BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

01-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
RockingCPA
Rockin in the Flying Toaster of Doom!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Element SC w/music gear

BPS E92 M3 AW DCT Prem, Tech 11,200 miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi guys,

Well, the car goes tomorrow. I just thought I'd post it up to see if anyone wants it and can buy in the next 24 hours. The car has been returned to stock and I'm asking $50,000 for it. Here are the features:
  • Alpine white with CF roof
  • Black leather interior
  • Premium package
  • Tech package
  • Cold weather package (heated seats, etc.)
  • DCT
  • Only 11,200 miles +\-
  • 18" stock wheels and Micheline PS2 tires only have 2,200 miles on them. Had HREs since 2,208 miles
  • Stock brakes only have about 2,250 miles on them. Had HRE's since 2,208 miles and drove straight to AutoTalent where Zolte installed the Brembo brakes I just sold
  • In-service date was 8/15/08. Warranty is good for 4 years or 50,000 miles from that date. Mileage is so low, you'll likely never exceed the mileage warranty.
  • 4 Years/50,000 Miles Maintenance Program
  • 4 Years/Unlimited Mileage Roadside Assistance
  • Hard-wired for Valentine 1
  • Garage 100% of the time I've owned it.
  • Never autocrossed or tracked.
  • Car is in excellent condition

AGAIN, BUYER MUST BE READY TO WIRE PAYOFF BY TOMORROW OR IT GETS SOLD TO A LOCAL DEALER.

Bob

This is how it looked the day I picked it up. This is the current configuration (minus door guards, blocked suspension and other stuff they do to new cars to ready for delivery)

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

ahh man !! whats next?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

posts at 430 pm and gives you a 24 hour notice....Now thats a good for sale thread!!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Interior pics?

Very, very surprised a local dealer will give you anything close to 50k. glws.
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
Dinan, Wheels & Accessories for Sale
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
bren335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvor View Post
Interior pics?

Very, very surprised a local dealer will give you anything close to 50k. glws.
They aren't. Unless the new car purchase is jacked up to reflect the trade.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Let me know if you're willing to negotiate.

Is it true that cars bought in California are subject to some sort of California sales tax even if they are going to be registered in another state? Or, has the interweb been lying to me again?

Thanks.
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
Dinan, Wheels & Accessories for Sale
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:

Is it true that cars bought in California are subject to some sort of California sales tax even if they are going to be registered in another state? Or, has the interweb been lying to me again?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure it's true. We love taxes over here
      01-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Ricfutures
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Thanks.
I think that only applies to dealer sales. If it's a private sale then taxes do not apply.

I could be wrong but I bought my M3 from a dealer in Redmond, WA and had to pay CA sales tax which was brutal.
EB M235i (Sold)
E92 M3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Good luck Bob!
      01-30-2010, 02:38 AM   #10
RockingCPA
United_States
Rep

Not quite true!! Depends!!

Quote:

Thanks.
As my new member name indicates, I'm a CPA (Certified Party Animal hehehe). Here's the law. If you take possession in CA, you are subject to CA sales tax. I found this out on the old BPS E46 M3 that I sold to a guy in NM. The law used to be that you could get a 24 hour pass to leave CA and you could drive it out of state immediately and not be subject to CA S/T. NOW, you have to ship it out of state to avoid CA S/T. So, the buyer of my E46 (just 5 months ago) arrange for a car transport company to come and pick up the car end carry it to NM. Presto...no CA sales tax. He paid sales tax and reg fees only in his resident state.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #11
RockingCPA
United_States
Rep

Introducing...The Flying Toaster of Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alpine View Post
ahh man !! whats next?
It's the Flying Toaster of Doom. It does 0-60 in 9.6 seconds, but I can carry a bunch of musical gear, rides good, is quiet, has an excellent stereo, handles amazingly well for a small SUV and I carried the following M3 parts in one trip and another guy.

1. A full Brembo BBK in 4 separate boxes.
2. All four stock wheels AND tires
3. My stock trunk lid
4. A Vorsteiner rear diffuser
5. A Vorsteiner front lip spoiler
6. Box with H&R lowering springs
7. Another full-sized adult

AND if I'd taken the seats out instead of just folding them up I could have gotten my stock exhaust in the car, too!!!

So, you guys can get to 60 twice as fast as me now, but I can carry most of your car. Hehehehehehe

I'll get another M3 in a couple of years. My oldest son is now 16 and needs something to learn to drive in, so I'm just being a responsible adult and parent. I'm sorry, he's NOT learning to drive in a $70K M3q. He'll probably end up with the Element at some point (as long as he promises to let me borrow it for gigs), and I'll get another M3.

Bob

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #12
rydr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingCPA View Post
As my new member name indicates, I'm a CPA (Certified Party Animal hehehe). Here's the law. If you take possession in CA, you are subject to CA sales tax. I found this out on the old BPS E46 M3 that I sold to a guy in NM. The law used to be that you could get a 24 hour pass to leave CA and you could drive it out of state immediately and not be subject to CA S/T. NOW, you have to ship it out of state to avoid CA S/T. So, the buyer of my E46 (just 5 months ago) arrange for a car transport company to come and pick up the car end carry it to NM. Presto...no CA sales tax. He paid sales tax and reg fees only in his resident state.
What if the owner drives it to the border of California and delivers it to the buyer? Then would the buyer have to pay CA tax?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 03:22 AM   #13
RockingCPA
United_States
Rep

The car is GONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
posts at 430 pm and gives you a 24 hour notice....Now thats a good for sale thread!!
I love you, man. The car is gone. Sold. Outta here. If I had more time I would have given more notice. I had already made a commitment to sell it, but my buddy at the BMW dealership would have let me back out IF I got a buyer that was ready to go RIGHT THEN.

I really want to say what I think of comments like this, but just as when I was a vendor, I keep my mouth shut and just remember it's the small handful idiots with no life that I had to deal with that prompted me to get the hell out of a no-profit, thankless business like internet retail sales. 99% of my customers were great, but it's that one a-hole that could just ruin your day.

Let me leave on word of wisdom. Even if you're not religious, follow the golden rule and treat people like you'd like to be treated. Don't be an butthead, just because you can hide behind the anonymity of a forum user name. Treat my ex-collegues and competitors with respect. Don't call them up and use 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of their time to get the advice you need to avoid a costly, stupid mistake, and THEN after using their time, ask them to match the lowest price you could find on a website that gives ZERO customer service. Customer service costs money and don't squeeze every last nickel of the transaction to the point where they don't want to deal with you.

I could have done that with my new Honda. I could have grinded them to save a few hundred dollars more, but I wanted them to make some money on the deal, so they would want to take my phone calls and not try to avoid me. Here's my last tidbit of wisdom...

All relationships in life are like sex...it's got to be good for both parties, otherwise someone won't want to participate.

Peace...out!!! Good luck to all.

Bob

BTW, i'm not subscribing to this thread, so have at it!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #14
RockingCPA
United_States
Rep

Call the BOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydr View Post
What if the owner drives it to the border of California and delivers it to the buyer? Then would the buyer have to pay CA tax?
Call the State Board of Equalization. If the buyer takes possession out-of-state = no CA sales tax. I'm not sure they can enforce that rule with a private party, but I'm seeing a lot of Board of Equalization audits because the State of CA is beating the bushes looking for money. State employees get really motivated to collect taxes when they start receiving IOU's instead of paychecks.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #15
kizzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 Imola Red

HRE sold?
Appreciate 0