BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

01-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #45
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
That doesn't answer my question as to why you feel that you need to bring more of these dogs into the world when there are already far more dogs than homes. I'm not saying that you don't care about them nor am I accusing you of being an irresponsible breeder but I just don't see the motivation. If you were really passionate for the breed you would probably be working to stop the overpopulation instead of adding to it.
Yes overpopulation is a problem, but pure breed lines are getting extinct, I'm trying to make sure that future generations will be able to see this magnificent dog. "If you were really passionate for the breed you would probably be working to stop the overpopulation instead of adding to it" and that is why that I have a contract, You will not be able to breed my dogs unless I consent when you buy it and that way I need to know you and the contract is more restrictive and complex.

I did not think you were attacking me, a think you was the first one that mentioned something of concern not being ignorant at same time.

Thank you for your post
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #46
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
That doesn't answer my question as to why you feel that you need to bring more of these dogs into the world when there are already far more dogs than homes. I'm not saying that you don't care about them nor am I accusing you of being an irresponsible breeder but I just don't see the motivation. If you were really passionate for the breed you would probably be working to stop the overpopulation instead of adding to it.
I feel the same way about kids. My old neighbors have 5 kids and it's disgusting.
      01-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #47
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Quote:
Have you ever worked at a shelter by chance?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #48
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuto View Post
Have you ever worked at a shelter by chance?
No, I have not. I am quite sensitive to the cause as a bully breed owner myself.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #49
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, I have not. I am quite sensitive to the cause as a bully breed owner myself.
I have. Therefore I have worked with the animals in a shelter environment from all stages (when they get dropped off and undergo behavioral testing to adoption). While I agree many of these breeds are available for adoption (80% in mixed form) there is a certain "wild card element" as I called it. Most of the dogs in shelters pasts are fuzzy. We tested for temperament with people, children, and other dogs. Many of the pits had issues with other dogs. It is very rare you see a nice middle class family drop off a pit bull because they can no longer care for it. It is more often the abused and neglected we get in. The tests are run and ones that do not 'score high enough' are put to sleep ( and yes, this is why I quit working at a "no kill" shelter. There is no such thing.) The others are put into limited adoption. Many of which can only go to those with families and dog owning experience. Here is the problem. You adopt your pit, take him home, and one day an event triggers a mindset from it's past and it goes apeshit. We have seen this happen, where one who I remember as such a sweet dog one day triggered and killed the owners Pug. You can never be 100% sure of what you are getting with adoption. Also training is much more difficult, specifically off leash obedience. A dog that you have raised from a puppy if properly trained is less likely to run off when off leash than an adopted dog. While there are the people adopting a pit is perfect for (we would get a lot of single mid 20's-30's middle-upper class women who worked and lived downtown and wanted them for protection/peace of mind) some people, such as those with children or other pets are better off starting with a puppy, which are not easy to adopt. And frankly it is so difficult to adopt a dog these days that it is easier to go to a breeder. I had worked at my shelter (remaining nameless) for 6 months and was on a first name basis with everyone and was refused application for adoption. I was a 19 year old college student, who had a job, my own place with a fenced in yard, and not only worked with but had grown up with pets. I was denied. Ultimately I had to go to a breeder. Things in the dog world are not always as clear cut and idealistically perfect as many think.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #50
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
I have. Therefore I have worked with the animals in a shelter environment from all stages (when they get dropped off and undergo behavioral testing to adoption). While I agree many of these breeds are available for adoption (80% in mixed form) there is a certain "wild card element" as I called it. Most of the dogs in shelters pasts are fuzzy. We tested for temperament with people, children, and other dogs. Many of the pits had issues with other dogs. It is very rare you see a nice middle class family drop off a pit bull because they can no longer care for it. It is more often the abused and neglected we get in. The tests are run and ones that do not 'score high enough' are put to sleep ( and yes, this is why I quit working at a "no kill" shelter. There is no such thing.) The others are put into limited adoption. Many of which can only go to those with families and dog owning experience. Here is the problem. You adopt your pit, take him home, and one day an event triggers a mindset from it's past and it goes apeshit. We have seen this happen, where one who I remember as such a sweet dog one day triggered and killed the owners Pug. You can never be 100% sure of what you are getting with adoption. Also training is much more difficult, specifically off leash obedience. A dog that you have raised from a puppy if properly trained is less likely to run off when off leash than an adopted dog. While there are the people adopting a pit is perfect for (we would get a lot of single mid 20's-30's middle-upper class women who worked and lived downtown and wanted them for protection/peace of mind) some people, such as those with children or other pets are better off starting with a puppy, which are not easy to adopt. And frankly it is so difficult to adopt a dog these days that it is easier to go to a breeder. I had worked at my shelter (remaining nameless) for 6 months and was on a first name basis with everyone and was refused application for adoption. I was a 19 year old college student, who had a job, my own place with a fenced in yard, and not only worked with but had grown up with pets. I was denied. Ultimately I had to go to a breeder. Things in the dog world are not always as clear cut and idealistically perfect as many think.
I don't disagree with a single thing you've said and I know how difficult it can be to adopt a dog, hell even to get a dog from a breeder. I live in a dog friendly condo complex but the second a breeder or shelter hears "condo" they immediately deny you. Little do they know that I drive to a nature preserve every day and walk outside for an hour or more. Anything less than a 100acre farm is considered an unsuitable environment for a dog.

