharge for a different pulley and tune, if that is truly the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #25
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Anyone considering a kit and the big financial investment. Do not let the pricing be the reason for buying. We all want to save money.

Do your research on all the companies out there. Read forum reviews, reach out to forum members, reach out to main tuners in your area that do these kits and sell them.

Then determine if the cheapest kit new kit on the market is giving you best product for your hard earned money .
not a fan of VF I take it.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #26
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

I have this on my e92 m3 and I've had it for about 1 year now. No issues and I track it about 1-2x a month...runs STRONG
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Okusa it was the opposite in fact. But, money played a big factor originally. Long story short. Based on my needs for the vehicle,geographic location, emissions and wanting customer service. I had to learn the hard way that this product and business relationship was not right for me.

Things may of changed. I really hope that is the case for current and potential customers. If it was my hard earned money. I would save up and look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #28
rev9k
Banned
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Okusa it was the opposite in fact. But, money played a big factor originally. Long story short. Based on my needs for the vehicle,geographic location, emissions and wanting customer service. I had to learn the hard way that this product and business relationship was not right for me.

Things may of changed. I really hope that is the case for current and potential customers. If it was my hard earned money. I would save up and look elsewhere.

what ever happened to your kit?? I never heard back from you, still selling?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam335idhedhy View Post
These prices are for the kits only. We do have many resellers/installers who put together some very nice packages if you purchase your kit through them. Basically drop your car off and pick it up with the supercharger installed a few days later with 1 easy transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
Anyone considering a car or a modification as an "investment" probably shouldn't be trusted for financial advice. Either way, I have one hell of a bridge to sell them. What's hilarious is the near instant 30-40% depreciation hit that these things take the second they are installed.

From a hardware perspective, the top 3 kits seem identical and it seems like they're just pricing it up according to power output vs. what they're actually selling you. Call me crazy, but I think I could buy the 595, get a different pulley and a tune and spend the rest on another AR15 and maybe a good bottle of scotch.

I'm sure these are fine kits, I'm just not a fan of the presumed upcharge for a different pulley and tune, if that is truly the case.
Well said! It is a substantial amount of money and factual information tends to get lost in translation on the forum for various reasons. As a manufacturer, and from an Engineering standpoint, we know not every single M3 out there is maintained/driven/modded the same way and is why we advertise figures conservatively and give facts based on what we've alone have gathered from our experience and testing. Luckily there's life outside the forums, and getting behind the wheel of something you're buying for this amount of money is the best thing you can do! I don't know anybody who bought their M3 without test driving one first...

We offer anyone local who's interested to come by anytime and test drive our long-term test VF620 E90 M3. Also, even though our customers don't post often, they're happy to offer rides to people in their areas outside of SoCal as well!

Regarding upgrades/supercharging, we decided to create the VF595 power level in response to the continual amount of inquiries we receive about buying a VF540 kit and adding just the cooling system with it. It can't be done because of the change in airflow/need for tuning, hence we created the VF595.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
I have this on my e92 m3 and I've had it for about 1 year now. No issues and I track it about 1-2x a month...runs STRONG
Congrats on the European Car challenge, Joe! Can't wait to see the final results!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

30k miles on our VF620 beast - not a problem yet. Buncha systems sold, some in the Middle East rocking with no problems. 4 of the VF620 systems sold to Philly area folks saw more track than street time this year...

For those that follow our Facebook - you know our brothers in Lebanon put a proper beating on their BMWs. We just installed another kit there this weekend ;-)
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #31
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

We offer anyone local who's interested to come by anytime and test drive our long-term test VF620 E90 M3. Also, even though our customers don't post often, they're happy to offer rides to people in their areas outside of SoCal as well!
That's what I am talking about... Dang why do I have to live so far away from all the cool stuff
      11-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #32
Aaron@RPM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam335idhedhy View Post
We will be offering some Black Friday specials for VFE kits. Here is a link: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918479
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
These prices are for the kits only. We do have many resellers/installers who put together some very nice packages if you purchase your kit through them. Basically drop your car off and pick it up with the supercharger installed a few days later with 1 easy transaction.

