BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #89
chili cheese
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 Corvette Z06

Those guys are as ugly as the wheels they sell.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #90
m5wally
Rep
Drives: 2008 M5

Here's some very basic questions I'd love for adv1 to address:

1. You claim that the extra holes are for weight reduction however the additional holes are threaded. Why where the additional holes threaded if it's for "weight reduction"?

2. If it was done for weight reduction why wasn't it done to all four wheels and only two?

3. Why do we have to travel to MHTs facility to verify the origin of your parts? You are "The Wheel Industry" aren't you? I would expect "The Wheel Industry" to at least have inventory in there headquarters.

In my opinion you guys are full of crap and have done an excellent job at hypnotizing all those wealthy blocks whom have no absolute knowledge of whom they're dealing with.

But in a community of street smart consumers like the ones found here you guys are done! Keep pumping out the marketing and attracting those ignorant to the reality you're doing a good job at it.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #91
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
lol
      07-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #92
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

wheres the engineering proof that the structural integrity of the wheels hasn't been compromised? nowhere in jordan's post is this even approached. "100% confidence" means nothing without documented facts that the wheel is still roadworthy. these guys are just like mcdonalds advertising for the olympics.
      07-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #93
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

ADV EPIC Fail. Wake up.

This is an EPIC thread. While it may be true ADV's customer service is responsive (as ADV claims), apparently it's not good enough to solve the problem or the OP wouldn't be posting his detailed explanation. It's not exactly the best part of anyone's day to be showing how you were fooled on the quality of a high priced product.

While wheel manufacturing issues certainly do occur in volume, when you're paying over $6,000 - $8000 for a set, the resolution should be seamless and flawless the second time around (e.g. replacement wheel set). It's clear several attempts did not resolve the issue. There's no excuse for that. We get ADV refunded "quickly" at the end, but seriously, should it had even come to this point to begin with? Simply ridiculous for anyone to have to go through such an ordeal with a company claiming to sell a high-end / quality / precision product.

Made in the USA? maybe so, but ADV's execution is certainly tainting the meaning of it.

OP - put it behind you and hope you get another set of wheels worth your hard earned money.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #94
b42
Japan
Rep
Drives: audi rs6

Thank you for many comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
B42, as you've decided, it's not a good idea for you to use those wheels. The right side doesn't look too bad, but the left side is really questionable.

If you are unsuccessful returning the wheels and getting your money back, I would recommend that you measure the roundness and lateral run out of each replacement (for the ones you have now) wheel at both the inside and outside lip before mounting tires. With the 21" wheel size and what must be a very small sidewall tire, you've got a lot of factors working against a vibration free assembly (multi-piece wheel tolerances, large heavy wheel, almost no give in the tire sidewall, low tire weight compared to the wheel). As others have said, you would likely have better results with a high quality monoblock wheel such as a Neez or any wheel manufactured by Taneisya or Rays/Volk or any quality Japanese manufacturer for that matter.

Good luck to you.
Thanks for your advice, calintexas.
I have not used these wheels for a long time, and I have no intention of using them any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
Alright guys, I have Jordan's official reply to this situation. Just to go over this quickly, we have never refused to give the customer his refund. We've cooperated with his every request and of course we have already sent him the refund which he requested publicly.
No, I don't get the refund yet.
I just got Jordan's offer of the refund.
I'm going to get the refund, but I have not remailed my answer to him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
I honestly don't know why this customer has all of a sudden decided to share this information as we've provided him with nothing but impeccable service since 2010. These wheels have been on his car for nearly, if not over a year now. Photos have been circulating the internet for months and he has given us nothing but positive feedback on them until now. This information is well documented in emails, even recently upon his latest report of this issue where we / I have been nothing but open to his every request.
I'll give you a hint: HE'S FED UP WITH YOUR BS! You didn't fix the issue, you sent him (unquestionably) unsafe wheels, and he's fed up with it.
Thanks M3PO!
That's perfectly right.

Jordan's comment is not true a little bit.
I want to tell you guys about it, but I don't have a time to write my comment right now.
I'm going to write it next week absolutely.

Last edited by b42; 07-14-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #95
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b42 View Post
Thank you for many comments!

Thanks for your advice, calintexas.
I have not used these wheels for a long time, and I have no intention of using them any more.

No, I don't get the refund yet.
I just got Jordan's offer of the refund.
I'm going to get the refund, but I have not remailed my answer to him yet.

Thanks M3PO!
That's perfectly right.

Jordan's comment is not true a little bit.
I want to tell you guys about it, but I don't have a time to write my comment right now.
I'm going to write it next week absolutely.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #96
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #97
Ice350
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
Name calling will only cause those guys to shy away.
I want to hear more replies to questions asked on this page.
I don't want them to have an excuse to not respond.

Plus, it's immature to call people out like that. I thought we were all grown men around here.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #98
inandout
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4 Rings

Spreading the love to other car forums...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #99
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Truly unbelievable .
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #100
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350

Name calling will only cause those guys to shy away.
I want to hear more replies to questions asked on this page.
I don't want them to have an excuse to not respond.

Plus, it's immature to call people out like that. I thought we were all grown men around here.
waaaahhhhhh
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #101
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

why'd tibra get banned?
      07-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #102
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
why'd tibra get banned?
I noticed that too. Strange..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 04:14 AM   #103
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

If I buy wheels I'll give my money to BBS or any JDM wheel company where quality is their top priority.

ADV1 is just a fancy name with fancy video marketing.
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #104
Ice350
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS350

One thing I've learned is that ADV1 uses the same companies that everyone else uses to make their wheels. With that being the case, why do they charge double the price? Certainly the quality isn't better....probably worse after ADV1 gets their hands on the center and starts drilling holes all over it.
They have marketed themselves to charge a premium price for their exclusivity. More proof that in our society, all you need is the loudest mouth to be heard the most.....and a gullible audience.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #105
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

If I was gonna order some expensive wheels from US, I'd probably wouldn't dare going with anyone other than HRE.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #106
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
If I was gonna order some expensive wheels from US, I'd probably wouldn't dare going with anyone other than HRE.
Forgeline is another US Wheel Company I would put my money on aside from HRE...both are race/track proven.
      07-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #107
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib
I know that HRE is exotic and expensive, but man I don't like their wheels. I know their quality is exceptional, but the looks :-/
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #108
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Wow, unbelievable. There is no question that two threaded holes touching each other weakens structural integrity and increases the likelihood of a stress fracture. ADV should have just sent him another set of wheels rather than attempt to convince everyone that it is a safe manner to save weight (on 21's lolz) with arbitrarily-placed threaded holes. Hope you get your refund OP.

Can you imagine BBS doing the same thing? I sure can't.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #109
Active 2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 E46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
Does Active Autowerke still sell them?

When I saw Active started selling the ADV.1 wheels, I kinda fell that they lost their genuine spirit from E36/46 M3 era and I lost respect.

I will buy a cheap set of VMR over ADV.1 etc. of expensive junks from FL any day.
As far as i understood, Active does not sell ADV.1 anymore. If you check their website, they are no longer advertised under the wheels section.

See for yourself: http://store.activeautowerke.com/wheels-c24.aspx
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #110
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
why'd tibra get banned?
WTF
Appreciate 0