BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
jimmy ny
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw m3

Anybody buy from JL Motoring?

Just saw their website and WOW. Great prices! Almost to good to be true. Has anybody bought their stuff? Any feedback about fit, finish? For that price I will even have my bodyshop install and put on some extra clearcoat on just for good measure. Im thinking about Type 2 diffuser and front splitters.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

I bought a vrs type front lip from them. They're pretty good, although the fitment isn't perfect. I suggest try to find a used authentic one with no to minor blemishes (because its bound to get damaged) and not get hit by depreciation (or at least only a little depending on hw much u bought/sell it for) when it comes to reselling it . If u can't find one, go for jl motoring.
I heard from some ppl here that the diffusers leave about 1-2 mm gap in between the bumper and the diffuser itself. So be warned
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

They are well known for replica and just an FYI .... the fitment is going to be a hit or miss....

but yea some sponsor on this site carry JL products... and yes they are cheap which is the best part...

its funny how some of the people here will say you get what you pay for... I SAY FAWK THAT....

ex.

VORS GOT SHITTY FITMENT..... WELL ITS A HIT OR MISS (it shouldnt be like this cause they are selling lip and diffuser twice as much as others.

AKRYM AND CHALLENGE ARE THE TOP EXTERIOR MOD FOR THE M3 THAT USUALLY FIT PERFECTLY BUT MY AKRYM LIP IS A LITTLE OFF JUST A TINY TINY BIT..(sorry im anal when it comes to parts and fitment)

JL: its a hit or miss

Last edited by Grail05; 02-17-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

So far so good with JL motoring's front lip and rear diffuser. The front lip I have fits better than a customer of mine's authentic vorsteiner lip.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

I had a VRS style front lip from JL Motoring and the fitment was just fine. I would have no problem buying from them again. For someone who needs a new lip after every winter because I end up plowing snow with it all winter, replica lips make perfect sense for me.

However, I also bought a VRS style Type II rear diffuser and the fitment was god awful. The authentic diffuser is meant to be installed with just 3M double sided tape, but the replica one needs to be epoxied or forget about it. JL Motoring made the same claim to me themselves. Something to think about.
      02-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
Evolved M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Anyone have any input on the fitment of their CSL Trunk they sell?
Appreciate 0