My whole point is this. There are currently 537 puppies looking for homes on this one website. Do we need 8-10 more? It's my feeling that we do not.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #51
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokaef View Post
If you come here and drag my dog around by the tail or leg etc.. and he attacks you I will give 100K, So before you know one and know their owner please keep your comments to yourself.

Thank's
Sorry I wasnt aware that this was Cuba.. I will say whatever I please, and you have a choice to either READ it or Ignore it.. Welcome to America kid..
      01-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #52
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

I will not get on this to deep but this a answer that I must give...

If I want to look like a gangster I would drive a 745 brand new blackout, Care with me my .40mm and my mag 9mm under the seat.

Ps. I can care my guns with me because I'm military that does not means that I need or will.
mentally unstable... I can see your dog being like that. and because of that YOU DON'T Have The Honor of have a DOG like This. would be a crime against the dog let him have a owner that talk w/o clue.

Not mean to offend you but do some research before you speak up again.

This post reads like a Nigerian check scam email..

Seriously.. If you are into the dogs, whatever. MY opinion(yes we are still allowed to have those) is that Pit Bulls are disgusting animals, and more often than not they are breed to be used as a fighter or a weapon.. SURE there are cases where the dogs are friendly, but they are few and far between.
      01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #53
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser McCool View Post
Sorry I wasnt aware that this was Cuba.. I will say whatever I please, and you have a choice to either READ it or Ignore it.. Welcome to America kid..
Someone hasn't been keeping up with their current events... Ten years, hell, I'll even give you three this would've made sense. Captain America, maybe it's time to brush up.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #54
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
vicious and mentally unstable??? the personality of any dog depends on how the dog is treated and raised, same as humans. we've had a pit before and he would never hurt anyone, ya he might bump into your or step on your toe but nothing more than that. our pit pyru who was a solid 80lbs and looked scary as hell was scared of my 4month old boxer. for you to speak of pits as if they are the worst dogs in the world tells me 1. youve never had a dog 2. you have a fear of dogs especially pits and 3. all the pits you've seen have been owned by irresponsible people. pls dont speak on a subject that you OBVIOUSLY have no clue about. i love my family with all my heart and would never think twice about having a pitbull raised by me next to any of my family members
1) Ive had dogs my whole life
2) Ive NEVER feared a dog, my neighbor growing up had an AKITA which are WAY more scary looking than pitbulls
3)NOT TRUE, a guy my dad works with had to have his dog put down because he came home one day and the dog snapped.. it pinned him on his kitchen counter.. the guy was a computer geek who worked at the same hospital as my father, and he was ALWAYS nice to the dog when I was around.. SOMETIMES they are just UNSTABLE
      01-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #55
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes overpopulation is a problem, but pure breed lines are getting extinct, I'm trying to make sure that future generations will be able to see this magnificent dog. "If you were really passionate for the breed you would probably be working to stop the overpopulation instead of adding to it" and that is why that I have a contract, You will not be able to breed my dogs unless I consent when you buy it and that way I need to know you and the contract is more restrictive and complex.

I did not think you were attacking me, a think you was the first one that mentioned something of concern not being ignorant at same time.

