BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

01-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
MiscExpense
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez

Help with clearbra

I have a 2009 with the full Ventureshield installed. Well... almost full the entire car was covered when I purchased it . I removed the film from the doors rear quarters and the boot lid. I did this due to massive hazing, and RID's it looked like the previous owner just thought since it was protected it could be run through a tunnel wash behind a muddy truck twice a week.
My question is since this was a good quality film can anyone help me in product selection to polish the hood, fenders, and roof back to near perfect. here is a link to a pro on here who did the same to a F360. Let me tell you read this whole thread this guy is amazing its almost god like how he brought the finish back from the grave.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638017

I am a perfectionist and this is just bugging me. Thanks in advance

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
MiscExpense
Private First Class
Rep

Well this will show you what I deal with in my area. Called a so called detailer and asked if he could work on this for me and his reply was he had no idea where I had heard that, but a clearbra could not be polished and that he would gladly remove and replace. I didnt argue just said I would be in touch.

I have on hand

megs 105/205
menzerma SIP and nano
wolfgang swirl remover and finishing glaze
flex and griots DA

I really want to try and correct myself if not the nearest paint correction detail shop that has experience with our cars is about 4 hrs away and in another state.

any suggestions

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

105/orange
SIP/white
106/black (need to pick up if WSR doesnt work here, dont know anything about it as I havent used it)

all on the griots DA, 5.5" pads, speeds 5/6

should be good to go! just slow down on the clear bra, and I would not use 105 and orange on it as you will chew it up. you need to go slower and more mild on clear films
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

or just take it to BOB and let him get it dialed in for you and then you maintain it from there on out!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

So how did it look under the bra?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
MiscExpense
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
105/orange
SIP/white
106/black (need to pick up if WSR doesnt work here, dont know anything about it as I havent used it)

all on the griots DA, 5.5" pads, speeds 5/6

should be good to go! just slow down on the clear bra, and I would not use 105 and orange on it as you will chew it up. you need to go slower and more mild on clear films
Thank you that helps a ton, ill order a bottle of 106 tonight, I thought I might have the right products just needed some help selecting.

LOL on having BOB handle it I would love to have him use his skills the big hang up is he is about 3500 miles away and at around $1500 one way to ship it would be a hefty tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
So how did it look under the bra?
paint looked fantastic under the bra it did it's job thats for sure. it was so hazed up when i pulled it off it was almost like pulling off a matte clear vinyl.

Appreciate 0