BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

11-25-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
SchwarzerM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Anyone in Germany with a supercharged M3?

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is anything else needed to get the TUV approval after installing the S/C....
How much does it increase the insurance premium?

Anything else someone should know?

Thanks

Alex
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

There's a couple around but I'm not sure they are on the Forum. Best route may be to send Christain from G Power an E-mail. He should know.

This address should get you in contact - export@g-power.de

Insurance wise would depend on your insurance company. May be best to not insure the SC as the rates w/o one in Europe are high enough.

Last edited by Moxie; 11-25-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
per
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

I am investigating the possibility to get an TUV approval in Sweden, it is not that easy.
Best way seems to bee to drive the car on E85 and get the car registered as environmental friendly.
If you find a way to do it in Germany it should work in Sweden also, let me know...
      11-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
SchwarzerM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
There's a couple around but I'm not sure they are on the Forum. Best route may be to send Christain from G Power an E-mail. He should know.

This address should get you in contact - export@g-power.de

Insurance wise would depend on your insurance company. May be best to not insure the SC as the rates w/o one in Europe are high enough.
Hello,

thanks for the tip. I'm looking more into a ESS Kit instead of a G-Power kit, however, the TUV requirements are probably the same...
In Germany every car has to get the TUV approval (physical inspection of the car), every three years I believe, so it is impossible to "hide" the S/C kit from the painfull insurance premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by per View Post
I am investigating the possibility to get an TUV approval in Sweden, it is not that easy.
Best way seems to bee to drive the car on E85 and get the car registered as environmental friendly.
If you find a way to do it in Germany it should work in Sweden also, let me know...
What is the problem with getting TUV approval? Do you have to upgrade the brake system, suspension, tires?

Alex
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

ESS from Norway & GPower from Germany. I have no idea how to get TUV certification, but ask ESS if they are TUV certified. ESS should be able to provide the answers to all your questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
SchwarzerM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
ESS from Norway & GPower from Germany. I have no idea how to get TUV certification, but ask ESS if they are TUV certified. ESS should be able to provide the answers to all your questions.
I wrote Roman from ESS a PM, so far no response....
Appreciate 0