BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

05-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
IMO, i wouldn't pay close to 80g for an m3.......
I guess that, if you want to hear the engine tune in full surround sound driving with the top down, you need to be willing to pay the convertible price

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #24
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
read my post above

may i ask if you leased/financed?
I got 3.9% financing thru BMW FS.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #25
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepboy View Post
I guess that, if you want to hear the engine tune in full surround sound driving with the top down, you need to be willing to pay the convertible price
definitely
Quote:
I got 3.9% financing thru BMW FS.
my hats off to you if payment isn't a problem, enjoy the beast
      05-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #26
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my hats off to you if payment isn't a problem, enjoy the beast
Thanks. Payment shouldn't be a problem.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #27
Mr C
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 Dakar and E90 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Trey Drvr View Post
Taking delivery of Brilliant White/Amarone Individual...1000 over invoice. You should have negotiated that BEFORE placing the order. However, it is still easy to make the dealer cave...they don't want special order M3's sitting on their floor, as most people do not want to pay an extra 5000 for paint. Tell them you won't take it unless it's 1000 over invoice; at the very least 1500.
A few weeks ago, I did test them on the price, and their answer was, “this was a special order and we are NOT discounting it. If you don’t want it we will just put it in the showroom and it will move.” I said “who in the hell is going to buy a YELLOW M3, and even pay $5000 more to boot.” They will not sell that for quite a while…

I was thinking on hinging the deal by making them throw in the Extended Warranty, the Extended Maintenance, and the Tire Warranty. Yeah right, that totals about 8K.

Any help with my negotiations would be helpful. I have about a week or so before it comes in.

P.S, keep in mind that I purchased at 135i from them less than a year ago!
      05-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #28
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389426

8g less for almost the same options, lol
      05-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #29
Mr C
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 Dakar and E90 AW

I guess I am going to have to call their cards…

We will see what happens…
      05-29-2010, 01:27 AM   #30
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Quote:

That's a $3k less MSRP car, and that's an ED.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 06:29 AM   #31
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Almost the same car, but not the same car, which makes a difference, even if not too big. The biggest difference though is that the car you mentioned is an european delivery so you are not comparing apples to apples here...

It is strange that multiple people have used all sorts or unreasonable (and sometimes false) arguments to try to make me fell bad about my purchase. First time I see this around here as typically people congratulate you and welcome you to the "family"...

All this back-and-forth actually convinced me that I got a great deal: $510 over invoice (if you count waived floor mats and inspection) with 3.9% financing on a 2011 convertible which will be delivered in a week, as opposed to 8! Nothing wrong with tracking ship location and wondering what the hell is going on with the preparation center that doesn't released my car, but I am happy I won't have to do this and I guess it is hard to put a price tag on that.

If the final price on my car is "too high", it is because we are talking about a fully loaded convertible. Comparing the price to a lesser equipped car, a base model coupe or an european delivery is just nonsense...

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #32
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Almost the same car, but not the same car, which makes a difference, even if not too big. The biggest difference though is that the car you mentioned is an european delivery so you are not comparing apples to apples here...

It is strange that multiple people have used all sorts or unreasonable (and sometimes false) arguments to try to make me fell bad about my purchase. First time I see this around here as typically people congratulate you and welcome you to the "family"...

All this back-and-forth actually convinced me that I got a great deal: $510 over invoice (if you count waived floor mats and inspection) with 3.9% financing on a 2011 convertible which will be delivered in a week, as opposed to 8! Nothing wrong with tracking ship location and wondering what the hell is going on with the preparation center that doesn't released my car, but I am happy I won't have to do this and I guess it is hard to put a price tag on that.

If the final price on my car is "too high", it is because we are talking about a fully loaded convertible. Comparing the price to a lesser equipped car, a base model coupe or an european delivery is just nonsense...

I am a CA. I tried telling these folks that you got a great deal. Just ignore the negativity and enjoy your new car. Everyone always has a comment to make, and almost all the time its a foolish comment. They think we CA's are out to clobber you "the customer" and make a killing. I hate that way of thinking. We are here to help.

Enjoy.
      05-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #33
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Invoice is $77,000 so $1000 over (or $510, if you count the waived inspection fee and floor mats) sounds like the average price people have been posting here...
I think this is a very reasonable price, that might be because I paid the same.

Not one to throw money away, but I'm past the point of grinding every penny out of the deal. 6 to 7 percent off on a car like this is fair. The dealer does need to make a buck too. As I got this price with zero haggling it was also a pleasant experience. Years ago, I might have felt "taken" if the deal hadn't taken four days of back and forth, etc. Life is too short for that stuff now.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #34
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:

Congrats on your car. You are correct that the comparisons others have made are apples to oranges. Your deal is a good one - looking forward to seeing your car!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #35
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
I know it has been a few months, but I was looking through threads trying to find info on the auto high beams, and came across this. It's one of the more bizarre threads I've found, someone pretty much being attacked for getting a decent deal. I'm not sure what they were trying to prove. Looks like you got your M3, hope you're enjoying it.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #36
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 AW E93 M3

First congrats on your car. What I don't understand why not 1.9 or .09 percent. Why are you getting 3.9 percent.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #37
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice13 View Post
First congrats on your car. What I don't understand why not 1.9 or .09 percent. Why are you getting 3.9 percent.
Because this was back in May. Guess BMWFS was not offering the 0.9 or 1.9 rates yet...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #38
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackfiend View Post
I tried telling these folks that you got a great deal. Just ignore the negativity and enjoy your new car. Everyone always has a comment to make, and almost all the time its a foolish comment. They think we CA's are out to clobber you "the customer" and make a killing. I hate that way of thinking. We are here to help.

Enjoy.
+1 you got a good deal and should enjoy your car
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #39
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 AW E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Because this was back in May. Guess BMWFS was not offering the 0.9 or 1.9 rates yet...
Ahhh got it,thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #40
BMWMFAN27
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 IB M3

Garage List
Quote:

Your deal is just fine. You got a good deal. I paid invoice, but I am friends with one of the owners. By the way, you will love Interlagos. I have IB/BB on my vert and it just pops. I especially love the color in direct sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #41
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Below is Edmunds.com. Unless we are looking at different websites, your number is not correct.

So 1) the MSRP is not wayyy to high and 2) If you read the Edmunds website, they say there are some spcific costs associated with differen regions that may not be shown in their search, like the famous advertising fee, etc. I only closed the deal after seeing the actual invoice, which they did not want to show me in the beggining, but I said I would not buy it without looking at the invoice.

Again, I would love to go back to the dealer and get a couple of thousand dollars off the price before delivery, but so far you guys are not really making a lot of sense. Or maybe I am just too dumb to understand the math you guys are doing...
WOW! thanks. i didnt know this tool existed. quick question tho, do they do around 1000 over invoice for custom built cars too? or is haggling to just over 1000 invoice reserved just for cars in the lot? thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0