BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #45
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Break in oil change is at 2500 miles then every 7-8k miles after. Air filter should be cleaned or replaced when needed.
I just cleaned my filter last week, it was dirty as hell!
Can you give me the part # for the filter. I need to have a spare

I used a couple gallons of soda water and put a couple scoops of oxi clean and it sucked some serious dirt our of that filter.
Attached Images

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #46
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghammer View Post
Really ? I did not know this. Here is a quote copied from the ESS site
Service and Maintenance With the ESS Supercharger system, once installed and detailed nicely, the owner/driver can expect to close the bonnet and forget it.

Roman can you give a brief summary of what an average driver should do to maintain a ESS supercharger.

thanks
Roman told me to have the blower fluid changed at 2500 miles and after that change it every 7500 miles.

A quote from AJ @ ESS in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
300-500 miles is enough break-in on the kit, and as long as your car is at over 1200 miles then you are ready to go WOT to redline. The ECU will need a few WOT passes to redline to fully adapt and power will increase as soon as adaptation is in.

The first oil change for the SC unit is recommended at 2500 miles. Following the first break in service, 7500 mile intervals is recommended. Oil change is very easy and takes less than 5min, there are 3 oil changes included with the kit.
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #47
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thanks guys
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #48
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Hey guys just to give you an update. AJ sent me the new file for my car. V12 I believe and it idles 10 times better now. I knew it was tune related as expected. I'm also not throwing any codes as of now either. What happened last night was I had my CIC replaced due to my navigation turning on and off. They had to program my car and it deleted the supercharger tune. ALSO if anyones is having trouble with there e-flash cable theres a little trick if it's not picking up the USB connection. Sal at ACM told me to un-install the ess program and re-install with the usb to OBD2 still connected to the car. It WORKED!!!!!!!! . Big thanks to Roman and AJ at ESS for there amazing customer support and flawless design! Thanks guys

2015 F80 M3: JB4 and MPE

2022 G80 M3CX: At port
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #49
Mr.MichaelM3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
I just cleaned my filter last week, it was dirty as hell!
Can you give me the part # for the filter. I need to have a spare

I used a couple gallons of soda water and put a couple scoops of oxi clean and it sucked some serious dirt our of that filter.

WOW!!! I put maybe 1,000 miles on the car now and my filter is almost as dirty!! I wish you didnt have to take off the front bumper to get to the filter tho. Any input on that? Thanks guys

2015 F80 M3: JB4 and MPE

2022 G80 M3CX: At port
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #50
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MichaelM3 View Post
WOW!!! I put maybe 1,000 miles on the car now and my filter is almost as dirty!! I wish you didnt have to take off the front bumper to get to the filter tho. Any input on that? Thanks guys
What? you have to take the front bumper off to get to the air filter? I didnt know that.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #51
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M760xi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
What? you have to take the front bumper off to get to the air filter? I didnt know that.
You dont. You can get in thru the driver front wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #52
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
You dont. You can get in thru the driver front wheel well.
This.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #53
M3NSCH
Private
Rep
Drives: Tuuuurbo

I would have guessed idle control valve over software... hopefully the flash fixed it and it isn't just coincidence. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #54
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Like Sal and Roman mentioned you can go through the fender well. I prefer to remove the front bumper only because I can also clean all the bugs and shit off of the intercooler and behind the kidney grills. I've got it down to about 10 mins to get the front bumper off and about the same to get it back on. Let me know if I can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
Roman told me to have the blower fluid changed at 2500 miles and after that change it every 7500 miles.

A quote from AJ @ ESS in another thread:
I recently changed the oil on my blower and it took less than 10 min's start to finish. Very easy to do.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #55
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
Quote:
Hey guys just to give you an update. AJ sent me the new file for my car. V12 I believe and it idles 10 times better now. I knew it was tune related as expected. I'm also not throwing any codes as of now either. What happened last night was I had my CIC replaced due to my navigation turning on and off. They had to program my car and it deleted the supercharger tune. ALSO if anyones is having trouble with there e-flash cable theres a little trick if it's not picking up the USB connection. Sal at ACM told me to un-install the ess program and re-install with the usb to OBD2 still connected to the car. It WORKED!!!!!!!! . Big thanks to Roman and AJ at ESS for there amazing customer support and flawless design! Thanks guys
Oh man, it was because you didn't have the SC tune on... Glad you got the new file and got it straightened out

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
Like Sal and Roman mentioned you can go through the fender well. I prefer to remove the front bumper only because I can also clean all the bugs and shit off of the intercooler and behind the kidney grills. I've got it down to about 10 mins to get the front bumper off and about the same to get it back on. Let me know if I can help

I recently changed the oil on my blower and it took less than 10 min's start to finish. Very easy to do.
Yeah, this is one I'll be doing myself. I think your build thread has inspired me to take on more car projects myself even though I know this is a minor one.
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #56
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

mine did the same w/out supercharger. turned out to be throttle valve sensor
Appreciate 0