Thank you for your post
HAHAHA I love how you manage to turn your greed and monopoly on this particular BREED into a LOVE for the breed and a cautious step towards overpopulation.. The reason you dont let anyone breed them is simple.. NO COMPETITION...
      01-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #56
Laser McCool
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Someone hasn't been keeping up with their current events... Ten years, hell, I'll even give you three this would've made sense. Captain America, maybe it's time to brush up.
I was making a point, besides everyone knows that these forums are made up of like 98% chinese.. I didnt want to offend them
      01-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #57
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

I foresee this thread being closed for some reason...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #58
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Seriously.. If you are into the dogs, whatever. MY opinion(yes we are still allowed to have those) is that Pit Bulls are disgusting animals, and more often than not they are breed to be used as a fighter or a weapon.. SURE there are cases where the dogs are friendly, but they are few and far between.
I'd really love to know what you're basing this on. I have known more than 10 pits in my lifetime on top of currently owning a Staffordshire Bull Terrier which is often included in the Pit Bull category. I've never met one of them that I could ever describe as "mean." If you were to smash through my window in a ski mask, my dog would help you carry the TV out and lick your face in the getaway car. When she sees another dog she rolls onto her back and lets them smell her. She'll do this for a chihuahua or a mastiff. I've heard her described as extremely excited but never ever as mean or unfriendly. If anything, she's too friendly. You're basing this on perception rather than fact. While we're on the subject of facts, my dog has also been bit on 2 occasions... both were golden retrievers. Also, the only dog that has ever attacked me and drawn blood is a Jack Russel Terrier. Here is some interesting reading for you.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #59
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #60
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Man, I should had open a thread about Pitbull opinions, A lot of people need to learn more about this Dogs.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #61
88Brimble
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:

You're an idiot...I've been around WAY more good pits than bad ones. They're smart as hell, you just have to be smart responsible owner....just like with ANY dog.

It has nothing to do with the dog, it's all the owner. You can train chickens to fight each other, does that mean chickens are evil disgusting animals?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #62
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
2) Ive NEVER feared a dog, my neighbor growing up had an AKITA which are WAY more scary looking than pitbulls
3)NOT TRUE, a guy my dad works with had to have his dog put down because he came home one day and the dog snapped.. it pinned him on his kitchen counter.. the guy was a computer geek who worked at the same hospital as my father, and he was ALWAYS nice to the dog when I was around.. SOMETIMES they are just UNSTABLE
You are wrong. Ask any dog professional, dogs do not "snap," in the sense that you speak.

Also, you sound like a simple minded buffoon..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #63
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!

Quote:

hahhaahahahaha your hilarious. you say you had dogs your whole life???? if you were a so called dog owner, then its obvious you are not a dog lover. having dogs and loving dogs are two different things. dogs know when they are respected and they know when your scared of them. you say an akita is scarier than a pit? that is the first time i haver ever heard that. if your comparing size then ya, they are pretty scary I GUESS. any dog owner who would put his dog down just because they snapped should never be allow to own another dog for the rest of their lives!!!!!!! dogs dont snap for no reason, maybe that person misunderstood the dogs intentions. my dog snaps at me when we play or if he tries to grab something from my hand. dogs will not bite the hand that feeds them, unless they are abused some how. get lost from this thread and go be scared of that cute akita whos soooooo much scarier looking than a pit bull
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #64
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Quote:

i would stop if i were you. you're just digging yourself a deeper hole. just pure ignorant comments. i bet you haven't been much around pits and just listen to the news too much.

i've had my pit for over 12 years. he is the smartest, beautiful and most gentle animal that i've ever encountered. i've even witnessed a toddler bite my dog's ear pretty hard. he yelped and ran away without doing any harm to the toddler. unfortunately, he is really old now and will leave me within a couple of years. but he has proven to me that pits are great pets (best friends) and I will no doubt get another one.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #65
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Quote:
How old are you?????????? 13???
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #66
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
hahhaahahahaha your hilarious. you say you had dogs your whole life???? if you were a so called dog owner, then its obvious you are not a dog lover. having dogs and loving dogs are two different things. dogs know when they are respected and they know when your scared of them. you say an akita is scarier than a pit? that is the first time i haver ever heard that. if your comparing size then ya, they are pretty scary I GUESS. any dog owner who would put his dog down just because they snapped should never be allow to own another dog for the rest of their lives!!!!!!! dogs dont snap for no reason, maybe that person misunderstood the dogs intentions. my dog snaps at me when we play or if he tries to grab something from my hand. dogs will not bite the hand that feeds them, unless they are abused some how. get lost from this thread and go be scared of that cute akita whos soooooo much scarier looking than a pit bull
Yeahhh.... smart guy.... he meant 'snapped' as in mentally snapped and lost its shit, not nipped at a hand or something... context...cooooonnnttteeexxxttt
Appreciate 0