BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

01-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
SchnellM3
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Garage List
Question Ordering a M3 GTS

Has anyone ordered one yet? Since Ive seen the first thread Ive wanted to get on the list for them. From what I understand they are only allocating 500 of them for the US market. Ive been to some dealers while looking at a new 7 and they all have told me that BMW has not told them anything yet. So my question is how many more spots are there left if any and what kind of options can I expect to see. I want to keep it pretty sporty, but at the same time I am a person who needs air conditioning mainly and a few other things. Will I be able to get them without being insanely overpriced?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Good luck.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
Has anyone ordered one yet? Since Ive seen the first thread Ive wanted to get on the list for them. From what I understand they are only allocating 500 of them for the US market. Ive been to some dealers while looking at a new 7 and they all have told me that BMW has not told them anything yet. So my question is how many more spots are there left if any and what kind of options can I expect to see. I want to keep it pretty sporty, but at the same time I am a person who needs air conditioning mainly and a few other things. Will I be able to get them without being insanely overpriced?
The GTS is not coming to the US. It can only be purchased directly through BMW and for now only for German registration. There are anticipated to be maybe 50 of these per year. Where did you hear 500 for the US market?
      01-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

^^^ Agree, I mean if I'm not mistaken the US only got like 750 Audi RS4's in it's first year, I don't see the US getting 500 GTS's, let alone 500 GTS even being built world wide. For the cost of a Pcar Turbo or GT3, I doubt many US Buyers would opt for the GTS over either of those Porsches.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

+1.

I love the M3 in all forms; but at that price point, I would buy a P-car, hands-down.
      01-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Where on earth did you hear the GTS was coming to the US?
Probably from a "trusted" salesmen, I mean they know best don't they?

OP, do yourself a favor and ignore everything you ever hear from a salesmen, there LACK of product knowledge never ceases to amaze me....

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #7
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0