BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

The Canadian dollar is now worth more than the U.S. dollar

I think I'm a couple months late on this one but the Canadian dollar is now worth more than the U.S. dollar. If my knowledge serves me right, no country's currency used to be more valuable than the U.S a few decades ago. Now many countries are starting to surpass the value of U.S. currency. I guess in at least one way that's good news for me. I just bought an emergency supply of silver Canadian Maple Leafs with a $5 face value on each.

Info: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
I think I'm a couple months late on this one but the Canadian dollar is now worth more than the U.S. dollar. If my knowledge serves me right, no country's currency used to be more valuable than the U.S a few decades ago. Now many countries are starting to surpass the value of U.S. currency. I guess in at least one way that's good news for me. I just bought an emergency supply of silver Canadian Maple Leafs with a $5 face value on each.

Info: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert
Your knowledge doesn't serve you right. Many other currencies have been worth more than the USD for decades. The CAD was worth more than the USD in the early 70s and periodically in the late 50s and through the 60s. AFAIK the British Pound has always > USD.
Appreciate 0