Well said! It is a substantial amount of money and factual information tends to get lost in translation on the forum for various reasons. As a manufacturer, and from an Engineering standpoint, we know not every single M3 out there is maintained/driven/modded the same way and is why we advertise figures conservatively and give facts based on what we've alone have gathered from our experience and testing. Luckily there's life outside the forums, and getting behind the wheel of something you're buying for this amount of money is the best thing you can do! I don't know anybody who bought their M3 without test driving one first...

Regarding upgrades/supercharging, we decided to create the VF595 power level in response to the continual amount of inquiries we receive about buying a VF540 kit and adding just the cooling system with it. It can't be done because of the change in airflow/need for tuning, hence we created the VF595.

Congrats on the European Car challenge, Joe! Can't wait to see the final results!
So, besides a pulley and a tune...what's the difference between your top 3 kits?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #34
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
So, besides a pulley and a tune...what's the difference between your top 3 kits?
Upgrading our kits is the easiest to do out of all the options available. Your question depends on what you mean by top 3 kits
VF540 :is the most popular kit being purchased this year(universally upgradeable components/less labor and downtime)
VF620 :most # of units in operation worldwide
VF650 :highest performance but not everyone has a full sports exhaust and easy access to 93 octane.

Going from a VF540 non-cooled to a VF595, VF620, or VF650 cooled is the highest cost but you also get the most:
- Slide-in air:water heat exchanger in existing universal manifold
- Front mount radiator assembly w/bracket
- Factory grade water lines and fittings
- Bosch water pump
- upgraded pulley and belt
- Custom VF-software flash
(A new Hex Flash OBD2 Cable and PC program will be included for 2nd hand customers)
- 1 year/12 mile warranty for the upgrade parts

Once you have the ^above components, the small difference in price to upgrade is well worth the value in the tune, belt and pulley and makes Upgrading Easy. This is the same for other S/C options, unless other manufacturers require other extra necessary parts. Once you get behind the wheel of a 620/650hp boosted M3, it's hard to want for more. The tamer VF595 is suited for those looking for more power and air-to-water cooling without the higher $$ and boost psi of the 620 or 650. The +175hp jump with a VF595 is usually enough to satisfy the hunger!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #35
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking I am thinking about next VF Supercharger upgrade

Quote:
Upgrading our kits is the easiest to do out of all the options available. Your question depends on what you mean by top 3 kits
VF540 :is the most popular kit being purchased this year(universally upgradeable components/less labor and downtime)
VF620 :most # of units in operation worldwide
VF650 :highest performance but not everyone has a full sports exhaust and easy access to 93 octane.

Going from a VF540 non-cooled to a VF595, VF620, or VF650 cooled is the highest cost but you also get the most:
- Slide-in air:water heat exchanger in existing universal manifold
- Front mount radiator assembly w/bracket
- Factory grade water lines and fittings
- Bosch water pump
- upgraded pulley and belt
- Custom VF-software flash
(A new Hex Flash OBD2 Cable and PC program will be included for 2nd hand customers)
- 1 year/12 mile warranty for the upgrade parts

