BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM
View Poll Results: Should I keep the camcorder or try to sell it for some money back
Keep it. You never know when you'll need it. 1 33.33%
Sell it. Even if you don't get the full amount back. 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

06-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
bringsmewomen
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Need opinion on whether to keep or get rid of camcorder

OK, so I bought an awesome JVC Everio G 30GB camcorder a few weeks back that I still have not yet used at all. It was an impulse buy since I have always wanted a camcorder, but never had a real reason to get one. I have no clue what to film and it's awkward to bring a camcorder where a camera would usually do the trick. Anyways, I was gonna return it to best buy despite the 15% restocking fee but realized I tossed the receipt. I'm contemplating selling it on ebay. I literally used it twice for two 2 minute test shots. But I probably won't get it for the price I paid plus tax. And I am not sure if I should even sell it cause what if I do, and I realize I need it for something down the road and I kick myself. I paid about 750 and bought a case and a spare battery which came out to over 900 with taxes. Prob won't get that much on eBay. 900 is some money but it's not gonna kill me if I don't have it in my pocket. At the same time it's still 900 that could be better spent somewhere else. I'm on the fence if I should try selling it on ebay and probably recouperate some of the 900 or just keep it.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringsmewomen
OK, so I bought an awesome JVC Everio G 30GB camcorder a few weeks back that I still have not yet used at all. It was an impulse buy since I have always wanted a camcorder, but never had a real reason to get one. I have no clue what to film and it's awkward to bring a camcorder where a camera would usually do the trick. Anyways, I was gonna return it to best buy despite the 15% restocking fee but realized I tossed the receipt. I'm contemplating selling it on ebay. I literally used it twice for two 2 minute test shots. But I probably won't get it for the price I paid plus tax. And I am not sure if I should even sell it cause what if I do, and I realize I need it for something down the road and I kick myself. I paid about 750 and bought a case and a spare battery which came out to over 900 with taxes. Prob won't get that much on eBay. 900 is some money but it's not gonna kill me if I don't have it in my pocket. At the same time it's still 900 that could be better spent somewhere else. I'm on the fence if I should try selling it on ebay and probably recouperate some of the 900 or just keep it.

Thoughts?
If you're not going to use it, then I say get rid of it. You might want it if you have kids (or maybe you already do?) to film them doing stuff, but otherwise, what would you need it for? I suppose you could shoot some vids of your e90 in action, but other than that...?
      06-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
bringsmewomen
Lieutenant
Rep

Doesn't best buy allow you to return something without a receipt?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #4
Foo's Girl
E90 Baking in the oven...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringsmewomen
Doesn't best buy allow you to return something without a receipt?
I think they can do a receipt look up if you payed with a debit or credit card.

Get rid of it. If you havent used it by now, you wont use it at all. The only time we use ours is for our kids.
      06-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
bringsmewomen
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo's Girl
I think they can do a receipt look up if you payed with a debit or credit card.

Get rid of it. If you havent used it by now, you wont use it at all. The only time we use ours is for our kids.
I wonder if they give u a store credit without receipt or they can do a full refund.
Appreciate 0