Once you have the ^above components, the small difference in price to upgrade is well worth the value in the tune, belt and pulley and makes Upgrading Easy. This is the same for other S/C options, unless other manufacturers require other extra necessary parts. Once you get behind the wheel of a 620/650hp boosted M3, it's hard to want for more. The tamer VF595 is suited for those looking for more power and air-to-water cooling without the higher $$ and boost psi of the 620 or 650. The +175hp jump with a VF595 is usually enough to satisfy the hunger!
Everything above is correct about the VF540, VF620, and VF650 about how you can easily upgrade I am living proof of that because I am already in the process of doing this so far. Glad they came down on the price $$$$ because it makes the jump to the next upgrade that much easy for you I am about to be one of the lucky few and jump to the VF650 kit because I have 93 Octane in my state of Texas and my M3 is already full sport exhaust ready or should I say my M3 is Catless . I started out with the VF540 special MFest limited edition in April of this year drove my M3 to SoCal because I wanted VF to install my kit. I loved the kit got addicted and then I wanted more power . Early August of this year I pulled the trigger again made another fun drive to SoCal changed out my rod bearings and upgraded to the VF620 kit awesome power very fast you will love it. Now that VF drop the price on their kits and I still have the need for more speed the VF650 kit is next for me I got the gun loaded and about to pull the trigger. Here are some pics when I started with the VF Limited Edition VF540 kit and then the last pic is current with the VF620 kit There is also a You Tube video when I gave my friend David a ride when I had my VF540 kit

Attached Images

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 11-28-2013 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #36
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

^Looking good, Shady!

Please Call Us today for Black Friday only special pricing!
1-714-528-0066
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #37
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Shady1 tour car has the performance suitable for the sound! What is your exhaust setup?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #38
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Angry

Quote:
^Looking good, Shady!

Please Call Us today for Black Friday only special pricing!
1-714-528-0066
Damn I been working all day just seen this to late

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 11-29-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #39
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Shady1 tour car has the performance suitable for the sound! What is your exhaust setup?

AA X-pipe Catless, Gintani Race exhaust

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #40
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post

AA X-pipe Catless, Gintani Race exhaust
Gotcha! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #41
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
I did the VF540 to VF595 upgrade install this past Sunday. Took about 12 hrs total doing it by myself along with changing the spark plugs. Pretty much everything on the kit has to come back off and then you have more to put back on. I went with a smaller pulley from Vortech (3.8"), so this added some time to the install, as the supercharger must be taken off the bracket to do this. If you keep your stock 4" pulley from the 540 kit, it will take a little less time to do the upgrade. I'll post up a more detailed review after I get some more seat time, but I will say this: The IC upgrade was totally worth the money. There is a noticeable difference in smoothness, power, and consistency of the kit.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #42
VF-Engineering
Major
Rep

^Good stuff, SYZ! It would normally take around 6-7hrs. but it sounds like you did some other maintenance while you were in there. You can save a lot of time swapping the pulleys by loosening the supercharger from the bracket rather than taking it off completely. How many miles have you driven since you first installed the VF540?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #43
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
I did the VF540 to VF595 upgrade install this past Sunday. Took about 12 hrs total doing it by myself along with changing the spark plugs. Pretty much everything on the kit has to come back off and then you have more to put back on. I went with a smaller pulley from Vortech (3.8"), so this added some time to the install, as the supercharger must be taken off the bracket to do this. If you keep your stock 4" pulley from the 540 kit, it will take a little less time to do the upgrade. I'll post up a more detailed review after I get some more seat time, but I will say this: The IC upgrade was totally worth the money. There is a noticeable difference in smoothness, power, and consistency of the kit.
Good to see someone else on the forums doing their own work.

I really wish someone would create a thread showing the install step by step or even better a youtube video. Would be great advertising for the product and if something like this existed I would have probably already purchased a kit since I plan on doing the install myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #44
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
Quote:
^Good stuff, SYZ! It would normally take around 6-7hrs. but it sounds like you did some other maintenance while you were in there. You can save a lot of time swapping the pulleys by loosening the supercharger from the bracket rather than taking it off completely. How many miles have you driven since you first installed the VF540?
Correct, I had to take off the supercharger bracket just to remove the driver side coil cover to access the plugs. I debated whether I should leave that side off for future plug changes, but opted to re-install it. Perhaps I can just remove the supercharger next time. I'll have to look again how accessible the bolts are. For the most part, I only have a basic set of sockets and tools. I think the second time around I would be able to do it much quicker.

I had about 5500 miles on the 540 kit; installed since May. Never had a problem with check engines lights. I was running the original software the entire time. Nik sent me an update a couple months back, but I didn't bother installing it.
Appreciate 0